Which plan is best for vegetarians?

I'm veggie too and doing extra easy, I'm new to slimming world so don't know much about the red/green system but EE works well for me.

I'd say Extra Easy as you least get carbs on that one and more fruit/veg options. SP would probably be far too restrictive for a vegetarian

I'm a vegetarian too, and had my first attempt at SW back in 2010 when Green/Red were still a thing. As far as I remember it, there used to be a lot of people on this board who'd tell all the vegetarians to stick with green days, and that EE was pointless because once you take away the meat and fish, EE was basically just a more restricted version of green.

I think the main differences were that it permitted two of each A and B choices each day, but more importantly the Green plan had no requirement to eat any superfree (I think the definition of "superfree" changed at some point too).

I used to do green days a lot in my early attempts at SW, and despite decent losses to start with, I hit a wall with it really quickly. After a couple of months I reached a point with Green where I found myself frequently ignoring superfree and loading up on potato/pasta/quorn/etc all the time without touching salads, fruit or veggies. At the time it was a huge demotivator, but looking back at it totally unsurprising that a diet being about 90% starchy carbs didn't work too well when you have an appetite as big as mine. :) I think SW themselves realised that a lot of people were doing this and having really slow losses. EE gets better results - you get to eat all the same things, but the plan insists that you actually eat healthy stuff too!

Back