Where am I going wrong?

Laney

Right a 2lb gain for me this week. Although the battery needs replacing on my scales the hubby is still weighing the same so it's not them. Could it be bananas? I never used to eat them and now I'm sometimes having 2 a day. I've decided this week to keep a food diary and post on here for advice. Was pleased with my 4lbs loss last week and would have been happy with any kind of loss this week. :sigh:

I have to be really careful with bananas, they have so many calories it's just crazy. But otherwise, did you have something salty - could this just be fluid? Or is it that time of the month, or nearly? Are you eating superfree veggies? Weighing/measuring your Hexs? Maybe you could post a daily menu so the wise people on here (not me lol) can see it and comment? Hugs to you, gains are horrible...

Whats an average day or two's menus for you?

Average apple or orange - 80-90 calories. Average banana 100-110 calories. Dont' think that is particularly "crazy". But some people don't react well to bananas, so if you find you lose better by not eating them, then you will know what to do. We all react differently to different foods.

Right a 2lb gain for me this week. Although the battery needs replacing on my scales the hubby is still weighing the same so it's not them. Could it be bananas? I never used to eat them and now I'm sometimes having 2 a day. I've decided this week to keep a food diary and post on here for advice. Was pleased with my 4lbs loss last week and would have been happy with any kind of loss this week. :sigh:
I think a food diary would be an excellent idea for you. It would help us to see if we have any ideas as to what may have caused your gain, but also writing down what you eat helps you to be more disciplined in what you are eating - so more likely than not you will lose your 2lb gain and more next week.
When I went to a group the consultant suggested that bananas should be restricted to one a day! They are great for an energy boost though, so it may be worth trying that this week and see what happens.
Please try not to lose heart. No diet is an exact science, and your body naturally does go up and down in weight - I would put money on you losing weight this week, as long as you stick with the plan
Good luck
Tina x
:hug99:

I'm really sorry but the consultant that said bananas should be restricted is really bad for saying that. I went through vigorous training to be a consultant and the first rule is free food is FREE food. There is no way on earth that your weight gain is because of bananas. There must be something else secretly sneaking in sweetie that your not noticing and that is sobotaging your weight loss. If you want to post a food diary on here I will help u through it day by day.

Carry on eating the bananas until your satisfied. Bananas are fine, really x

I've been off the SW wagon for a little while but I lost 5 stone and was also a consultant! I would eat at least 1 big banana every day, sometimes more and if I didn't, my weight loss was slower!! Other members did mention that they would not lose if they ate them! Do what feels right, weight loss is an opportunity to learn about our bodies, and I've still not figured it out after 20 years so a couple of weeks in and you're already learning about what your body likes and dislikes!

Back