which carbs?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nessa, 9 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    which carbs are good and which carbs are not good?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sallies

sallies Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Complex carbs are the good ones and refined are the bad ones. You need to go for low gi like granary, wholemeal bread, brown or basmati rice. wholemeal pasta.New potatoes are better than old. English fruit opposed to tropical fruit.
    Dont touch anything processed ie white bread, white rice except basmati,
    Thats just a few. If you look at the GI index it will give you a real good idea.:)

4. fatboynotyetslim

fatboynotyetslim Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    That's_So_Fetch likes this.
  5. sallies

sallies Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    That's_So_Fetch likes this.
  6. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I read that brown bread is just as bad as white bread where GI is concerned and where healthy eating is concerned too. The best option is to go with wholemeal or granary.

Thanks for the links. I am on 790 at the mo and will be working my up through mantainance stages soon. So i really need as much info on GI as possible because i want to change my eating habits to all GI to maintain my weight after CD.

So if anyone knows of any other websites for GI please post :). Thank You xx

7. sallies

sallies Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Rosemary Conley diet is GI based if you were maybe thinking along that line for the future. Good luck anyway.

8. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i was thinking of joining a Rosemary Conley group after CD to maintain and the exercise class would be a bonus too :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.