Which one to choose?

ab2013

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and the world of VLCD's. Exante seems to be the most appealing to me so far from searching around and i'm quite set on starting it. But is there anything i should know before making my final decision?

Many thanks in advance :)

Id totally recommend Slim and Save. Its cheaper than Exante and has much bigger choice. The meal packs and bars are delicious

Check out Slim & Save and SML diet. Actually both identical but prices slightly differ x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and the world of VLCD's. Exante seems to be the most appealing to me so far from searching around and i'm quite set on starting it. But is there anything i should know before making my final decision?

Many thanks in advance :)

i was having the same question coz m also a new member to this forum...

I did exante which was good but the choice was so limited in what you could have which made it not very sustainable.. I also find the offers and website more frustrating than a help.. I might look at slim and save as this seems like a cost effective alternative with alot more choice..I'm new to this site but hoping to get some good tips :))

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been sound sml for 2 weeks now and lost 19lb. U get 4 packs a day and there's always discounts flying about. Love it

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried exante and I can't stand the shakes but that's me. I started on slim and save and now I am using SML Diet packs which are yummy!

Check out Slim & Save and SML diet. Actually both identical but prices slightly differ x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just received my SML last week and wanted to clarify that they are not the same, 100% guarantee that. I only bought the SML stock after reading this post thinking it was but its not. I still have S&S Stock and have compared some like for like products and I will be going back to S&S once I have used up my SML supply.

S&S shakes and meals taste far nicer in my opinion x

Thanks for the replies, this thread has really helped me! I was originally on Lighterlife, until I moved to Jersey where they didn't have a group. I have since changed to Lipotrim but find that the choice is very limited - Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry shake or a Chicken soup... I'm seriously considering going for SML or Slim and Save, just trying to decide which one but actually I might try a little of both and see!

As long as I stay away from the bars I think I will be OK! always overate on bars at LL, argh!

I'm on LT and find the shakes to be nice enough that I'm happy drinking them daily at present (by week 6 it might be a different story). I have looked at S&S and will be looking to move over to them once I'm closer to my goal weight.

Decide if you want 3 or 4 packs per day. I decided on 3 as it meant I could establish a pattern of 3 meals, no snacks. That meant there were loads of different brands to try. I mix and match between them - they are all about 200 cals per pack and claim to offer 1/3 of the day's minimum nutrition. I have a shake for breakfast, a soup for lunch and a mealpack for tea. By mixing and matching I can get loads more flavours and variety, and can keep an eye on introductory or special offers. Also, I am coeliac and so have to order gluten free products. A lot of the savoury packs have gluten in them, so I can get a decent variety only by combining brands.

Some other things that might be important to you:
Exante shakes are much less sweet than other brands - I dissolve a couple of splenda tablets in a little bit of hot water and add to the mix if I want them sweeter, but i am finding them good for training my taste buds to enjoy less sweet flavours, and now I find some other brands too sweet.

All the soups taste like cuppa-soup. Everyone's chilli tastes the same to me- same factory??

Not all the brands do bars, or ready made shakes (which are very useful to put in your bag if you will be out all day) If that is important to you, it will limit your choices. I don't mean snack bars, I mean the proper 200 cal meal replacements.

Some brands use soya, some whey protein. I try to limit soya for health reasons, plus I really prefer the taste of whey protein. I quite like the meal packs made with fake mince, but the bars that are based on soya taste really really nasty to me.

I've never had a bad customer experience - I get a lot of marketing emails but I'm happy about that as I get to hear about special offers.

Remember - if you pick a brand and hate it, you can switch to another and then use up your mistakes slowly. I had 5 truly evil "red fruits" shakes that taste like bubblegum. I have one every Monday so that I can say the worst of that week is now over :)

I must admit the slim and save products do look like they have a big choice. Considered doing the full course for week 1 so I don't have to worry about planning any meals and having a shake or porridge for breakfast then a soup for dinner and a meal pack for tea, then the next week introducing chicken and rice for evening meals but keeping SandS for the daytime. However I am worried I'll slow down my weight loss when switching, even though I see they work the same way as LT.

Back