When does it get easier???

Rocky Road

I'm only on day 2 and I feel like eating this keyboard. I am desperate to succeed and really motivated but crikey I am flipping hungry :wave_cry:. Can anyone tell me realistically when it gets better. I know the advice says 3 days but is it really or is it more like 4 or 5 or does it never get better? :eek:.

Hi Rocky, I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it, once ketosis kicks in the hunger pangs subside. Most people seem to say Day 4 is when this happens but it's could be dependant on the individual. Stay focussed on how much you really want to lose the weight and keep your goal in mind. Stay positive xx

Thanks Kirsty. I don't feel as bad tonight as I did this afternoon. I don't think I can be in ketosis yet but I am no longer looking at my dog with a knife and fork in my hand ;).

It really does get better after about 3-5 days :) until then it is pretty touch and you just have to try your best to get through it/\.

Stay strong - it really, really does get better but the amount of days this takes varies from person to person. Keep focused on the reasons why you decided to do this and do not let your hunger and cravings beat you. You need to beat THEM. Keep telling yourself that! xx

It really does get better after about 3-5 days :) until then it is pretty touch and you just have to try your best to get through it/\.

Stay strong - it really, really does get better but the amount of days this takes varies from person to person. Keep focused on the reasons why you decided to do this and do not let your hunger and cravings beat you. You need to beat THEM. Keep telling yourself that! xx

Thanks eiregirl and skinnylove. Oh I hope so. After it being easier earlier it has got harder again. Aah. On a positive note I am feeling pretty happy though. Think a kind of crazy euphoria is kicking in lol. Yes I firmly have in mind what I want to achieve and I will do my best to focus and keep going :cry::)

Good luck Rocky Road, stick with it you will feel better soon huni :)

Daisy1966 said:
Good luck Rocky Road, stick with it you will feel better soon huni :)

Thanks Daisy. I appreciate the support. Fingers crossed. I feel I should go to bed and put the day behind me but I'm wide awake which is unusual.

hi rocky road im in the same boat as u im on my second day and felt the exact same only thing is i give in and had a small jacket potato at tea time :-( i feel like crap now and wish i had not given in but i was gettin so snappy and felt sick as a dog im gunna really try my hardest to do it tomorrow and just dnt giv in i have no will power but u on the other hand have so gud on ya well done xx

Aw Carla I know it is so hard. Don't berate yourself though as its such a basic human need to eat and it's so hard to stick to such a restrictive diet. I may switch to slim and save soon which is basically the same but more variety and an extra meal a day woohoo. I would just put today down to a blip and get back on track tomorrow and you'll be in the happy land of ketosis before you know it :). That is what I tell myself anyway lol.

Oh I meant to say Carla, like you, I also feel sick a lot of the time and I'm not sure if that will be temporary. I also have the runs, sorry for that information lol. I'm going to talk to pharmacist about these symptoms if they don't settle as I don't want to feel sick indefinitely.

Thanks hun im the same iv had the runs aswell tbh my pharmasist didnt really talk me through it tht well and i dnt understand any thing really about the diet do u know if i was to have just 1 small meal at tea time the diet eud still work or is it pointless doin the diet if i do tht i just dnt have n e will power wot so eva i have 2 young children and so i have snacking food in but tht doesnt bother me its tea time wen they are eating i have to sit at the table with them so they dnt mess around and they eat there t and its just killin me lol xx

That would kill me too. I nearly throttled my hubby last night for eating toast in front of me lol. I was told only to have 3 shakes flapjack or soup (all made by lipotrim) per day. Apparently the flapjacks and soup aren't nice so I opted for the shakes. I was told I cannot eat another thing which is seriously tough going. With slim and save u can have a meal at night and I wonder if that might be better for u and maybe for me too. The thought of just shakes for months is soul destroying. If I just had a stone or 2 to lose I think I'd be ok but I've got 7/8 st to lose. As far as other food the problem is you won't be in ketosis which is the fat burning time when hunger stops. If anything you would be better eating a bit if meat than potato as you have more chance of being in and staying in ketosis down the line. I hope I've given you the right information. That is certainly how the pharmacy put it to me, absolutely nothing other than the 3 lipotrim products per day that they give you. Sorry it isn't better news. Oh wait there is a maintenance programme with lipotrim which I understand can be used for weight loss and which allows for food. Maybe that would be the way to go. I don't know too much about it but it might be worth a look. The products can be bought direct from lipotrim as well. Let me know what you decide lovey and how you get on. I'm right there suffering with you :). It helps me to know others are in the same boat.

Also there is a good video on the lipotrim website which your pharmacist should have given you.

I know the first days are really tough. I promise you if you stick 100% to TFR it will get soooo much easier! I found the first week really hard. Keep ever sooo busy, go to bed early, get into another room whilst others are eating, keep a water bottle in your hand all the time and keep sipping at it!!!
The point of TFR is the COMPLETE break from food. This helps break bad food habits etc. it is so worth sticking with it. It gets so easy that food rarely crosses your mind. It's only when you start eating again that the hard work begins. Then you have to be conscious of what you put into your body.
My advice is to stick with TFR for a couple if weeks. If at that stage you really can't hack it then switch to another diet that may suit you better.

Thanks Irish Molly. I will have a wee bit of a problem on the 8th of June as I have a wedding. The pharmacist was really good and told me to start refeeding 3 days before and then on the day stick with spirits (no wine :cry:) and keep food to a minimum. When I get weighed in she is going to talk me through what to do. I wasn't sure whether to wait until after the wedding but thought no just get on with it and plan for the wedding because this is a long term thing so I will have to find ways round it. The main worry is that I will then have the hunger again the day after :sigh:. But I will just need to deal with it. Even through my hunger I feel motivated and supportive comments from people like yourself really do make all the difference :).

thanks elizabeth really appriciate ur advise think im just gunna really try and stick at tfr and hopefully i will b able to do it and get at least into the ketosis stage i got my mum pushing me to do it like u i got around the same amount off weight to lose if not more so ill b watching out for ur progress aswell so gud luck chick xxx

Oh oh now I really must perform well lol. You can do it I'm sure you can. When I struggle I often think what would I tell someone else at a time like this and then I give myself the same advice. It is only now that I am taking my own advice though lol. Well we can be in it together then and I'll watch how you get on too. I do have one main problem today though moving on from yesterday... with 'moving' being the operative word. I keep running to the loo and I don't know if that is normal. Think I might start a new thread about it to see if others have the same problem. Gross I know!

Hi Rocky Road! I am new to LT today and the motivation I have is unreal! Just try and take your mind off things, I am stuck at a computer all day but my motivation is stunning clothes, being fitter and not being told constantly of how much weight I have put on over the years!! Lets do it and feel great. I have read water is a must so try and drink lots- I am :)

Thanks T&C. Yes I will do that. I had put on another thread that I am really suffering today with a bad stomach. It started last night and I now can't move too far from the loo! In one sense it is good because it has completely knocked the hunger as it is 2pm and I have not had my 2nd shake of the day which is late as the past 2 days I had it at 1pm. I shall keep the focus for sure but I think I shall maybe try slim & save if I am going to get a bad tummy. I think slim and save is the same type of thing but there is a bit more of variety with the products. If I thought this bad tummy would only last a few days then disappear I wouldn't mind but it aint much fun at the moment :sigh:.

Back