Step 1 Sole Source Where art thou TOTM??!!

Ali-Safiya

Hey everyone,

I usually have a regular cycle my last period was on the 10th of jan but this month I've seemed to have missed it? I thought I was having the usual symptoms this month, ovulation, bloating etc but nothing! I got nothing! I am not pregnant, as my hubby is away on a business trip and I've checked!

Diet wise I'm still 11.3lbs! The last couple of weeks I just couldn't stick to the programme but I'm back to finish what I started - I seemed to have maintained my weight pretty well, surprisingly.

Anyways, does anyone know what's going on?? I actually want Aunt Flo to rear it's ugly head for once!!!

One of the side effects can be an irregular or non existent cycle, it is your body protesting at the lack of calories. I don't know what to suggest, either enjoy it, or if you are concerned move up a step.

Don't worry though.

Just noticed you had said you hadn't stuck to the programme for the last few weeks. In which case I don't know why you would not have TOTM, I would mention it to CDC.

I would rather no TOTM than 4 weeks of it which i have had :( xx

One of the side effects can be an irregular or non existent cycle, it is your body protesting at the lack of calories. I don't know what to suggest, either enjoy it, or if you are concerned move up a step.

Don't worry though.

I didn't know that it could affect my cycle, I mean it makes sense but it would have been nice if my CDC told me. It's weird because I had all
The symptoms last week but then they went away? I hope I'm not going crazy lol

I'll try not to worry about it because I know that certainly won't help! Thanks for replying :) I will have a chat with my CDC too

This is the potted version of what is going on ;

Going on and off plan affects your insulin control, this is linked to your ovulation ( e.g people with pco are insulin resistant)

When your blood sugar stabilises your cycle will too

Trust me, I'm a Doctor - as the saying goes

This is the potted version of what is going on ;

Going on and off plan affects your insulin control, this is linked to your ovulation ( e.g people with pco are insulin resistant)

When your blood sugar stabilises your cycle will too

Trust me, I'm a Doctor - as the saying goes

TOTM changes are definitely common, even if you stick to plan. For several years now my cycles have been fairly regular - every 28-30 days. The last twice I've had a 22 day cycle. My blood sugar has to be pretty stable right now so that's not it. But fat stores oestrogen, so shrinking fat cells release oestrogen into the blood stream and that messes things up. Plus cortisol levels are higher when you first go on a diet, particularly a very low calorie diet - dieting's stressful, LOL - and cortisol also has an effect on TOTM. The cortisol thing is the reason many women experience spotting within a few days of starting diets like Cambridge.

All good fun, huh? ;)

Thank you for your reply - very informative! I'm glad to hear that it's pretty common but it feels so weird to have missed my TOTM this month. I'm still hoping it arrives soon!! Lol

Incase anyone's wondering I started my period this afternoon. It's so weird because it just feels so unexpected now because usually we have all these symptoms so you know that TOTM is coming! I didn't have any of that ( well I did
A couple weeks ago and it didnt arrive then)

Anyway I am relieved!!! :D

It does mess with things. I have an implant so no TOTM for 6 months, on saturday which was day 4 I started to spot.. totally bizzare

Back