which items have you kept?????/

maclynn

Silver Member
okay, being nosey, which item of clothing have you kept from when you started on you're diet, to remind you of how far you've come? Mine is a size 30 coat, it was tight when i bought it, i'm now a size 20, and every time i try it on, i just know, i'm never going back:D:D

I have a pair of white linen crop pants from Next. I thought they made me look slim, now you could fit 2 of me in them!!

I've kept the size 22 pair of jeans I resorted to buying last April for a night out. It was one of the turning points for me joining SW :) I try them on now and again to see just how far I have come as I dont always notice it when I look in the mirror

I have passed on all my clothes as they got too big -no way I can "grow back in to them" that way :p
But I have kept hold of a pair of size 32 jeans and a top that is about the same size ... Im now in 16s and 18s :D

the only thing I have kept is the trousers in the avatar pic! They were my weigh in trousers and were very tight, they are a size 20, now I'm a 10-12. I kept wearing them to weigh in until I couldn't risk wearing them outside any longer through fear of them falling while I was walking!

Helen xxx

I have the blue shirt and jeans I wore to my first weigh in and although I now wear smaller jeans, I still wear the shirt to weigh in ( it's my "lucky" shirt.. :) ), and that way I know that the weight lost is all me and not because of a smaller, lighter shirt.. :)..
The current jeans will be worn to weigh in until they are also too risky to wear out in public for fear of accidental exposure..

I've kept a pair of black work trousers that I brought from Matalan. My hubby took me just after we got back from holiday to get some more work clothes and I took a bundle of size 18's into the changing room and none of them fitted, they looked awful. I could only manage to make myself buy one pair of trousers in a size 20. :(

I came out of the shop got into the car and cried and cried and cried ..... and then cried a little bit more. I joined SW a couple of weeks after that. I'm now back into the size 18's. :D

The day before I started SW I bought a pair of jeans in a sale for £5 in a size 22! Biggest I'd ever ever been - think that's what shocked me into starting the diet in the first place. I'm keeping them at my Mums now as I only go back home every few months so it's fun to compare the difference :)

I have got my size 24 white linen trousers i had to buy for my holiday in Marbella. They are the one thing i have kept.

x

i've kept a size 26 denim skirt which I wore all the time, then it got too tight to zip up. It stayed in my wardrobe for months, then I joined slimming world, was chuffed to bits when it fitted again by week 3 - then by week 6 it was on my hips and after that I couldn't risk it not falling down completely. But i've kept it folded at the bottom of the wardrobe. I want to take the picture that everyone else does at the end where they hold it out. Think that'll be quite a while yet, but slowly getting there.

okay, being nosey, which item of clothing have you kept from when you started on you're diet, to remind you of how far you've come? Mine is a size 30 coat, it was tight when i bought it, i'm now a size 20, and every time i try it on, i just know, i'm never going back:D:D

That is just so good.

Well done keep up the good work.

I have passed on all my clothes as they got too big -no way I can "grow back in to them" that way :p
But I have kept hold of a pair of size 32 jeans and a top that is about the same size ... Im now in 16s and 18s :D

My word Capricorn I am well impressed.

I have kept a size 30 pair of jeans....and thats it! As I drop down a size I sell everything thats bigger, I am now a size 12 bottom half and size 10 on the top. That way I cannot let myself put on any weight!

I've still got all my socks cos they still fit;)

I kept the odd shirt, trousers and especially an XXL suede jacket. It can easily fit two in and I plan to use that as a chat-up line when I'm ready to re-join that particular ballgame:p

Steve

Absolutely nowt, took the last lot to the charity shop this weekend just gone.

Aside from the freed up wardrobe space, it's an extra incentive not to put weight back on. It's one thing buying new clothes in a smaller size, but I'm sure as hell not going to be spending any hard earned cash on bigger sizes because I've fallen off the wagon!

I have clothes that at the min still feel ok on me and are not baggy yet. Sounds a bit backwards but I have clothes in my wardrobe that I have kept that I cannot get Into. Such as a small size 14 jeans that I ain't parting with! I shall get back into them. I shall keep something once
I've lost more lbs.

Ohh pp i have all my old cloths from everywhere from the size 6 right to the size 18 i'm going down a dress size at a time(though never wish to be a size 6 EVER again but lets just say there a warning for me) if i get back to a tend will be a happy bunny :D

Nothing, I've either given everything to charity or sold them on ebay (if they were nearly new). I've gone from a size 20 to a 14 in 6 months, and I'll be a 12 soon. Then I'll stop.

I don't want to be reminded of how big I was, its embarressing and I won't be going back there ever ever again!

Back