When does it hit?

bex!

Back on the diet train...
Hey guys quick question!

I'm on week 6 and so far I've lost 2st 1lb which is fab :D and I've been completely 100%, not a morsel of food had passed my lips :)

Last time I did this diet, nearly 2 years ago, I ate chicken and prawns from week 2. Didn't effect my losses greatly but obviously it's not how the diet works and then on week 6 I went for a birthday meal and after that I really struggled with thinking about food all the time and picking at protein etc. I managed to stay on till week 13 and lost nearly 4 stone but then it went pear shaped. I stopped, didn't refeed and put it all back on and more and now I'm back to square one. :(

So my question is when does it hit that this is it and that losing the weight is more important than eating/planning to eat food? I'm feeling great and on the whole not bothered but some evenings can be tough especially when I smell the family's dinner.

As I'm on this 100% for the 1st time and I plan to be on it till summer or when I lose 8stone, I'm on this for the long haul and don't want to lose focus like last time. So any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't really have a solution Bex bit for me it has clicked this time as I have struggled every minute of every day where as when I did it before it was so easy that when I put weight up I just thought oh we'll I'll lose it on lt in a couple of weeks now I will not forget this feeling so hopefully this will keep me on the straight and narrow and maintaining anyway that's what I feel !

Hiya bex... For me i think it never really hits, i just get better at controlling myself.. As this is my 2nd stint, i feel quite determined cos i really don't want to keep coming back on it, but have taken precautions like getting rid of all the junk food in the house cos i know i am too lazy to go up the shop and buy something snacky!! lol ... At the moment i feel i have to do it cos i am living in leggings but have loads of clothes in my wardrobe that are too small for me. I purposely threw my bigger clothes away, so unless i want to carry on feeling like a wobbly jelly, i need to stick to it... It often helps to set mini goals, and to reward yourself with non food treats like make up, new book-whatever floats your boat really... The best advice i can give you really to not lose focus is to log on here.. Someone will always be around to help you through, and they will know exactly what you're going through... Good luck x

For me this is a last ditch attempt at losing weight. It is my first time on this diet and I am determined it is going to be my last. I find it very difficult and have been one hundred percent for the past five weeks but I intend to do twelve but I hope that this experience will stay with me and stop me going back to my old habits because I can honestly say having to do this again fills me with dread.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

i agree with slimmer su. it never hits. you just gain control of yourself and your eating habits. if u have a slip up, i gaurentee you'll choose an healthier option of food rather than something naughty, then feel guilt anyway, then i think thats what makes u realise.

just think, this diet is so drastic, u wont ever want to do it again.

YOU CAN DO THIS HUN. this forum keep each other going, log on here often as u can. it really helps.

good luck and keep on posting: even to waffle or to moan, its what its here for. to get thru the hard times xxxxxxxxx

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping into a LT thread.... I just wanted to say how what SlimmerSu resonates with me.

I'm on my second round of vlcd having messed up big time from the first time, not refeeding properly and piling back on what I lost, plus 2 stone more. I too live in leggings, black, blue and brown - with a variety of loose tunic tops, but have a wardrobe of lovely clothes that I bought when I was a size 12 (all going to waste).

So - last weekend I 'charity bagged' up my size 18s (as I'm now in 16s) and I will do the same with the 16s and (hopefully) 14s as I work my way down.

As to staying on track - I struggled to restart (took me a couple of goes), but now I'm really focussed. For me its about wanting to do something about the awful self-loathing, can't look at myself in the mirror feeling I've had for years. Last summer (being at my heaviest ever) was the last straw and not helped because it was the year I had a number of reunions with family members. They could only just about hide their shock at my size, because the last time they saw me I was at least 6 stone lighter :cry: it was humiliating.

Well done for sticking to it 100% Bex and you sound as if you've really got your head into gear on this one.

Good luck all with the rest of your weightloss :)

Hi all, im just jumping in here too as Susekas post really hit a nerve for me. I too am the heaviest I have ever been, I live in baggy horrible clothes while my wardrobe is filled with amazing fashion all a size 10 and 12, I only ever buy clothes when I am lighter - its rubbsh shoping for a size 18 or plus isnt it?. When I see people I havent seen for a while I hide, how insane is that! I am looking forward to holding my head high and not feeling ashamed of how I look.
I have a family reunion in April and that is what is spurring me on as at the moment I am 4 stone heavier then when they last saw me years ago - not expecting to lose it all by now but if I could get 1 stone away id be happy. Good luck all

Back