which northern county would you like to live in?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dancing, 28 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i've never lived in the northern counties and remember nothing of a visit up there as a child so I'd like some feedback from people please. I know there will differing opinions but I'd still like to hear your thoughts on the following counties as a place to live. Northumberland, Cumbria and Durham.

I know most about Cumbria (I know nothing about Durham) If you like either of these counties, where in particular? and why?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I dont know as far north as that, Im York - which is North enough lol and lovely xxx

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i've just seen your reply. Someone else suggested York but I know nothing of the place.... tell me more??

5. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well...... hmmmmm, its got lots to offer, very historic, very beautiful, but also lively and diverse. Thers the race course, the yorvik centre, the railway museum (all touristy things Ive thought of arent they!) Im about 20 mins away, thers obv lots of little villages and towns tht are surrounding it, if you moved what kind of work would you be thinking of? Check out this site
    Essential York Tourist Visitor Information Centre Travel Information
    my reply seems a bit vague, think its cos i dont know where to start,but any direct questions fire away xxx

6. Nellyphant

Nellyphant Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.93%)
    York is a beautiful city. I've been there a few times as it's not far from Hartlepool where my Dad and Aunt & Uncle live.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.