Which cold medicines?

No lemsip or anything like that. You can have cold/flu tablets though. If you have to have cough mixture then go for the diabetic version but it still might knock you out of ketosis so beware...

So any flu / cold tablets are ok then? They will not knock me out of it? I have a really bad cold myself. I have slept loads today and don't feel like any of my packets now :(

My opinion on this is that your health is far more important than ketosis. If you need lemsip to make you feel better, have lemsip. Chances are it won't have any impact on being in ketosis. But like I said, your health and getting better is more important!

I had flu followed by bronchitis in December and stuck with good ol' paracetemol and ibruprofen every 4 hours, in the main cause I live alone and was too poorly to go get anything else! When I needed something for the cough, I got Lloyds sugar free chesty cough, stayed in ketosis right through. Make sure you keep your fluid intake up and have all your packs, I felt better on the days I made the effort to do so even though it was the last thing I felt like :)

All of the pills are fine. Lemsip contains quite a lot of sugar so don't take that unless you feel so bad that you're happy to come out of ketosis - but it doesn't contain anything for your cold over and above what the tablets contain so no point in my view. You can always drink hot lemon water flavouring if you just want the experience.

Back