when did it become the Forum for the Rightious!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-lizbif-x

I have to get this off my chest before I explode, im sick to death of a minority of people on this forum who seem to think they run the god dam forum!! Sniggering at comments that some people have concerning the SW plan, genuine people who only ask for a little help..but by god if your not part of a SW group you are ridiculed for having the cheek to post and ask questions, the certain crowd who put their opinions soo strongly and in a demeaning way..makes me angry!! It's their way or no way..if you don't agree with the comments they make then your a trouble maker!! No wonder many join then leave this forum with the forms of " forum bullying " going on.

I can see both sides of this argument.

For "newbies" to the forum, they are obviously going to be unsure of things at first; where to post, how to use the search facility, etc. Same goes for "newbies" to Slimming World - nobody can possibly know everything, and I'm sure we were all unsure of Syn values, Healthy Extra choices, etc. at one point.

As for the regular members, I can see their side too though. It can become frustrating seeing the same posts day in, day out.

I think a lot of what some people say is generally taken the wrong way, and until you get to know members' personalities you can't always be quite sure of how to take some people. I don't think anyone on here is ever intentionally nasty, or "sniggers" at others. You have to remember though, everybody literally 'reads' things differently - what somebody has written could look entirely different to how, in fact, it might be spoken.

Generally this forum is great, and I have never come across anyone I would class as 'nasty', and certainly no cyber bullying. I just think it can be difficult sometimes to interpret written comments.

Here here! I'm fed up of reading nasty posts. It's really putting me off this whole forum. Some people really need to wind there necks in. Lets see how much stick I get for agreeing with the original poster!!

just c;arify the types of posts you are referring to could you give an example or 2 as it may be that people who you refer to as being nasty and bullying dont realise they are doing so, for example if i have upset anyone its certainly not intentional and its something i would prefer was pointed out for me.

rachelbigbum said:
Here here! I'm fed up of reading nasty posts. It's really putting me off this whole forum. Some people really need to wind there necks in. Lets see how much stick I get for agreeing with the original poster!!

I can't Imagine anyone would have a go at you for saying you are fed up with nasty posts! I guess it's just a case of what people consider to be nasty that causes the discussion & disagreement x

I'm not giving you 'stick' for agreeing with the OP, so please don't think that I am, but I am obviously missing these threads. I genuinely haven't seen anyone making 'nasty' posts. Like Starlight says, some threads are bound to become heated, that is the nature of forums. Not everyone is going to agree with everything that is said - and good job too, as it'd be a pretty boring world!!

Anyway, if you do know of any threads where there are 'nasty' or 'bullying' comments made, maybe you could point them out to Starlight or one of the mods in a PM, so that they could check them out.

Ok i am now aware of where this has come from and i have to say i fully agree with the op some of the comments being made in a "certain" place on this forum where they clearly dont realise everyone else can see them has shown some people for what they are.

Shame really as i thought we were all here for the same reasons.

I may make some controversial posts sometimes but i do them out in the open and they all have a constructive twist to them, these posts are nothing more than hurtful and nasty!

I am also now aware of where this comment has come from, and I still disagree with the OP (sorry!)

I still believe that it is a lot to do with perception, and how certain threads may read. Sense of humour is something which is hard to perceive too.

All I am going to say, is that if we have a problem with a certain member/poster, it would be best to keep off their threads. Everyone is entitled to their own say, and an online forum is really not worth getting upset over.

I have to say this isnt in response from a certain thread..its been this way since i joined the forum..i tend not to go far from the Food Diaries..and when i do have a look around you do see people pointing others in the right direction when certain questions have been asked..thats Great. Then on the other hand you get the few who feel the questions getting asked are ridiculious..maybe for them as they have obviously mastered SW but think of when you started out on here..its confusing to find what you are looking for. The point i made of people doing SW from home..the comments ive read are dam right rude, this isnt a forum for the club members..its for anyone looking for advice, if anyone doesnt agree with people getting this advice for FREE then tough if paying members want to give their advice/Moral Support to others then good for you..as long as they arnt breaking the Copyright Rules by printing lists etc.

Its hard enough trying to change your life around by doing positive things like losing weight/Gaining confidence, without having *****y comments to often genuine questions :confused:

Yes I too agree with this, some people are very rude and patronising in expressing their opinions. I can think of a couple of threads that have got a little heated all because people do not agree with the topic of conversation, it always tends to be the same people as well. Very sad cos we all pretty much have the same goal!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok i am now aware of where this has come from and i have to say i fully agree with the op some of the comments being made in a "certain" place on this forum where they clearly dont realise everyone else can see them has shown some people for what they are.

Shame really as i thought we were all here for the same reasons.

I may make some controversial posts sometimes but i do them out in the open and they all have a constructive twist to them, these posts are nothing more than hurtful and nasty!

I've been thinking about how to reply to this.... not just Paul's comments, but to the thread in general.

Firstly - we know that anyone can read threads in diaries, unless the diary is in the silver section, in which case not many people would be able to read it. The people who ask all the sorts of questions we have been discussing (somewhat tongue in cheek) don't tend to be around long enough to get to 500 posts.

Secondly, the posts you are referring to on this thread are as a result of being around a long time on here, being very helpful to newbies, and oldies, but when you get the same replies for trying to direct people to the right thread, or when you see the same post being asked over and over, you do get a bit tired.

How can you help someone who says they are not losing but then insists on having a WI day off plan because they can't manage to stay on SW without it? You tell people straight and then get a load of abuse for it.

Yes, we are all here to help, we are all here for the same reason, but a lot of people don't want to hear what is being said and that is when the back biting begins.

Hurtful and nasty posts are directed at specific people, the posts you are referring to (where we don't think you can see....) are amongst friends, so they are neither hurtful nor nasty as they are not directed as individual people.

I have followed SW for a long time, I know the plan inside out and back to front, I think I have a bit of a right to be self righteous about SW to be honest.

Now, I have gone against what I said because I am meant to be keeping out of the main forum but I just had to reply to this.

jaylou said:
I've been thinking about how to reply to this.... not just Paul's comments, but to the thread in general.

Firstly - we know that anyone can read threads in diaries, unless the diary is in the silver section, in which case not many people would be able to read it. The people who ask all the sorts of questions we have been discussing (somewhat tongue in cheek) don't tend to be around long enough to get to 500 posts.

Secondly, the posts you are referring to on this thread are as a result of being around a long time on here, being very helpful to newbies, and oldies, but when you get the same replies for trying to direct people to the right thread, or when you see the same post being asked over and over, you do get a bit tired.

How can you help someone who says they are not losing but then insists on having a WI day off plan because they can't manage to stay on SW without it? You tell people straight and then get a load of abuse for it.

Yes, we are all here to help, we are all here for the same reason, but a lot of people don't want to hear what is being said and that is when the back biting begins.

Hurtful and nasty posts are directed at specific people, the posts you are referring to (where we don't think you can see....) are amongst friends, so they are neither hurtful nor nasty as they are not directed as individual people.

I have followed SW for a long time, I know the plan inside out and back to front, I think I have a bit of a right to be self righteous about SW to be honest.

Now, I have gone against what I said because I am meant to be keeping out of the main forum but I just had to reply to this.

I think I'm missing something here then as I thought it was just in reference to general threads!

I think I'm missing something here then as I thought it was just in reference to general threads!

I think the OP's original thread was about general threads, but people often go looking for whats prompted it, and then assume they understand why its happened. Whether those people are right or not remains to be seen.

Princess Stevie - I would love to be as level headed and full of wisdom as you. Your advice is very sensible.

ally7997 said:

Yeah it's fine to create a thread to have a go at people though.

What a lovely evening! Hope everyone in the uk is experiencing this sunshine :) happy Wednesday x

Shirleen said:
Yeah it's fine to create a thread to have a go at people though.

As I stated all welcome to our own opinions & voicing them be it in a thread..but also these opinions are open to discussion if its constructive critisism or down right nasty sniping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back