Which book.....?

lentil2

Gold Member
Amazingly, the dukan is probably the only diet I haven't yet tried!
So, what has inspired me?
I saw someone the other day who I hadn't seen in a while and she looked great. I asked her what her secret was and she said the dukan diet.
So here I am!

What I would like to know is what's the best book to buy?
I have looked at downloading one on my iPad but there are a few....but I would like the 'proper' one. Whats on the cover of the one I should be buying?
I have also put my details into the official dukan website and it says I need to do the attack for 3 days....does this vary from person to person? And it says I will reach my weight of 11 st 2 lb by september....sounds good to me!

Thanks for your help

First starter too

:) hi there, the best one you can get is this one to start off with

The Dukan Diet: Amazon.co.uk: Dr Pierre Dukan, Pierre Dukan: Books

It explains how he came about the diet, the process in which lipids and proteins work then goes through each phase separately even listing the foods you can have. I bought mine 2nd hand off amazon for under £3 and it's in great order and always have it to hand to remind myself or even to regain some motivation.

3 days is nothing, i have 7 on attack phase as I need to lose over 70lbs. September is only 3 months away and it will fly by for you i'm sure. I've got til February :8855:So as you can see, that answers your "Is everyone different" question. Spices are definitely the key to keeping this diet interesting, i've found great recipes already on some great free websites such as dukan diet recipe dukanitout which have some stunning looking recipes.

Hope this all helps and good luck on your life change :bighug:

Sam xx

Hello Lentil and welcome to the Forum,

I'll let one of the girls in England respond to your query re the book, as mine is now very old and I know he brings out new ones regularly!

Yes the length of time on attack does vary according to how much the person has to lose. If your statistics are correct, you have one stone to lose I believe. Someone with, say, five stone to lose would probably be recommended to do five days or maybe even seven. It wouldn't serve any useful purpose to do a longer attack period than advised and you'll be LONGING for some crunch and some salad/veg after three days anyway!

Good luck
x

:) hi there, the best one you can get is this one to start off with

The Dukan Diet: Amazon.co.uk: Dr Pierre Dukan, Pierre Dukan: Books

It explains how he came about the diet, the process in which lipids and proteins work then goes through each phase separately even listing the foods you can have. I bought mine 2nd hand off amazon for under £3 and it's in great order and always have it to hand to remind myself or even to regain some motivation.

3 days is nothing, i have 7 on attack phase as I need to lose over 70lbs. September is only 3 months away and it will fly by for you i'm sure. I've got til February :8855:So as you can see, that answers your "Is everyone different" question. Spices are definitely the key to keeping this diet interesting, i've found great recipes already on some great free websites such as dukan diet recipe dukanitout which have some stunning looking recipes.

Hope this all helps and good luck on your life change :bighug:

Sam xx

Ahh thanks, I missed this post earlier, not sure how!
Well I recognise the cover of that book so maybe I will download it. I forgot to look when I was out shopping this morning!
I don't have a problem with eating just protein for 3 days, my most successful diets have been low carb and to be honest, ever since discovering low carb about 12 years ago, I have never felt the same about carbs despite previously being a big SW fan.

If I can be somewhere near my goal by September, I will be over the moon. Like you say, its only 3 months away, no time at all!

I have The Dukan Diet, Dukan recipe book both from amazon for about £7, Dukan life plan (with the lady cooking on the front that was a bargain froma xmas fair for £3)and i got the complete Dukan cookery book last week, Dr D told me personally that it was his bible to weight loss.

The books are well read and i have put coloured post-its throughout the book at points of interest and interesting recipes. x

Well....I am back again!

Having decided to stick with SW I really didn't make any progress at all. It just doesn't seem to work for me anymore. :(
The few pounds I have lost, I seem to have gained over the last week as I have not really followed any plan. I went out for a meal yesterday and ate what I wanted as I knew today was the day I would finally embark on The Dukan. If only I had started when I first posted....I would have been at target now!!! Ahhh well....

I have downloaded the book and read through it so at least I can get started on the attack phase which is only 3 days so that's perfectly doable.
It says I will reach target by the end of January, which would be great though we have the 'problem' of Christmas between now and then!!!

So, here goes...any tips would be great!!

There's always something on our journey xmas, holidays and birthdays the thing is to be sensible and get back onto it asap. My lifesaver on this is my muffins, couldn't do it without them....mini quiches. Plan a weeks menu in advance and always have Dukan nibbles ready for when you need them. But planning is the way good luck xxx

Thanks!! I can't get my head around creating meals out of allowed attack foods just yet but I'm sure it will come in time. Its only for 3 days anyway and I don't have a problem with eating just meat, yogurt etc!
Is it worth getting a Dukan recipe book?

I have weighed in this morning after 1 day of Attack and lost 1.6kg which is approx. 3.5lbs, so I am chuffed with that. Admittedly, I had a bit of a piggy day on Saturday so my start weight may have been a bit squewed but hey, if I hadn't started the Dukan, I would still weigh the same weight as my start weight or more, I suspect!

I never bought the recipe book- there's so much on here on the recipe thread - muffins, salt and pepper chicken and coca cola chicken are must tries!!! Also mini quiches !!

What scoot said save your money the recipe threat is fab and free xxx

No sorry but most recipes will say if suitable for attack. You'll be cruising soon then the options are endless

Yes Wednesday will be my first cruise day :) Bit of a pain this week as I start late shifts at work tomorrow so I need to take a packed lunch with me. I don't have a problem with that but it would have been nice to have had a hot meal on PV days. I'll see what I can rummage up!
I still need to discover some decent meals for when I have my protein only days...I will get searching!

I am feeling so positive about this plan.....I really hope I can stick to it. No reason why I shouldn't, I know carbs are bad and addictive, it was just making the decision to cut them out again as I love them! Already though, my cravings have disappeared and I have stayed awake for 2 evenings running now. That can't be bad!!
I have just briefly explained the diet to my husband lol I think he thinks 'oh no....here we go again!!'

This is a brilliant diet - the further you get into it the easier it gets!! Eggs are good and filling for packup and so is ff cottage cheese - also tuna - I loved the fact that my cravings disappeared - cos before I did dukan even when I was full my head was saying I was hungry - not anymore - all the proteins hat I eat stops the cravings and the hunger pangs!!

Back