When the numbers on the scale aren't going down...

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
....think about the inches that you're losing! One of the best motivators for me when I started on my weight loss journey over 2 years ago was seeing the inches I was losing as well as the pounds - at one point I had lost 31.5lbs and 31.5 inches from all over my body! 2011 was not a great year for me weight wise for many reasons but I'm going back to class tonight and have just taken all my measurements again! I would urge you, especially newbies, to do the same!

I know we all love to see the numbers on the scales going down each week but unfortunately, however hard we try, this doesn't always happen!Don't lose heart, take your measurements from one month to the next and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised xxx

A couple of years back I can remember a thread going on here where people listed things they'd noticed about themselves on the weeks the scales didn't change.

A couple of things were someone realised they could finally cross their legs. Another person could feel their collar bone (and admitted to sitting stroking it all the time!). For me it was finding I could cross the fingers on my right hand.

None of them related to the numbers on the scales, but were physical proof of the reduction of fat.

I can't remember who it is on here who says it (or if they are still here - must keep my eyes open) but ;onwards and downwards')
x

A couple of years back I can remember a thread going on here where people listed things they'd noticed about themselves on the weeks the scales didn't change.

A couple of things were someone realised they could finally cross their legs.

I found it really interesting that I could cross my legs too. I do it now just because I can. I'll keep looking out for other little things now. I wonder what will be next?

A couple of things were someone realised they could finally cross their legs. Another person could feel their collar bone (and admitted to sitting stroking it all the time!). For me it was finding I could cross the fingers on my right hand.

None of them related to the numbers on the scales, but were physical proof of the reduction of fat.

I can't remember who it is on here who says it (or if they are still here - must keep my eyes open) but ;onwards and downwards')
x

Me and Me! I started the thread about Non Scale Victories a couple of years ago and it's now a Sticky (thanks Mods!) - it's had over 3,000 posts now, which is amazing!

My motto for SW is onwards and downwards!! xxx

I was a collar-bone feeler! I think that might have been moi :D
I agree...I totally love a non-scale victory. Trying on clothes is brilliant - old ones that are too big and swamp you and ones that were too tight and are now less tight or fit. Such a good feeling.

:wavey: Hello Sue!

Back