When hunger strikes at night?

Sheanin

This probably isnt the right place for this but im on my phone. Apologies if it needs to be moved!

I already know the answer to this question but guess I feel I need to hear other opinions.

So its 11pm at night and I was actually, properly HUNGRY, which never happens to me at this time. It may be due to the fact I packed in some brisk walking today and I dont normally exercise - Im only on day 3 of the plan.

Anyway, Ive had a brilliant day foodwise I think...all my superfrees in check, sensible choices and portions, used a total of 8 syns - 2 for LowLow marg, 5 for cheese on my baked potato and 1 for a small amount of pancetta in my tea. But cos I felt properly hungry and had syns left over, I decided to let myself have a bowl of Special K Creamy Berry...is this ok? Ive yet to even check the syn value, Im normally very tight on syns and trying to train myself out of it (normally use about 3ish a day if that going by last time I was on plan). I know it IS ok lol, like I said maybe I just need someone to validate that its fine to treat myself to a bowl of nice cereal!

Iseem to be hungry betwen12.30amand 4am often ! why I DONOT KNOW I HAVE MY MAIN MEAL IN THE EVENING AROUND 6PM THAT IS FOLLOWED BY SOME SORT OF DESERT AND THEN A HIFIBRE BAR AND OPTIONS AT BED TIME
EATING A BIGGER MEAL ISN'T AN OPTION AS I FILL UP QUICKLY SO I TEND TO SNACK ON FRUIT AND YOG ANY SUGGESTIONS! BUT I THINK ITS BORDEM! I WAKE UP IN PAIN DUE TO BACK INJURY AND A BAD KNEE I TAKE A PAINKILLER AND CAN'T GET BACK TO SLEEP SO I RESOLVE TO RADING THE FRIDGE!! ANY SUUGESTION ANYONE.
THANKS

Don't you sleep during those hours? I'd say it's only natural to be hungry then as it is the middle of the night, but most don't realise as they are asleep.

You seem to be in a very similar weight predicament as I was when I started 16 weeks ago And it taken me 3 months to find this forum!!! I'm 5'4.5" and was 11st and had a goal of about 9st I was very strickt the first week and was very disapointed with a maintained and was told that I had not eaten ENOUGH!!!! since that week I lost most weeks and never gained!! although no exercise involved due to back and knee injury! and have since got down to 8st 11lbs so I'm very happy and just want to maintain .I think I was not eating enough before and consequently snacking too much on the wrong things .
But this night eating has become a habbit as a result of my pain; eating seems to take my mind off it ! so I have now resolved to taking healthy snacks to the bedroom ready for the midnight crave! I'm not mad honest!
Hope is going well from your Welsh celt

Back