When is enough enough?

LinLin

How did you decide to stay with your weight in maintenance mode, rather than setting another, lower goal?
I am quickly coming up in my goal, to get to a healthy BMI. Three months ago I would have been over the moon and completely satisfied to have a healthy BMI, but now that it is close, it is tempting to keep lowering the goal.
That feels like a slippery slope, leading to ever-lower goals and perpetual dissatisfaction with one's accomplishments. How did you decide that enough is enough, and that you are satisfied with who you are?

Hows about selecting the middle point of your bmi range

hmmm its a hard one isnt it? think im about where you are. 8lbs to my original goal. And i'm a size 14- my goal size is 12-14... so i will probably be where i wana be after 8 more lbs. but... i have a feeling i still wont be fully happy. i look so much better in clothes, but without clothes on im still pretty flabby... i'm gonna see where i am once i have worked up the cambridge steps, and maybe i will go down too 11st... not sure if i would go lower, i think i would look too skinny x

Hmm, similar thoughts here, but no answers.

People who had a stable weight they were comfortable with at a younger age have that to look back to. People like me (always overweight/obese, never stable) don't, and tbh it's anybody's guess what weight will look and feel right on my frame. One of the things I insist on is that I'm not " on a diet" - I have changed my eating habits permanently, so in a sense there shouldn't be a conscious transition to maintenance. My weight loss will slow down (already is, actually) more and more, until one day I look back and realise that my weight is stable. And if I'm happy with how I look and feel then - that's it. However, if I still think I could do with shifting some weight - and particularly if my body fat percentage is too high - I will have to mix something up in my eating habits..... or decide to live with it.

There is another possibility.... before my weight stabilises, I look at myself in the mirror and decide I am too thin! If that were to happen, I would have to consciously eat more. Doesn't seem likely, given my history.

I decided long ago I didn't want to spend my whole life on a diet, fighting with food. I feel so fortunate to have found slimpods, which make it possible for me to eat normally. I'm excited to see where I end up!

Barbara

Back