Which do you follow?

maccalenny

Hi, I was just curious as to whether you low gi/gl folks follow a particular regime or make it up from a mix of them all? I followed the diet freedom ideas last time I tried this, a couple of years ago, but I think it was a bit too free for me and although I probably ate low gi, the gls stacked up a bit because I ate loads. This time I'm trying the holford method more, even his supplements which arrived yesterday and are so massive to try to swallow I'm dreading them already! But I do need some help to balance my blood sugar so I'm going to try to stick with them.
had a gorgeous curry last night, with mixed veg and chickpeas, coconut milk and ground almonds, with some curry paste. Served with a sachet of brown basmati pilau rice, the Tilda one which I'm assuming/hoping is low gl as it is so nice and so convenient!
ive lost a couple of lbs this week, all good!

Hi there :)
I follow low GI rules ... Wholewheat pasta/bread/rice etc ... Try abd watch my portion sizes ... Eating between 100g and 150g per day of carbs abd eating lots of protein ..!! I tend to follow rick gallop ... But have recently found Patrick holford and his GL diet ... I don't follow them to a T .. But calorie count to keep those portions down x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My way of eating now is kind of my own devising at this point as I've been at it so long! I try to stick to South Beach Diet carb portions though as I find this easiest (1/2 cup of most things) and also try to follow the SBD guideline of at least 250g non-starchy veg with lunch and dinner.

Your curry sounds yummy!

I am coming back to this after a break. I generally followed Diet Freedom whilst calorie counting but have bought the Patrick Holford bible and am slowly working my way through it. I am still trying to decide about the 5htp, I am taking a multivitamin and chronium at the moment.

I find my sticking point is caffeine at the moment.

Back