When should i join..........

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by festivalfairy, 1 November 2010 Social URL.

1. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

I hear WW are bringing out a new point system, not joined a meeting yet but should I wait till this new system is out, ive done WW before so I know how to work out points and that xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. imso

imso Full Member

How soon do you want to start losing weight? ;)

Personally i can't wait until the new plan is out, so i'm joining wednesday :)

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Wonder how thatll work joining this week. I suppose theyll have to give you all the stuff for the current plan and explain how it works, for it all to change next week.

6. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    I have a friend who is coming along with me to my group tomorrow to rejoin. She has all the old bumpf so won't bother getting any more info until next week when we all get it.

x

7. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Why do they change the system, does anyone know?

8. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was planning on rejoining tomorrow and then heard about the new plan. i did consider waiting a week but that will probably mean i put on a few more lbs, so i am joing tomorrow.
    x

9. size102b

size102b Banned

Im alone at home but Im going to join a group which Im not keen on but want to understand the paln as much as possible.
    I have an award dinner to go to 12th so I will wait until the weds after which is 17th,Im hoping the new plan will kick start weekly losses as its up and down atm and im sticking at it.
    Maybe wait until new plan comes in so you can start as you mean to go on?xx

10. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    from what my leader said, because WW prides itself of being one of the best and most updated systems of weight-loss in the world, and the Points system, which has been around for 15 years now, can hardly be considered "updated". From what my leader said, the managing director and the head of nutrition had a board meeting and the CEO asked the nutritionist whether nowadays the points system would be the same if it had been worked out now rather than 15 years ago. She said obviously "no, it would be very different". So that's what triggered the change.

To get out of the nice little tale, nutrition has gone on in the last 15 years, and while the points system might have been "avant garde" 15 years ago, now it's definitely looking a bit old and grubby. Science has found out how hard out body works to absorb all nutritions, and not all calories are the same. Tha's why the propoints are worked out differently, taking into account the whole of the range. Every food has a certain amount of calories from the nutritions it's made of, so taking into account proteins, carbs, fat and fibre the propoints are taking into account calories as well, but they weight the calories in a way that hadn't been done before with the old formula.

Also, fruit and veg consumption is more and more "on front line" for health issues, so the WW nutrition experts have looked at the amount of fruit and veg a normal individual would eat and have incorporated them in the points allowance. This way, ALL fruit and most vegetables are free.

This new plan is sensational guys. Just wait and see... I still don't know whether it'll work for me, as today is day one for me on it (I'm a helper so I have to be trained before release), but it's much easier and straight forward than the previous plan. You will like it! :)

11. size102b

size102b Banned

thanx

Thanx its great to read about plan from someoone who has started it.
    What is it like,I read we have 49 points and eat like SW is that true? I would have a day
    Porridge ss milk
    banana apple
    pitta bread chicken salald
    crisps
    pasta
    turke
    veg
    green tea
    ss milk
    18-20 points will I be able to have this within plan?
    Thanx xx

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Guys remember we cant discuss too much of the ins and outs of the plan just now

13. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm sure you could.

That's my menu for tomorrow:

breakfast:
    1 medium banana
    30g Ready Break chocolate
    100 ml skimmed milk
    2 slices WW bread
    15g jam between the two
    1 activia yogurt 0.1%
    125 ml orange juice

lunch:
    sandwich made with 2 slices of ww bread, 30g philadelphia extra light and 2 slices of cooked ham
    300g cherry tomatoes
    20g nuts
    1 speciality tea (Sainsbiruy's) green tea
    1 pear
    1 apple

snack before dinner:
    300g cherry tomatoes
    1 bunch of grapes

dinner:
    1 medium smoked cod fillet
    300g broccoli, cawliflower, carrots
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 weight watchers milk chocolate stick

snack before bed:
    20g nuts
    white coffee (100ml skimmed milk)

YES, THAT is 29 points. With all this fruit it works out to be, compared with the old plan, to 21 points out of my 22 allowance for maintenance. Cool isn't it?;)

14. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    and with this, I won't talk about it until Sunday :)

15. size102b

size102b Banned

Starlight I think its natural everyone will want to know more human nature etc ,but we understand not too much can be said tbh its only 7 days away so I dont think ww will mind.
    kagome looks like alot of food be interesting to see how you do,Im totally confused so will be pleased when we can know all about it.
    Super well done on your loss when did you start ww,do you exercise? Thanx x

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Cherry believe me WW WILL mind, we had a lot of issues when discover was coming up. Companies like WW carefully monitor Minimins and they dont take kindly to things like new plans being leaked.

I fully understand people are curious but the ins and outs of the plan cant be discussed until the launch

17. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    yes, I agree with it. Cherry: that is the same amount of food I was having beforehand, as I'm in maintenance now so I have 22 points (and am still losing weight!). But I don't like much condiment in my food, so that helps because it saves points I would normally use for sauces and condiments and I can have the extra nuts or glass of milk. I could have had that same food on the old plan: it's 21 old points. But the balance of what I am eating has changed. Can't really go into more details than this :)

It's good though. Good to be forced back into good habits!

18. j70joj

j70joj Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    just wondered if anyone joined last night or this morning? If so, what are they doing in regards to the plan? I assume you will be doing 1 week of discover.

19. purple_rain

purple_rain Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I was going to go to a class last night but i couldn't go, but i will be going to one tomorrow. I'm hopeing that they will be doing the new plan, theres no phone number on the ww site so i cant ring the leader and ask. Anyone know when the new plan officially starts in class??

20. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The new plan is launched on Nov 7 so when ever your first class is after that date

21. purple_rain

purple_rain Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Thank you starlight

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.