When it stops?

missRV

What to do?
I had weigh in on Tuesday and maintained, I had to hold back tears in class because I'd been angelic especially listening to those other members... you know the sort; "I've only lost 3lbs because I had a pizza all to myself on Saturday."

Do I have to change things? Do I try a different diet? Do I give up or do I just get over it and pray that I lose next week? I'm terrified of going to group on Tuesday now because I'm scared that the diet stopped... is that even possible?

I'm confused. Are you even sure you want to lose weight? You'd be more disappointed if you gain so why be upset by maintaining the weight? You should be happy. If one thing like this is going to make you doubt yourself, then I don't think your head is in the game for this.

Not losing weight after being on the diet and following everything to the letter plus 2 1/2 hours of high intensity exercise does make me doubt things for sure... I'm pretty certain that most people would be upset with a maintain after the week I'd had last week. Of course I want to lose weight not stay the same,if I'd have put on last week yes it would have been worse but not losing was pretty unfair too. Before starting this new diet, I had 4 months of losing nothing in spite of diet and exercise so I'm going from experience, not just throwing a tantrum because I had one mystery good week turned bad.

I'm hoping for a decent loss this week though, if that doesn't happen then I'll need to do something different. I don't see why I should be 'happy' with a maintain :sigh:

Last edited:
Hi miss rv

My main advice would be to set yourself a time period, say a fortnight, and stick with your current plan. If then you still aren't having the results you would like, change plan, but have a new plan straight away because a break in between can be damaging!

I know how you feel, I have been there! Our bodies are whacky things. We put so much focus onto what the scales say, and we can help but get excited when we have been really good, expecting a good result. Hang in there!

Hi miss rv

My main advice would be to set yourself a time period, say a fortnight, and stick with your current plan. If then you still aren't having the results you would like, change plan, but have a new plan straight away because a break in between can be damaging!

I know how you feel, I have been there! Our bodies are whacky things. We put so much focus onto what the scales say, and we can help but get excited when we have been really good, expecting a good result. Hang in there!

Hey lottiebird
Plateaus are rubbish aren't they? Lol, excellent advice. I have 4 weeks left on my countdown so if there's no major result by then that may be the time period :)
It's so upsetting isn't it :( hopefully this week will show a result for both of us :)

Hi missRV, just you keep going as best you can - I totally agree with lottie - our bodies ARE whacky things - it can take a few weeks for losses to show up - I usually find its a 2-week lapse in what I have been eating/exercising until it shows up on the scales - positive or negative!! OF COURSE dieting is a struggle - or else there wouldn't be thousands of people on here seeking advice and support. you have done AMAZING to lose 55lbs so far! fantastic! unlike elm who seems to be at the start of her journey - lets see how her motivation is when she reaches her first plataeu!

You are NORMAL with your struggles - just try to keep going and come here often for support from the NICE people!

xxx

Hey :)
Things are much better now :) looks like it was down to fluid last week because I've lost 3 1/2 this week :) and there were other members in group tonight who were in the same position as I was last week, I was able to offer the support I needed last week. The support Pinkydoodles and lottie have offered me this week so thank you :)

Onwards and upwards, some members on here are so lovely x

yay! 3.5lbs that's amazing! and fantastic that you were in a position to offer the support you got back to others in their time of need. that is very mature and a great quality in a person. so well done you :) I lost 2lbs this week so I am chuffed as well :D

It just proves that you have to keep going and look at the journey overall as a whole - not just focus on each individual week

xxx

yay! 3.5lbs that's amazing! and fantastic that you were in a position to offer the support you got back to others in their time of need. that is very mature and a great quality in a person. so well done you :) I lost 2lbs this week so I am chuffed as well :D

It just proves that you have to keep going and look at the journey overall as a whole - not just focus on each individual week

xxx

hey thats brilliant well done to you too :)

Thanks you too :)
Scales are up again but I'm going to try not to worry because I know I've been good again :)

Back