When the scales say Err!

Dusty67

Just keep swimming!
Hello everyone! My name's Dusty and I started Lipotrim on Wednesday.

I've been dieting for the past 20 years and in that time I've managed to put on 12 stones. :cry: I did liptorim a few years ago, lost 3 stone in 10 weeks then sabotaged myself. I explain more as the diary goes on.

On Monday I weighed myself at home and the scales said 23st 11 3/4lb. what a shock! My previous heaviest had been 23st 3lb. I weighed myself again in Tuesday and this time the scales said
E r r
I was too heavy for the scales :cry:

That gave me the final kick up the backside I needed. Went off to the chemist. Came home and watched the DVD then back the next day to start the shakes.

Been finding great encouragement reading this forum, but didn't want to post straight away as I didn't want to be someone who post with great enthusiam on the first two days and then finds it too hard and never posts again. But I'm start of day 4 now, so proving to myself that I can do this. So here I am

Things can only get better!!

Welcome Dusty and well done on getting to day 4:clap:

Sometimes we need something to motivate us to take action and obviously the scales were yours.

The main thing is that you are here now and doing well and fingers crossed this motivation will drive you to achieve your goal.

Three days to weigh in and I am sure the scales will be good to you then but you will probably get another shock when you see how well you have done.

As the first weeks loss is usually a big one!

Thanks Mini.

I'm treating myself as a food addict and therefore needing to completly cut out the substance that got me into this mess! So, when I fell a hunger pang or a craving, I think of them as withdrawal symptoms and I know they'll diminish! I'm feeling fanatstic this morning after a very headachy day yesterday. Must be that ketosis kicking in:cross:

Awwww good luck Dusty,stick with it and the result you get at your first weigh in will make it all totally worth it x

Thanks Twinkle!Keep up your good work too.

Sitting here with my morning shake in p-js thinking about going to get dressed. (late start to day after spending most of night cleaning up after husband with food poisoning!) I've a very limited choice to wear at the minute as nothing fits. However, I've two wardrobes full of clothes to slim into!
I've not set any weight goals at the minute but I'm going to find some clothes that almost fit and hang them on the outside of my wardrobe as further motivation. Once I've found them i'll add a goal!

Thanks Mini.

I'm treating myself as a food addict and therefore needing to completly cut out the substance that got me into this mess! So, when I fell a hunger pang or a craving, I think of them as withdrawal symptoms and I know they'll diminish! I'm feeling fanatstic this morning after a very headachy day yesterday. Must be that ketosis kicking in:cross:

That is a very good way at looking at.

Good to hear you are feeling fantastic this morning and it deffinately sound like the ketosis fairy has visited you.

Did not get any headaches myself but felt exhausted for the last three days...and the last two mornings waking very early and full of beans and can't get back to sleep.

Day 5 for me:)

Keep going dusty, you sound really motivated to change yourself for the better. Im on day 5 myself, first time on this diet and Im determined not to fail this one! Fed up of being fat. Im going to buy a dress in a size 12 and hang it on the wardrobe for me to look at every day, thats my motivation lol.
Onwards and....Downwards (on the scales) for us all.
Have a great day xxx

Welcome Dusty and a really great attitude. It is like a food addiction! I am sure you will do fantastically well and it will be so exciting to get into those smaller clothes. I had 3 bags of smaller clothes in my wardrobe. I've now gone through them all and having to buy new clothes.
Keep up the great work!!1

Well, day 5 of 100% and still feeling like i can finally do this.

Been out for afternoon with my mum. We usually spend each sunday together since my dad died two years ago. Generally I'll pick her up and we go to a garden centre, a shopping centre or a run out in the country. Either way it usually involves a stop of for a coffee and cake. Then she comes back to my house for roast sunday lunch with all family.

When we lost my dad we also lost my uncle, grandad and sister in law within the space of two months and since then my mum's been a bit of an emotional wreck(as we all have really). Last time I did LT, I didn't tell her about it as I thought that she'd panic over me not eating and get all worried. So that meant each sunday was very difficult for me, I could aviod the cake but not the sunday lunch. So I used to plate myself one up, nibble at the protein and just push the veg around my plate in the hope that I"d stay in ketosis.

Anyway, this time I decided I was going to tell her. I got all geared up to tell her on Tuesday night but she range me up crying as my aunty (with whom my mum now spends most of her time since they both lost their husbands) has terminal cancer! This knocked us all for six, especially my mum as she and my aunt are each others support system. It was my mum that took her to the hospital and went in with her for the diagnosis. We thought it was a muscle problem so cancer came out of the blue!

Anyway, I went round to see my mum that evening and we had a good cry. Talked over a lot of things, including how much we still miss dad every day. I decided that I was still going to do LT and was going to tell her. In the past, a stress like this would have pushed me straight back into the bread bin. So I said "I've got something to tell you and i don't want you worrying" Obviously that panicked her (Stupid me) But when I told her what i was doing, she said "Thank God for that!" I was amazed. "Well," she said "lets face it, you're killing yourself at the minute and I can't stand to loose anyone else."

Cue much crying form me. Why had I thought my mum wouldn't support me? Why had i doubted that she wanted the best for me too?

So, today;s been great. We still went for a coffee but i had water.

She still coming round for Sunday dinner but this time I'll sit at
the table with my shake and not be tempted.

This time's going to be different. This time I will, with the support of my family and this forum, do it!!

That's the spirit hunny,I hope you're proud of yourself because you should be!
Any time you feel like falling off the wagon,get on here and rant.I've spent most of my time on here since I joined,just so I don't feel alone in this and it's been a godsend to me.
I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have had such a rough time over the last couple of years and if ever you need to chat then just say xxx

Hi Dusty, hope you don't mind me posting... I'm not doing lipotrim, I'm doing exante so very similar

I just wanted to say that I wish you all the luck in the world, you sound so positive and determined. I'm so sorry things have been so hard for you and your mum(who sounds lovely by the way!) It's sounds like you're totally in the right frame of mind for this, so I'm sure the weight will be melting away quickly. I'll look forward to seeing your great progress xxx

wow! How unbelievable strong you are. I really wish you all the very best with the diet - you really deserve some good fortune. It was my mum who told me about LT and everytime she sees me now all she talks about is how happy she is to me so much slimmer as she was so worried about me. This could be one thing to make your mum feel a little happier and help you too. All the very best and keep us posted.

That's the spirit hunny,I hope you're proud of yourself because you should be!
Any time you feel like falling off the wagon,get on here and rant.I've spent most of my time on here since I joined,just so I don't feel alone in this and it's been a godsend to me.
I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have had such a rough time over the last couple of years and if ever you need to chat then just say xxx

Thanks Twinkle. I've spent lots of time on here too! I see we started around the same time, so good to find someone at the same stage of the journey.

Proud of myself is the last thing that I feel. After all, who wouldn't be ashamed that they can't control their eating even when they are morbidly obese. I'm so ashamed that I let myself get into this state and I'm certainly only telling the people I trust the most that I'm doing LT. Everyone else always has such "good" advice to give..."Oh, all you have to do is eat less"...."all you have to do is exercise more......all you have to do is eat healthier". Well I've tried all of them and they don't work!

Or there are those who are keen to point out that VLCD are unnatural/dangerous, or that you put all the weight back on because you don't learn new habits. Well no sh*t Sherlock. Its because I didn't learn new habits was I was eating less, exercising more and eating healthily that Im in this mess. This ti,e I will learn to control myself by proving I don't have to eat to live a good, fun and interesting life!!

Phew..sorry for the rant...good to get that off my chest!

Hi Dusty, hope you don't mind me posting... I'm not doing lipotrim, I'm doing exante so very similar

Thanks for the support, you're welcome to post on my thread anytime! I read all the other VLCD forums too! Anyhting for inspiration:p

wow! How unbelievable strong you are. I really wish you all the very best with the diet - you really deserve some good fortune. It was my mum who told me about LT and everytime she sees me now all she talks about is how happy she is to me so much slimmer as she was so worried about me. This could be one thing to make your mum feel a little happier and help you too. All the very best and keep us posted.

Thankyou Hockeynut. Your weight loss is an inspiration to me. If I really thought about it I'd say I have 140lb to lose. But that seems unmanageable at the minute so I don't think about it. But seeing your great loss shows me it can be done.
Mum seems very pleased I'm taking my health in hand. Today she started to try and get me to take vitamin supplements, but when I explained LT had everyting you need in it, she let it go straight away (something she doesnt usally do:). So she must n't be worrying about it

Reading your posts brings me back to when I started this diet - it seemed like the end was so far away. Turns out it wasn't. I don't know what to say to you all that have started because I know it seems so daunting right now. Please hang in there. Losing weight and gaining back lost confidence is something you all deserve and you won't believe how good that feels. One bit of advice is mini-goals. I cannot tell you how good it is to make mini-goals. Literally: lose 5 lbs, lose 10 lbs, get into the 190s, 180s, etc. etc. It is such a gratifying thing to check things off the list. Best of luck ladies. Come back to this forum often. It is a lifeline. I used to check in 10 times a day easily!! Most of all, keep going. Keep going. It's only food. It does not rule you. Rule the food.

Thankyou Hockeynut. Your weight loss is an inspiration to me. If I really thought about it I'd say I have 140lb to lose. But that seems unmanageable at the minute so I don't think about it. But seeing your great loss shows me it can be done.
Mum seems very pleased I'm taking my health in hand. Today she started to try and get me to take vitamin supplements, but when I explained LT had everyting you need in it, she let it go straight away (something she doesnt usally do:). So she must n't be worrying about it

Mary is so right with what she says. I just set myself lots of mini targets - get into the next stone, lower BMI, Next size down clothes etc etc. Every week I'd set a different one. And reward yourself (non food of course!) when you achieve milestones. You'll soon have people making possitive comments and that will also lift you and the girls on here are fantastic with their support. Look forward to reading about your successes. x

Oh gosh you have been through it. Two years really isn't long either is it to have lost people so close to you :( Well done you for taking control now with your life and future health. What a lovely mum you have :) I have a good feeling for you, that you will achieve your goals :) I'm only a day ahead of you on my restart, and similar BMI's. Loads of luck xx

Oh gosh you have been through it. Two years really isn't long either is it to have lost people so close to you :( Well done you for taking control now with your life and future health. What a lovely mum you have :) I have a good feeling for you, that you will achieve your goals :) I'm only a day ahead of you on my restart, and similar BMI's. Loads of luck xx

Thanks very much.

My first weigh in day will be Tuesday too. I started Wednesday so will have no shakes left on Wednesday.As I work I've got to go the chemist on Tuesday evening to get weighed and buy more shakes. So there's another thing we have in common!

Go us for Tuesday!

My first name's Jane too. Though I'm a plain Jane without the y:p

Well done :D!!!

Good luck to you on your LT diet lets see the weight disapear :D

Back