Where will it come from?

The Caretaker

Silver Member
Hi Guy's n Gal's, I have been doing SW for 10 weeks now and it's done me proud :D the thing is I have a very long way to go, (just over 5st) but I can't in my mind imagine losing another 70lbs of me.......is that a bad place to be? My mind is starting to kick in with odd rubbish, I know I have to lose it and I want to believe me, but I have people telling me I'll be too thin, even though by my calculations I would still be 3st O/W is this the equivalent to a runner hitting "the wall"? Has anyone else out there gone through/going through this? Help.:confused:

Caretaker I felt the same but at the very start and I overcome it by setting my big target then each week(s) I have little manageable goals n targets so I weigh in stones and pounds so I use nxt stone brackets, breaking single figures in the pounds etc then I convert to just weigh in pounds so there's always a round number there to aim for. There's always a short term immediate goal. Then this soon chips away at that big 5 stone target.
My latest goal is 7lb off that will see me lightest in 4 years then it'll be 4lb to get into the next stone bracket. It really helps x

That is one impressive weightloss! Well done! I agree with the above. Obviously I haven't as much to lose (again!) but I'm focusing on 7lb losses, plus going under a half stone and into the next stone.I think it's hard at first cos the weightloss doesn't really show,it's like you lose a thin layer allover, and then you get nearer your goal then 2lbs makes a big difference. Use your tape measure.
Now the thorny subject of people saying you'll be too thin, b+ll=cks! Scuse my language. There are 2 types who say this. Folk who are comfortable with you being the way you are ,(it's all about them!). Or They are jealous that you are sorting your life out and losing weight successfully. Either way it's not your welfare they are bothered about. Only someone who has gone through or is going through losing weight can understand what you're going through. That is why coming on here is such a help,we all understand, and it's your decision what weight will be right for you.

i thought id be too thin and that was half a st heavier than now ... i got there and wanted to carry on once your weight re distributes as you lose it really balances just go with it ans see how you feel after every stone xx

I agree with above, there are lots of ppl in your life and even out your life that will try control, sabotage, advise against etc. For there benefit not yours. Don't trust them. If like me you've had problems in your past with eating disorders then choose a close trusted person if you can't trust yourself (if you go to group the consultant will be a good person) not to become obsessed. And talk and discuss and trust them but anyone else adding there input don't worry about. Go with how fit and healthy you look and feel

The voice in your head which wonders if they might be right is very dangerous. They are NOT right. I listened to the voice last time, stopped before I was ready to and then put it all back on. There are lots of reasons why people might tell you to stop dieting, and many of them are probably well meaning. They may genuinely worry about you, but they all have one thing in common - they are WRONG. You need to get to where you feel you look and feel good. Listen to your doctor, listen to the experts who tell you what a healthy BMI is, but most importantly listen to your body, it knows when it is healthy. When we are dieting we can be vulnerable to the input of others, but however well meaning you have to be true to your goals and choose who you listen to very carefully.

First of all, you have done astoundingly well, congraulations!!!

I have about 90lbs to lose so can totally understand how you are feeling. I have to agree with the other ladies, take it a half stone at a time, or down to the next stone number. eg seeing the 14 stone mark, then the 13 etc. If you assess after each goal you can see how you are feeling, if you want to continue etc. You will know when you are happy.

As for other people, the other posters are 100% right, people will try and convince you you are wrong to lose more weight, even if you arent at a healthy weight yet. This is because they are insecure with their own weight and eating habits and dont want to face up to it, or they like having a "fat friend", or they are jealous. I havent lost a huge amount yet, but I can already see my mother trying to sabotage me by constantly offering me cakes etc even tho I have asked her not to. Its because she has about the same amount of weight to lose as I do and has no intention of doing so. So by me losing its drawing attention to the fact that it can be done! Of course my mother doesnt want me to be 17 stone for my health, its totally subconcious!

Keep going hun, you are doing so well. Only listen to the experts, they are the only ones you can trust with regards to a healthy weight. Your consultant and GP are good people to take advice when to stop from!

Thanks for this guys I'll take it onboard and reduce the over all expectation to interim expectations and take it in stages.

Back