When to stop?!

TracyJ

Gold Member
Hi guys,

Ive been having deep discussions today particularly with my mum about my present weight and when to stop. I have lost almost 2 and a half stone now and weigh 12st 6 (without clothes). I am 5ft 9 so am lucky that ive always been able to carry my weight and people often think i weigh less than i am except me obviously!

Anyway today my mum was saying that she thinks i have lost enough weight now and that i look great as i am, despite not yet reaching even my healthy BMI. She thinks that my face and upper body are getting a bit thin! I personally think that i should lose another stone ideally from my lower half!

If im honest i hate the idea of stopping LT due to the fact i really could simply not eat again, i love the discipline Lt gives and would stay on it for life if i could maintain! make any sense?

Anyway enough said....anybody got any suggestions? xxx

Hi Tracy

I'm in a similar situation. People are starting to say don't lose any more you'll look drawn etc etc. I've just tried on a dress I wore for my brothers wedding a couple of years ago. That was my original goal to fit in that comfortably and I think its more roomy now then it was when I wore it. I'm having the same dilema....not about eating as I'm quite good, i just don't know if I'd prefer to lose the extra stone to give myself a buffer zone in case I do gain a lb or two. I usually do ok when maintaining. I do weight watchers. I have all the desserts, biscuits in for when I need something sweet.....I will never eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes like I used to......just once in a while. The thing is Tracy, you are the only one who can decide when to stop. If you are feeling good about yourself then maybe it is time to stop.

Thats a tough one and only you know the right weight for you is..
I am 5'4" and could get away with being a good bit over BMI 25 without looking fat. Personally I was keen to get to BMI 25....assume if you loose the 12lbs you will at 25......remember when you go back to eating you will gain half a stone as your stores are re-filled....so maybe consider loosing that amount before stopping....

Cheers guys, i wanted to aim for 11 and a half to give me exactly that, a bit of a margin for gaining that half a stone. I need discipline so if im under 12 it will give me incentive to never get above that again if you see what i mean? If im above 12 its easy to think oh whats another half!! I guess i just need to take it week by week and see how i look. i was 10stone 5 years ago and wasnt thin then at all. Think im just a different shape now after having my daughter xx

That sounds like a plan....when you get to 12st - have another think about how you feel.

Cheers hun i think i'll do that so long as my face doesn't disappear! lol x

LOL...nothing worse than a gaunt face......although Icemoose (who lost over 10 stone on CD)....said that you "plumb" up post VLCD if you think you are being to look like you are disappearing!!

Oh right well that is something to bear i mind i guess. Also i ned to start working out again and that will put some on due muscle i would think. think ill do like you said review at 12 and start working out at 12 too and take it from there xxx

I did half hour light weights in the local gym three times a week when on LT and it really made a difference....the inches really dropped off and improved my overall body shape....

Really? thats prob what i need to do to be honest to get rid of those last few inches. Just dont want the disappointment of possibly gaining weight with muscle! Fussly arent i? lol x

It didnt effect my weight loss to be honest but I got them to meaure me every two weeks so if I felt the scales were slowing down (which they do when you get closer to target) to ensure I was still "getting smaller".

Yeah good point, might give that a go. You've cheered me up lots now hun thanks xx

Your more than welcome....you are doing great!!

And you would know hun after your great loss xx

Well.....we'll see how much more I have to loose after I have this one LOL...thats one of the reasons I am keep logging on and keep in touch with those on LT....I plan to go back on LT by end of the Summer - dont want to fall into the post baby rut I did when I had my son!

Yeah thats what i did, i put on 2 stone after having her, to to be a liitle bit fair she was very poorly and i just ate chocolate etc when i had the chance x

Hey Tracey! How are ya? Its absolutely great that people are telling yo look fantastic and you have lost enough, but on the other hand can also be a pain in the bum! I too have heard, you look great now, I would stop and just healthy eat some have said, its made me kind of think - oh really? mmm mmm? does this mean I deserve a treat? I am finding it leathal! (is that how you spell it?!) I have really struggled this weekend and am finding it harder with each compliment! know thats maybe weird and most might find that encouraging.... Does that make sense?
x

Hi Tracy,
I think you should continue and lose a half stone or a stone just to give yourself that bit of leeway when you come off. It's said that you put on a half a stone after any VLCD, water etc.
It's up to you but don't go too far!!
xxx

Im good hun how are you? Yeah it totally makes sense. people keep saying to me the same, just stop and eat sensibly! But why get this far and stop when you can get rid of the last bit? Especially if we may gain! I i stopped now then gained half a stone i would be 13 again and very unimpressed!!! lol Is your target 11stone pineapple? what height are you? xx

I so so so have to keep going for at least one more month, I love feelin slimmer, and I am feeling great choosing clothes that I really want to wear and not just choosing clothes that i feel suit my figuire. I even fitted into size 12's today, albeit they were extremly tight and I could hardly breath but they did zip up!! I have not even drank ne litre of water over the whole weekend and I have nibbled again! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! I am making it my mission to start thriving again on peoples comments. I am going to up the water tomoro. I feel groe tonight after my struggle this weekend, but tomorrow is another day.x

Back