when do you actually start to feel thinner?

littlelegs170411

I'm on my 5th week and have lose 10lbs.. I don't feel any thinner yet in fact I feel fatter than ever! When should I start to feel thinner?

It sneaks up on you! I had a shock today put on a pair of jeans and they bloomin fell down! Had to find my belt which then wouldn't go tight enough so had to punch more holes. Hadnt really felt where the weight had gone til then. Give it time you'll soon notice it.

Agree that it sneaks up-I've lost 5st 2lb but am still 3st 13lb away from a healthy weight,I put a summer dress on yesterday that I'd tried in vain to sell last year cos I hated it and I look thin in it,kept putting it on at every opportunity and made me smile every time :D

Do your measurement's as well....alot of peeps have found that every stone lost is a dress size down :)

I found this last time I dieted.
I lost a stone and 3lb but didn't drop a dress size :cry:
Looking at pictures though you can see the difference.
Im hoping to loose slightly more this time so hop will drop into the size 12s!

littlelegs170411 said:
I'm on my 5th week and have lose 10lbs.. I don't feel any thinner yet in fact I feel fatter than ever! When should I start to feel thinner?

You will notice it soon, like people say try an item of clothing that u struggled to get into before, that always makes me feel better x

I was thinking the same thing, i've lost 9lb but feel much fatter. I think it's because I'm looking at myself more in the mirror now before I used to avoid them so I never really saw how fat I had got.

it will just sneak up on you all of a sudden, i remember one day my jeans fitting me snuggly and the next day they were loose.. a 24 hour difference, almost like your body just shrinks overnight, a very strange feeling.

I am wondering the same thing... Occasionally I start thinking tht my trousers are starting to fall down, and getting excited... Then I catch myself on and realise they're probably always like that. A few people have said 'you've lost weight' but only people who know I am trying to lose weight! For me I think the big moment will be when someone notices who has no idea I am trying, the I will know it is all making a real difference.

I really hope it does sneak up on you soon! But i will say everyone is different I have lost 3 stone 9lbs, have only just dropped a dress size and still can't really see it in myself unless i look at pictures side by side, so give it time eventually you will see the differences!

We are told in group that 10lbs is about a dress size. For some people it wasnt true, for me yes it was. Thats a good weight loss so far and if you keep some "big clothes" and keep trying them on you will soon see how far you have come. Also pick up two 5 lbs bags of spuds - heavy arent they? The loss will soon show. Youre doing very well

Oddly enough. it wasnt til I had lost about 3 stone that other people started to notice but I suppose I noticed it first when I wore and old cardigan and it kept slipping off my shoulders. I had always measured weight loss clothes wise on trousers and skirts and hadnt thought that you do actually lose weight from arms and shoulders too!

I also wore a top the other night that I used to have trouble breathing in and it was positively smock like - yay x

I have 3 stone to lose and have actually stayed the same for a while now but i am shakin it up so hopefully will start to see the difference again soon, but i agree it does sneek up on you x

It took me a long time to feel thinner. I think it's because when I was at my heaviest, I had no idea how big I'd got, so in my mind I was about the size I am now (almost 4 stone lighter!).

I'm just back from a meeting where I met loads of people I hadn't seen for a year... Quite a few joked about how I hadn't gotten any thinner! I just laughed, but thought, at least I do FEEL a little better! And hopefully if I see them again next year they will actually be able to see some difference!

I have only just started to feel like I have lost weight and only today put a skirt on that I had not been able to wear before as it was too small, and to my delight it was a bit loose!! :)

Denise272 said:
I have only just started to feel like I have lost weight and only today put a skirt on that I had not been able to wear before as it was too small, and to my delight it was a bit loose!! :)

Must be a great feeling, and one of the things that keeps me going (though with trousers rather than a skirt! :)

I only started feeling slimmer in the last few weeks. When I looked down and my boobs were sticking out further than my stomach. Before that I just felt as fat as before.

I've only lost 5lbs and already my trousers and jeans are getting loose. The pair I am wearing at the moment were really tight and if I wore then out I'd have to get them off as soon as I got in the house because they'd be digging in around the waistband. I've worn them all day today and am sitting here quite comfortably. I've obviously lost all 5lbs off my belly lol!

Back