When to commence at the gym when following healthy eating

Hi all

Your advice please! With regards to exercising at the gym, is this best been done when you commence your healthy eating program or towards the latter end? I am hoping o lose 5 stone(hope so much) Although I have the majority of wiil games, jillian michaels dvd, which I have previously used and reduced weight about 18 months ago. I have not been to the gym in a few years, confidence has been an issue, so been easier to exercise at home. The gym has offers at the mo, so part of me wants to bite the bullet and join but feeling of dread are surfacing.

To be honest I'm not sure which is the best for me? as hear conflicting information(not on here)

Thanks in advance

x

You can start whenever you like, if anything the earlier the better! For myself, i like to give a new diet a couple of weeks to settle into a pattern and to let my body get used to the new way of eating, and then jump in with the exercise. Take into account your diet when exercising, if you are severely restricting calories then you might want to go light on the exercise but otherwise just listen to your body and do what feels good.

It might be an idea to stay away from the gym for now if you are getting a feeling of dread - you need to love exercise and look forward to doing it and not have to worry about anything or you just won't do it. Maybe commit yourself to doing an exercise DVD 2 or 3 times a week, write down which days you will do it, put it in your diary, anything to try and ensure you actually do get going on it. Once you have been going a few weeks it'll become second nature, and as you get smaller your confidence will grow and you might feel better about joining the gym later on (maybe test how you can handle it by just going along to some exercise classes instead, go do zumba or something fun!).

No time like the present, get exercising. Longer you wait it's just wasted time! GL

Back