Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Which should I follow?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HungryHippos, 18 October 2011 Social URL.

1. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    Hello all, am new to this forum - been very helpful so for as I have lurked for a while :)

Ok i'm determined this time to loose as much weight as I can before christmas and I think slimming world will work..

Im shopping tomorrow and want to get rid of everything I shouldn't be having - so not tempted to rummage around the cupboards.

I have millions of questions but not sure where to put them - so I will start with asking which plan do you think I should be on? (as I dont know very much about each)

The problem is I would happily not eat anything as long as I could have something sweet each day (any sweets or chocolate) which plan would I be best on? Im not a big breakfast or lunch person - my main downfall is 6pm onwards...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrCharmed

MrCharmed Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(32.34%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You get the same syn allowance and sweet things are generally contain the same amount of syns on each plan so it wouldn't really matter. Though I would deffinitley recomend Extra Easy!

4. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I only do green days as Im vegetarian. I always eat breakfast now which I never did before. I eat quite alot each day & Im never hungry. I always use all 15syns ( I have about 5 stone to lose) I'll have something like a Ripple 9syns, Options hot choc drink 2 syns & a 'pkt' of skips 4syns everynight about 8.30pm & I really look fwd to it. I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks. All 3 plans def work just depends on which one suits u best but u can chop & change. Good luck & welcome x

5. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    Oops. As I said, still new to this whole forum thing! I guess its really helpful to have opinions from people that know a lot more about slimming world than myself.

7. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    Thanks! I'm going to get cracking with extra easy I think (I hadn't realised it was 15 syns either, thought it was only 10) which is always good news! :D

8. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have quite a few stone to lose therefore I give myself 15syns but some people find they lose quicker by sticking between 5-10syns. Just depends what works for you.

9. MrCharmed

MrCharmed Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(32.34%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tbh though I dont know anyone in real life who has the full 15 syns so would stick to 10 if I was you x

10. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Not sure what u mean by that! I'm real enough & enjoy my 15 syns per day. Lost 9lb in 3 weeks so obv working for me :)

11. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    MrCharmed, lots of us on here have the full 15 syns - including target members. The plan is 5-15 syns, so if you want the full 15 then you can :) I often do!

Just a thought, but if you're not eating much for breakfast or lunch, that's probably why you're starving post 6 o'clock. I used to think that skipping breakfast, and sometimes lunch, would make me lose weight - but it didn't. It just made me snack on chocolate and crisps on my way home from work, and then eat a massive dinner and pudding later in the evening.

Good luck on whatever SW plan you decide on - I do extra easy, and it works great for me :D

12. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use 15 syns a day sometimes.

I have a diary on here and my syns range anywhere from 2 - 15 and one slight 'blip' day where I had 40!!

13. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I had one tip for success, mine would be to eat breakfast. I was exactly the same as you, then got home at 6pm and ate. But as well as doing SW, my collegue is a sports health/nutritionist and he explained to me (in great detail) how the body functions and why breakfast is so important.

So I have changed, I still couldn't eat a huge cooked breakfast like some do, but I do have at least an alpen light bar and fruit just to get me going in the morning... it seems to have worked!

14. HungryHippos

HungryHippos Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28.87%)
    I'm certainly going to make myself eat breakfast! are alpen light bars free? or healthy extra instead of cereal?

15. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    2 alpen light bars (any flavour) are 1 Healthy extra B. I'm very lazy and can't be bothered to weigh out my cereal and I know if I guessed I would just get it wrong! So I go for the easy option of not having to weigh it!

16. Rattybabe

Rattybabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I normally have between 10 and 15 syns a day. If I start to plateau further down the line, then I'll cut them back, but whilst I'm losing weight, I'm going to enjoy them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.