When do you start your weekly syn count ?

Latte

Silver Member
I weigh in on a Tuesday and I although I have been doing SW since last July I have got in a muddle.

I like to make sure I have around 70 to 100 weekly syns but I count them daily as for me going without then having a weekly binge doesn't work plus I barely drink.

Sometimes I go over and sometimes I go under so I like to do a weekly round up and also see if I can have something extra at the weekend.

So is day one Tuesday the day I get weighed and my week is
Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun and Mon

Or is Wednesday day one ie
Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues

What do you do ?

It can be whatever you want really. You could even start on a Sunday so that come Saturday you know exactly how many syns you have left to play with.

I do my syns daily so it's not a problem for me :)

I start afresh on weigh in day. This is a Friday. May change as suggested as I find I eat more syns this way. Am much better during week and think I did much better when my weigh in was a Tuesday. Prob doesn't matter but means am not blowing my syns then having full week to be careful. I would say yours is...Tuesday Wed etc

I am naughty - I weigh on a Tuesday and conveniently 'forget' alot of my syns on that day - just as well today as after the meal I have just been out for I would have run out of fingers, toes etc. I start mine on a Wednesday x

I count 105 down from straight after class. This way I have enough for a post weigh in treat if I want one, but also it stops me from using up the rest of them just for the sake of it (if I have many extra) as it's weigh in day or the day before so I don't want to 'pig out' as such. Works for me, got to target last night :) x

lanugowife said:
I count 105 down from straight after class. This way I have enough for a post weigh in treat if I want one, but also it stops me from using up the rest of them just for the sake of it (if I have many extra) as it's weigh in day or the day before so I don't want to 'pig out' as such. Works for me, got to target last night :) x

Well done! X

Well done - you have inspired me to do the same but it will have to be as from NEXT week now lol x

Well done!!

This is what I do as well, I count from weigh in day. :) And I also some days may have 20 syns and others 5, I just take it off my total!

Mine start from weigh in day too. I weigh in on a Saturday. It's convenient as sometimes I have unplanned nights out, so atleast I have all my syns then to play with.

i like to save some of my syns for after weighin so i can have something i have been promising myself all week so i start afresh the day after weighin

My C has a big sign up by the scales saying "your 105 syns start NOW!!!!!". A little reminder to us that weigh in day is not black hole day!!!

Have to say I count daily otherwise I may have a bit of a binge and then leave myself nothing for the week ahead x

Mondays for me but I try and have syn free weeks sometimes so i can enjoy the weekend, I have cut out alcohol nearly altogether just the occasional glass or pint, but hey it works

I get weighed in on a Thursday evening (after having dinner, otherwise it's too late to eat when I get home)...so it works well for me to start afresh on a Friday morning! I tend to try and stick to the between 10-15 syns a day rule as best I can...though naturally some weeks I may have more like 20 syns at the weekend and then some days its more like 5 during the weekdays...I've never gone over the 105 in a week...never really felt the need to to be honest...!

Thanks it sounds like we all have our own ways.

I think I will make Wednesday my day one as I don't tend to go over board after weigh in and would order to know what I can use for the weekend in case we eat out.

I get weighed on a Monday - it's great coz I don't go overboard at the weekend knowing,I'm getting weighed at the start of the week. I start my syns countdown on tuesday mornings. Hubby comes too and we like to have a takeaway (within syn allowance) after weigh -in.

i also weigh in on a tusday. i tend not to carry my syns over to the next day - i have the attitude of use them or lose them each day - just like healthy extras

taskey said:
i also weigh in on a tusday. i tend not to carry my syns over to the next day - i have the attitude of use them or lose them each day - just like healthy extras

I only carry over for one day then they're lost! So if I have 5 syns today u carry over 10 but if tomorrow I have 5 i only carry over 10. If I go over today I just cut back a bit tomorrow, I dont carry the over indulgence over either!
It works for me, I'd get lost with weekly syns!

I use mine daily or lose them! Only in the exception of something planned! I have friends coming up to stay this weekend so I have no syns this week and go out and hv. Good time Saturday! It's only drinking so prob still not over!

If what you do is working then you will soon find out :)

Back