Which should I follow?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HungryHippos, 18 October 2011 Social URL.

1. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    Hello all, am new to this forum - been very helpful so for as I have lurked for a while :)

Ok i'm determined this time to loose as much weight as I can before christmas and I think slimming world will work..

Im shopping tomorrow and want to get rid of everything I shouldn't be having - so not tempted to rummage around the cupboards.

I have millions of questions but not sure where to put them - so I will start with asking which plan do you think I should be on? (as I dont know very much about each)

The problem is I would happily not eat anything as long as I could have something sweet each day (any sweets or chocolate) which plan would I be best on? Im not a big breakfast or lunch person - my main downfall is 6pm onwards...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrCharmed

MrCharmed Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(32.34%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You get the same syn allowance and sweet things are generally contain the same amount of syns on each plan so it wouldn't really matter. Though I would deffinitley recomend Extra Easy!

4. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I only do green days as Im vegetarian. I always eat breakfast now which I never did before. I eat quite alot each day & Im never hungry. I always use all 15syns ( I have about 5 stone to lose) I'll have something like a Ripple 9syns, Options hot choc drink 2 syns & a 'pkt' of skips 4syns everynight about 8.30pm & I really look fwd to it. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks. All 3 plans def work just depends on which one suits u best but u can chop & change. Good luck & welcome x

5. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    Oops. As I said, still new to this whole forum thing! I guess its really helpful to have opinions from people that know a lot more about slimming world than myself.

7. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    Thanks! I'm going to get cracking with extra easy I think (I hadn't realised it was 15 syns either, thought it was only 10) which is always good news! :D

8. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have quite a few stone to lose therefore I give myself 15syns but some people find they lose quicker by sticking between 5-10syns. Just depends what works for you.

9. MrCharmed

MrCharmed Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(32.34%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tbh though I dont know anyone in real life who has the full 15 syns so would stick to 10 if I was you x

10. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not sure what u mean by that! I'm real enough & enjoy my 15 syns per day. Lost 9lb in 3 weeks so obv working for me :)

11. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    MrCharmed, lots of us on here have the full 15 syns - including target members. The plan is 5-15 syns, so if you want the full 15 then you can :) I often do!

Just a thought, but if you're not eating much for breakfast or lunch, that's probably why you're starving post 6 o'clock. I used to think that skipping breakfast, and sometimes lunch, would make me lose weight - but it didn't. It just made me snack on chocolate and crisps on my way home from work, and then eat a massive dinner and pudding later in the evening.

Good luck on whatever SW plan you decide on - I do extra easy, and it works great for me :D

12. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use 15 syns a day sometimes.

I have a diary on here and my syns range anywhere from 2 - 15 and one slight 'blip' day where I had 40!!

13. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I had one tip for success, mine would be to eat breakfast. I was exactly the same as you, then got home at 6pm and ate. But as well as doing SW, my collegue is a sports health/nutritionist and he explained to me (in great detail) how the body functions and why breakfast is so important.

So I have changed, I still couldn't eat a huge cooked breakfast like some do, but I do have at least an alpen light bar and fruit just to get me going in the morning... it seems to have worked!

14. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    I'm certainly going to make myself eat breakfast! are alpen light bars free? or healthy extra instead of cereal?

15. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    2 alpen light bars (any flavour) are 1 Healthy extra B. I'm very lazy and can't be bothered to weigh out my cereal and I know if I guessed I would just get it wrong! So I go for the easy option of not having to weigh it!

16. Rattybabe

Rattybabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I normally have between 10 and 15 syns a day. If I start to plateau further down the line, then I'll cut them back, but whilst I'm losing weight, I'm going to enjoy them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.