Where am I going wrong?

Cowboy10uk

Hi all, I hope someone on here can help me, I joined Slimmers world 3 weeks ago, after finally hitting the dreaded 20 stone mark, my wonderful wife, talked me joining her group, which gave me a very friendly welcome.

Anyway, after the 1st week, despite going to a mates wedding and drinking 170 syns worth of booze in one evening I managed to lose 10.5 lbs, then on the 2nd week I only lost 2.5lb which I put down to being on nights, and not having a regular eating pattern.

This week I did my best to have a normal meal times, eating spaghetti or a jacket pot with lots of salad for lunch filled with slimmers world bolognise or low fat bacon. I've been on extra easy, only used upto 2 - 3 syns a days and eating food only cooked to slimmers world free reciepes, yet I've only lost .5 lb, anyone got any idea where I'm going wrong, my wife complains as I don't eat my A and B choices, preferring to eat free food only, as I figure this will give me my best loss. However I'm now starting to think I'm wrong.

Please help as I'm rather annoyed at this lack of progress. My target of 13 stone seems further away than ever.

Cowboy10uk

You need to be eating your a & b choice-they're there to be used,and you need to be eating your syns so that you have something to play with later on.

I started at 20st 1lb and am now down to 14st 6lb :) x

The plan is a fully rounded diet plan so that means free food, healthy extras and syns. If you are not eating all of these then you aren't following the plan. Syn amounts can vary 5-15 but you really do need to make sure you eat your healthy extras.

Have you kept food diaries? You had a great loss the first week so if you did look back at that diary and see if you can replicate it. Probably without all the booze though! :)

A lot of people have a big loss their first week then a much smaller one the week after. Usually by week three its levelled itself out but maybe your body is taking a bit longer to adjust to the new way of eating. Stick with it, it really does work if you follow it correctly. And never forget the golden rule of 1/3 of each meal should be superfree!

Edited because I read your post wrong! Sorry!

I agree you need to eat your healthy extras and have some syns

The plan has been carefully developed as a whole by experts and if you go making up your own rules you're not following it properly

Keep reading your books sometimes it takes a few weeks to get into it properly and weight loss generally averages out over the weeks anyway and you had really big losses at the beginning
Just keep going and never give up :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

you need to eat everything on the plan, thats why its the plan. if you're not eating enough, then your body goes into starvation mode, it panicks cos its not getting fed!! as a man you need 2500 cals a day i think, so to lose weight youre gonna need 2000, if youre only eating free foods like salads, you probably arnt getting near this amount. just eat your healthy extras, some toast or cereal with breakfast, (i like jordans plain porridge oats with a banana chopped on top!) cheese on your jacket potatoes!! theyre pretty easy to fit in. also, have a few syns!! dont be scared to eat the syns. have about 10 a day or all 15 if you want! you seem to be doing really well but like alot of people, i bet youre finding it hard to believe you can eat so much? lol

Hi all, I hope someone on here can help me, I joined Slimmers world 3 weeks ago, after finally hitting the dreaded 20 stone mark, my wonderful wife, talked me joining her group, which gave me a very friendly welcome.

Anyway, after the 1st week, despite going to a mates wedding and drinking 170 syns worth of booze in one evening I managed to lose 10.5 lbs, then on the 2nd week I only lost 2.5lb which I put down to being on nights, and not having a regular eating pattern.

This week I did my best to have a normal meal times, eating spaghetti or a jacket pot with lots of salad for lunch filled with slimmers world bolognise or low fat bacon. I've been on extra easy, only used upto 2 - 3 syns a days and eating food only cooked to slimmers world free reciepes, yet I've only lost .5 lb, anyone got any idea where I'm going wrong, my wife complains as I don't eat my A and B choices, preferring to eat free food only, as I figure this will give me my best loss. However I'm now starting to think I'm wrong.

Please help as I'm rather annoyed at this lack of progress. My target of 13 stone seems further away than ever.

Cowboy10uk

What the others have said above, plus you say you "prefer to stick to free food only" - as well as the requirement for Healthy Extras syns as other people have said, you are filling up 1/3 of EVERY meal with Superfree right? I see you have salad with your lunch, your breakfast & tea need to nbe 1/3 superfree as well. A the end of the day you've lost 13.5lb - nearly a stone - in 3 weeks! After a massive loss of 10.5 lbs in week one followed by a very good 2.5lbs I expect your body's still recoiling from the shock. Just stick to the plan - and I mean all of it, the HEXes, the syns, the 1/3 superfree - and it will come off, no problem. You can also post a food diary so people can check if youre going wrong anywhere, but from the sound of it youre doing spectacularly. There wil be weeks where you STS or even gain or no apparnt reason, its nothing to worry about, everybody does :)

Thanks for the replys guys, I will keep a food diary next week, and try and eat all my syns, as well as A and B every meal. Ermingtrude asked if I was eating super free with every meal, yes I'm trying to, be it salad with lunch and salad or mushy peas with my tea. I don't eat breakfast. Never can face food at 5.30 in the morning when I go to work.

Ill let you know what happens next week. Fingers crossed.

Cowboy10uk said:
Thanks for the replys guys, I will keep a food diary next week, and try and eat all my syns, as well as A and B every meal. Ermingtrude asked if I was eating super free with every meal, yes I'm trying to, be it salad with lunch and salad or mushy peas with my tea. I don't eat breakfast. Never can face food at 5.30 in the morning when I go to work.

Well done for losing 13.5lbs in 3 weeks-thats awesome.
Just to clarify, mushy peas wouldn't count towards your 1/3 superfree! It's only non starchy veg that do-just so you don't end up ruining your efforts thinking you'd been 100-%

I wouldn't get too disheartened, you've still done incredibly well! Your body will also have a pattern of its own and your weight loss may show up next week. I maintained on my third week and was really confused, but now I'm 12 weeks down I've noticed that every three weeks or so I have a smaller loss and then a bigger loss the week after. Keep focused on the big picture as everything adds up! :)

Cowboy10uk said:

It's 1 a and 1 b a day - not every meal :)

Ahh ha, thanks welshtigger, think that's where I'm really messing up, was treating mushy peas as a superfree, so having them with most meals, and yep sorry I meant 1 A and B per day, not per meal as posted, should really try and be awake when I type. :) ok new week, new understanding of the plan. Fingers crossed I can get it to work for me again. :)

Cowboy10uk

Hiya mate,

trust me when i say as a man if you follow the plan you will be amazed how much you can eat and still lose a good amount of weight every week, however dont think of 2.5lb as being dissapointing as thats an excellent loss and you would be doing well to lose that every week, but i would say that will end up being close to your weekly loss if you stick to plan.

Eat your hexs and syns though as they will help you lose weight and when you get to the last stone or so to lose you will need those syns there to be sacrificed if you get my meaning.

Cheers

Paul

Ahh ha, thanks welshtigger, think that's where I'm really messing up, was treating mushy peas as a superfree, so having them with most meals, and yep sorry I meant 1 A and B per day, not per meal as posted, should really try and be awake when I type. :) ok new week, new understanding of the plan. Fingers crossed I can get it to work for me again. :)

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys and gals, well thanks for the great advice, I followed it to the letter last week, forcing myself to have breakfast ( something I havnt eaten in 20+ yrs ) and also my A and Bs and trying to eat 5 - 15 syns a day, which is harder than it looks, I've found myself having to have a beer just to get over my min syns. Wow this is a hard diet ;)

Anyway net result is 4.5 lbs off this week and slimmer of the month. Very happy.

Thanks again everyone. Hopefully my goal of 7 stone in 18 months, might be achievable and I'll be at 13 stone for the first time in over 20 yrs.

Thats gonna be something, only problem I'm finding is the new work uniform that I got only 2 months ago is now getting too big and my trousers keep slipping down. Not something people want to see I can promise you. :)

Cowboy10uk

Fantastic - keep up the good work

Fabulous, just keep in the zone and you will do so well on Slimming World. Its definately the way to go, enjoy your hexs any syns :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Latest update for this week. Another 6lb off. Down to 18st :) not been here for a good yr. :)

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys and gals, well thanks for the great advice, I followed it to the letter last week, forcing myself to have breakfast ( something I havnt eaten in 20+ yrs ) and also my A and Bs and trying to eat 5 - 15 syns a day, which is harder than it looks, I've found myself having to have a beer just to get over my min syns. Wow this is a hard diet ;)

Anyway net result is 4.5 lbs off this week and slimmer of the month. Very happy.

Thanks again everyone. Hopefully my goal of 7 stone in 18 months, might be achievable and I'll be at 13 stone for the first time in over 20 yrs.

Thats gonna be something, only problem I'm finding is the new work uniform that I got only 2 months ago is now getting too big and my trousers keep slipping down. Not something people want to see I can promise you. :)

Cowboy10uk

You're doing brilliantly well - keep it up!

Back