When did people notice your weight loss?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by shrinkingannie, 8 August 2008 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I was just wondering when did people notice you had lost weight - I have lost 21 lbs and no one has noticed:sigh: I keep thinking someone will say something but nope - not yet anyway. I am losing baby weight and am still much heavier than I was pre pregnancy - maybe that is why - maybe people wont comment until Im nearly back to my old size ???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    My hairdresser noticed two days ago, she was the first person! I was really taken aback and didn't know what to say!

I think it must be different with post-pregnancy loss, I notice it on my sister who had a baby in May, but I don't say anything because I know she's a bit sensitive about it.

4. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I have lost 40lbs and the only people that have commented are the ones that know Im on a diet.

5. madameruthybaby

madameruthybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My boyfriend commented that I had lost weight after I had lost 10lbs but I work abroad and fly back to London at weekends so I think because we had been apart for a week, he really noticed the difference...

xx

6. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    I think that's what made my hairdresser notice, she hadn't seen me since before the diet, so she was seeing me 22lbs lighter than the last time I went.

Just bear in mind that people not commenting doesn't mean they haven't noticed.

Some people don't know exactly what to say, my mum pointed out to me that it's difficult to say someone looks really good, without implying they looked bad before they went on the diet. I also think (sad but true) some people feel a bit threatened by the idea of other people losing weight and (hopefully) becoming more attractive.

7. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

ive lost a stone and people have noticed but maybe they said something because i told them that i was on a diet.

8. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(27.08%)
    Just had someone else notice, I was really chuffed!

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    A lot of people I know didnt comment until Id lost about 7/8 stones lol Its only now that people comment ALL the time, so much so its almost embarassing but I dont for a moment believe theyve only just noticed.

A lot of people will be reluctant to mention it for a variety of reasons. Dont you worry the compliments will be coming in fast and furious soon :)

10. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    As others have said having lost nearly 2 stones already i'm sure they will have noticed, however maybe don't want to seem rude by bringing up your weight as some people are really sensitive about it.
    Although I don't really know anyone that would be offended by being told they look good having lost weight!
    Also as others have said when people lose weight it often makes others jealous as not only will you be looking better but its a clear sign that you are motivated and in control.
    You just keep doing what your doing and try not to worry too much about what others think,at the end of the day if you feel good (or better)about yourself then thats all that matters.:)

11. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hiya :) I've lost 2 stone and people only started commenting on it this week!

Personally I think that some people's silence was down to jealousy and some just don't know how to broach the subject.

Don't worry though, people will soon be noticing and telling you how fab you look :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.