Where are all the calorie counters??? Honk if you're still reading!!!

lindseydodd408

Gold Member
Wow, this forum is quiet compared to two years ago. Come on fellow calorie counters come on out and give me a honk. If you're a long time lurker but never posted now is your chance, give me a "honk honk"!!! Xxx

Hey! I've been lurking.....started tracking with mfp a week ago properly,lost 6lbs....gained 2 back....can't get past 16 stone for love not money!! Grrrrr!!! Your right about it being quiet on here,Booooo!!!

Yay!!! Big honk back to you popcorn!!! Have you tried mixing up what level of nutrients you eat? it can sometimes give the metabolism a little kick up the arse!!! Xxx

Yay! :) I've tried increasing my calories but I've not looked at my nutrients,I do eat majority carbs so I know that's not good,I did well on atkins but it made me feel ill :-( going to try drinking more!! That's another downfall! How are you getting on?

I'm in the early stages of quitting sugar and smoking... I think maybe I either want to be healthier or I don't want myself to have any fun anymore, lol!!! Xxx

Still allowing sweeteners, so can get a pretend hit if I need one, to be honest I feel much better without it. X

Honk! I'm a long-time calorie counter too. This part of the forum is pretty quiet, though I think the diaries section is a bit more active. I tend to spend more time on the WEMITTs board, which is the section where people with lots to lose congregate - quite a few of them calorie count. :) xx

I'm here! :) Thanks for injecting some life into this section too :D

MFP is my life at the moment as everything that goes into my mouth is religiously logged. I started off on SW but found calorie counting works better for me. I'm heading steadily to target and the closer I get the more determined I am!!!

Honk! I'm a long-time calorie counter too. This part of the forum is pretty quiet, though I think the diaries section is a bit more active. I tend to spend more time on the WEMITTs board, which is the section where people with lots to lose congregate - quite a few of them calorie count. :) xx

Wow Tracy, what an inspiration you are!!! Sorry, bet you hear that all the time, but wow!!! How long have you been on your journey? X

I'm here! :) Thanks for injecting some life into this section too :D

MFP is my life at the moment as everything that goes into my mouth is religiously logged. I started off on SW but found calorie counting works better for me. I'm heading steadily to target and the closer I get the more determined I am!!!

Hi Jane, I like to shake things up!!! You are another inspirational calorie counter, how long have you been on the weight loss wagon? X

lindseydodd408 said:
Wow Tracy, what an inspiration you are!!! Sorry, bet you hear that all the time, but wow!!! How long have you been on your journey? X

Oh thank you, Lindsey, that's very nice of you to say. :) It's been 2 years so far, so nice and leisurely, lol. When I want a "naughty" day I have one, like I will this week when I'm off work - I don't believe in deprivation! :) xx

Oh thank you, Lindsey, that's very nice of you to say. :) It's been 2 years so far, so nice and leisurely, lol. When I want a "naughty" day I have one, like I will this week when I'm off work - I don't believe in deprivation! :) xx

Slow and steady will always win the race... I fly straight off the starting blocks fall flat on my face and never get there!!! A little bit of what you fancy always does you good!!! Enjoy your week off, very jealous!!! Xxx

Actually, I say slow and steady, but for the amount you've lost two years is blooming good going!!! Maths was never my strong point!!! Idiot!!! X

lindseydodd408 said:
Actually, I say slow and steady, but for the amount you've lost two years is blooming good going!!! Maths was never my strong point!!! Idiot!!! X

Thank you! It's not bad going, I know, but I really haven't rushed it or done any exercise (health reasons), so I know others can lose faster, lol. On the plus side, I haven't got too serious an issue with loose skin, as you definitely can if you lose a lot too quickly. :) xx

That's good, I'm terrified that I might look like a giant turkey neck by the time I finish! X

Hi Jane, I like to shake things up!!! You are another inspirational calorie counter, how long have you been on the weight loss wagon? X
*cough*.... years! :eek: Been a yo-yo dieter with SW for the past 10 or so.

BUT... THIS time..... here's my story and why things are finally different:

I turned 50 in June and on May 11th I looked in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. Made the decision there and then that I wanted to be fifty and fit, not fifty and fat. So, I dug out my old trainers and decided to take up running for the first time in my life. Found the Couch to 5K programme and started training sensibly. Signed up for a 5K Race for Life in July which was timed to be completed as I had finished the course so I was motiviated and determined to run the whole fun run. (A minor hip injury stopped me running two weeks before R4L so I rested my body and completed the fun run in just under 36 mins!) I also reviewed my diet as I'd been a complete carboholic before and hadn't realised how bloated and sluggish I was because of them... I'd put my symptoms down to the menopause. So I switched to green tea, dropped all white carbs (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes) and started being more adventurous with foods I'd avoided because I'd always assumed I'd dislike them :eek: Now I am a total cauliflower "rice", courgette "spaghetti" and swede or celeriac "mash" convert - they are far tastier than their white-carb equivalents and I don't think I'll ever revert.

I'm still running and loving it, who'd have thought. I'm currently doing the "Move a Mile for 30 days" challenge so I'm out running a mile every morning. I figure that to be able to run, you have to eat healthily and running helps you lose weight, so they are mutually beneficial.

At the beginning of July I started 5:2 fasting, having watched the Horizon programme and I like the potential health implications that offers.

I allow myself 1200 calories per day, but spread over a week. So 1200 x 7 = 8400. I'm allowed 500 calories on my fasting days so that leaves 7400, divided by my 5 normal eating days = 1480. My TDEE is around 1848 so I'm not a huge amount under that and it is working well for me. I'm steadily losing 2lbs a week (no loose skin!!). I like facts and figures and I'm sensible so I log everything I eat, all the exercise I do and my weight every morning. It helps me keep a track. So far, since 11th May I have lost 34lbs and I have 11 to go to reach my first target. When I get there I will then decide how I look - I'm very conscious of not getting too gaunt looking and I've told my husband that if I start to look old and saggy, he's to tell me straightaway! I'm 10st 10lbs at the moment and whilst my target is 9st 13lbs, if I had to stop at 10:7 to look healthy, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm a classic pear shape with all my weight being carried below my waist and above my knees!!! But I'm fitting a size 12 jeans now instead of 16's and that pleases me.

I'm just being sensible about it all and realistic. Having yo-yo'd for years, I've never had the mindset that I have right now and I really don't think things will change as I've shaken up my eating habits so much this time. Whether it is the running, or my age, feeling so much better or a combination of all three, what I CAN tell you is that I intend to live the rest of my life in the same vein as it is at the moment :)

Wow, sounds like everything clicked into place for you... I'm so jealous, lol!!!

I got to run 2 of week 6, but hurt my hip. Rested it for two weeks then quit sugar, so wanted to get over the withdrawal before I went back. Hip feels better now, I'll take a look at the weather for tomorrow and dust off the running shoes. X

PLEASE tell me the secret of quitting sugar!!! I have a terrible sweet tooth.... how did you go about it? I really don't know how to start....

First step, read labels of everything in your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Step two, be horrified at just how many products have sugar added to them. Step three, throw/give everthing away. Step four, spend hours in supermarket trying to find something that doesn't have sugar added to it. Final step, come home with meat and vegetables, lol!!!

If you Google "I quit sugar" there is an Australian lady who wrote a book, but scroll further down and you can find information on it without buying the book.

I eat full fat food instead, which keeps me fuller longer and I don't crave anymore. Initially I did feel like I would die! Xxx

Back