Which diet for moderate results...?

Hi!

I'm over 6 stone overweight, lots of reasons - divorced, self esteem, depression... I got motivated a year or so after getting divorced and lost over 2.5 stone & was really happy I was going in the right direction, met someone, had an awful relationship for 18 months & then put the weight on post-break-up.

Now I'm in limbo. I can't seem to get kick started.

I did weight watchers before to help me lose 2.5 stone when it was pro points. This was perfect for me as I'm a picky eater. Now it's smart points, they've given low calorie things high points because they want people to not eat them because they're considered 'unhealthy'. That doesn't work for me...

I want results so I'm motivated to continue. I try things for 2 weeks & when I don't see any results I give up. I'm not insane, I'm not one of these people who want to lose 6 stone in 6 weeks... however I want to see the results for my hard work.

I joined a gym on Tuesday & have been twice already. So that should help. It's really just my food... I was speaking to a PT at the gym who recommended low/no carbs for fat loss. Your body will only eat fat for energy if it has no carbs to thrive on.

I was thinking about the cambridge diet because it's easy, can't go wrong on it - at least to kick start my weight loss... however that's not no carb is it?

Is there such a thing like meal replacement, or that's really structured so I can just stick to a regimented plan, that's no carb... to get me started? Then I want to spend some time working out appropriate nutrition - I may get some plans drawn up by the PT's at the gym but they're quite expensive.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
hug.gif

Hi retrocircles.

I'm on a diet plan which was put together for me by a diet coach (freedomdietcoach.co.uk. if you're interested). I had to fill in a questionnaire which was emailed to me, then they produced a plan for me based on the answers (eg I don't like fish and can't eat garlic or onions). I've found it really good and have genuinely enjoyed the food, but the best part has been having a proper regime and plan to follow without me having to make too many decisions! I've also emailed them loads to ask questions and check things, and I email in my weight to them once a week, so I think having that sense of accountability has helped me stick to it.

I've been following it for the past 6 weeks and so far have lost a stone! I've previously never been able to stick to diet plans for more that a week at most, so I'm really pleased with that loss.

Don't know if this is the sort of thing you were meaning?

Back