Which plan too choose???

loopzyloo

I'm confused by which plan to choose. Extra easy or red/green days! I know extra easy sounds the best way to go but I struggle to understand how it works as feel it's not really dis-similar to what I eat already! I fund it very easy to eat bigger portions than necessary too :( any advice would be appreciated. Looking to attend a class on Monday x

I'm wondering about all that too. I've been on SW for 2 weeks following EE and feel as though I'm eating actually more than I usually do - I've only lost a few pounds so maybe the other plans are more effective. EE is certainly very easy to stick to and you don't feel deprived at all. It is a way of eating I'm sure I could sustain long term but. like you, think my portion control will cause me problems

Are you going to a class or doing it at home? Im thinking in class I may be able to get advice from others experiences. I have a friend that swears by red/green days

The main idea to SW is to only eat till full and then stop eating. Doesnt matter which plan you choose. There are loads of people on here who have lost weight following EE or green or red. I am using EE and it going so far so good. Stick at whatever feels confortable for you or mix it up. Its a personal choice. Good luck. X

I have been 100% Extra Easy. To be honest if you having trouble understanding extra easy, red and green will drive you up the wall.

Extra Easy, is well, easy. You might feel like you are eating more. It is possible that more food is going into your mouth, that isnt a failing of the Extra Easy, but the key to its success. You arent adding oils, you arent adding sugars, you are cutting off all the visible animal fats off all the meat you eat, you fry only with a fine spray cooking oil like fry light, and every meal you have is balanced with a third from the superfree groups of food.

Eat your syns, eat your healthy extras and follow the rule for superfree, you will lose weight. Easy peasy.

broxi said:
I'm wondering about all that too. I've been on SW for 2 weeks following EE and feel as though I'm eating actually more than I usually do - I've only lost a few pounds so maybe the other plans are more effective. EE is certainly very easy to stick to and you don't feel deprived at all. It is a way of eating I'm sure I could sustain long term but. like you, think my portion control will cause me problems

"only lost a few pounds" in 2 weeks is spot on for sw btw :) x

ScarlettStar86 said:
"only lost a few pounds" in 2 weeks is spot on for sw btw :) x

I agree completely! I've had small constant losses. There not huge numbers like 3 lbs a week. Normally 1lb, highest I ever lost was first week 2.5. But over a year that's almost 50lbs!! Small losses = big loss :)

I do mainly green and EE days as I'm not a big meat eater. I love green as its 2 HEXBs which make the diet achievable for me, as I live cereal in the morning and it also means I can have nuts or a bread bun for lunch.

Just switch it up. On days you want to eat meat and pasta do EE. If its a no meat day do.green. Take it as you go!

Thanks for this advice, it's really helpful. I'm dying to get started. Think I will defo need the group support and weigh ins to keep me on track x

yes I recommend the group especially at the start, they have been giving me lots of tips and answering my questions. You also get on slimming world online site which is great and you get access to recipe books etc. Minimins is great too though. Good luck whatever you do and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm honestly loving it

Some good advice there. I actually do red and green only, and am at target now, have been for some time. You have chosen an extremely good weight loss plan/s and it is sustainable for life. Eat plenty of the right sort of food and the weight will fall off. I too wasnt a big loss person, the most I ever lost was 2.5lbs, normally I lost 1lb and towards target often only half a pound, but I got there and you will too if you follow plan. :)

loopzyloo said:
I'm confused by which plan to choose. Extra easy or red/green days! I know extra easy sounds the best way to go but I struggle to understand how it works as feel it's not really dis-similar to what I eat already! I fund it very easy to eat bigger portions than necessary too :( any advice would be appreciated. Looking to attend a class on Monday x

I do ee and love it..... as diets go I think its as close to "eating normally" as you can get which is why I love it so much no weighing or counting all I need to think about is my hex and syns and make sure I have my 1/3 superfree

Back