Where to start!

MsVoluptua

Hello! I'm a newbie and embarked on weightwatchers today . (I have been unsure whether to go with weight watchers or slimming world, but chose ww as I found a good app!) I have a LOT of weight to lose. Ideally 200lbs but I would be ecstatic with 100 at the moment. So that is my aim for 2015. Nobody I know is in the same situation as me, and I'm not sure anyone really realises just how heavy I am. I find it quite difficult to talk about. But I've noticed my health deteriorating over the last year and it's starting to worry me. I also broke my ankle quite badly last year and am really struggling with walking. I would love to hear from people in a similar situation to me, or from someone who has been in my situation and who has made it through to the other side! I feel quite lonely at times even though I am surrounded by people. But I've decided 2015 is going to be my year!!! Oh yes it is! (Isn't it? ) x x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello! This is a great place to come for support ☺️ I have about 170lbs to lose so quite similar. I'm sure 2015 will be our year! X

Thank you, it definitely helps to see others in a similar situation! One thing I am a bit confused on though ( for those following weight watchers) is how many points I'm allowed. The calculator says I'm allowed 55! It seems like a lot!! So yesterday I only had 40. Anyone else on ww here? X x

Thanks for your message. Maybe we can spur each other on? I keep replying and messaging using the app on my phone and it doesn't seem to show up. All the messages will probably appear at once now and make me look desperate haha! So day 2 began with cereal and tea, I have no idea what to eat for the rest of the day however! Have been trying to do an online food shop but the site is playing up. Not my day technology wise! X

Hi MsV and a big warm welcome :welcome:

People here are lovely, supportive and all have big weight loss goals - so you are with people who completely get what you're going through!

Good luck with WW - there are a few here following that plan, so I'm sure they will jump in with advice and hellos :)

Thank you! hmm none of my replies on here made on my iphone are showing... just testing on my laptop now! I'm going to look like i'm right desperate for friends if all the posts show up!!!!!!!

Thanks girls! Glad to see I'll fit in just nicely then. Had a goodish day food wise. I can't believe how many ww points I'm allowed. It feels wrong! Just got into bed, I am a bit hungry but I feel good in myself. Getting my hair lightened tomorrow, this year is about feeling good about myself I've decided! Lots of 'goods' in this message! That must be a good thing! ? hope everyone else had a good day x

hi V
well come to the madhoue i like yourself have said 2015 is going to be about me im doing this for me this time no one else i really need to shift this other person i carry about before it takes my health so im here to support you love its a great place to be believe me the people are great x x x x

Thanks Chezz. Just what I need in my life, more madness! Just off out to get my hair done and it's been snowing here. Could quite easily stay by the fire, I hate the hairdressers, and going out to be honest, but I'm pushing myself. Wish me luck, hope you all have a good day x

Welcome gorgeous! :) It's good to keep pushing and going - you achieve more that way! :) You can do it!!! :) We're right behind you.

Hope it clears up for you soon - careful going out with your ankle xx

Haha yes my phone does the same to me, bloody thing. Nothing happened for hours and hours and now I have 2 almost identical posts floating around
Re: points, I'm sure someone on ww will be able to advise properly as I've not done it for years but I find that most diets seem to over estimate...I know it's important to have room to lower your intake though as you lose weight so I wouldn't deprive yourself too much! I figure if my calorie allowance seems high i will just try to make sure I fill them with healthier things!

I'm going to buy loads of nice healthy food tonight as it's finally payday so wish me luck, it's all stations go from tomorrow! Best try finish off my christmas chocolate tonight x

Good luck, it's so good to know you aren't on your own! Well, hairdressers was a right palava! My hair was really dark brown, almost black and I wanted to go lighter so 5 hours in the chair, stripped it twice and coloured it and it's pretty much the same as it was except underneath it's now much lighter. I look like a tabby cat. The hairdresser was devastated, so I'm gong back in Friday for her to sort it out! I'll get there eventually. Nothing's ever easy for me hahaha! But she cut it and blow dried it and it's lovely and shiny, which is a miracle considering what it went through today! Focus on the positives!! How was everyone's day? X

Oh crikey that does sound like a palaver, alright! You poor thing, but I'm glad your hair is nice and shiny :)

For non hairdresser days, I can actually highly recommend the Aldi hair dye, cheap as and it's a lovely shade.

Last edited:
ohh thats my nightmare i mean our hair is our bonnet x

God yes, my hair and make up are my mask! Hair doesn't look as awful as I have made out ( can you tell I am a drama queen?) but it still doesn't look great. I just realised I have a small pea head. I look like a snowman, small head big round body! Hahaha, I made myself laugh there! Hopefully my snowman body will melt away soon! X

Back