which VLCD is most popular?

meoww

Silver Member
I was just noting the numbers viewing each diets bit on the forum and particularly exante and s&s keep taking it in turns to be more popular.. and I wondered if anyone knew why? Just wondered if maybe they had some offers on or new products?
I wasnt really a fan of their stuff though just intrigued to know whats going on in the diet world!

Mind you I think s&s get better every day! new products and the new booklets you get with your packs are brilliant!

Don't know about S&S offers but I keep getting emails from Exante discounting their products and they were even on Groupon at the weekend doing a deal. It would be great if they actually tasted nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

haha! I had a leftover exante shake recently and it was ok..just so big! like drinking roux sauce! I think they boast being free from chemicaly things but meh if im eating 600 calories I want tasty chemicals.

anyway, not wanting to bash other vlcds they are all beautiful and unique.

My LL counsellor keeps texting me too and posting me letters! £15 off first month .. still pretty expensive!

Still way too expensive in my opinion. I don't think I have the option anyway as the consultant I used packed it in & became a private counsellor whilst her hubby became a Cambridge consultant! Not keen on them either. I think it was the Exante porridge and soup I wasn't keen on, can't remember what the shakes were like, or maybe I'm thinking of Kee packs, tried them all at some point I think. The only one I haven't seen on here is All about W8, they were quite nice :)

I was just noting the numbers viewing each diets bit on the forum and particularly exante and s&s keep taking it in turns to be more popular.. and I wondered if anyone knew why? Just wondered if maybe they had some offers on or new products?
I wasnt really a fan of their stuff though just intrigued to know whats going on in the diet world!

Mind you I think s&s get better every day! new products and the new booklets you get with your packs are brilliant!

The most popular and active vlcd's on MiniMins are Cambridge Weight Plan, Lipotrim followed by Exante and then Slim n Save.

I noticed a growing trend in members returning to the original plans like Cambridge Weight Plan, Lighter Life and Lipotrim as I think some members find they do better with one on one help and especially with a TFR like Lipotrim they like how strict and bland the diet is...this is what I am seeing from reading the forums.

Last edited:
Don't know about S&S offers but I keep getting emails from Exante discounting their products and they were even on Groupon at the weekend doing a deal. It would be great if they actually tasted nice :)

We don't allow...

[h=2]Groupon/coupons/vouchers/wowcher [/h]
Please do not post about coupons, vouchers, groupons or wowcher as they are not allowed.​

ooh I wasnt looking for deals here, just wondered what the trends were and for what reasons, if one company are giving out offers it might explain why they have become more popular but Im more interested in new products and flavours or programs.
Mind you im fairly happy with s&s atm anyway.

Interesting to hear the trends too, I dont know but Id guess that the diets where you get ongoing support from a consultant might have a better success rate and less people dropping out.

Cambridge, exante, lighter life and lipotrim are probably the best known of this type of diet. Most have done large amounts of advertising on tv, newspapers, magazines etc. Therefore they will often be the first ones people go for because they know they exist. Also they have consultants which many people will be used to through groups like SW and WW which many new VLCDers will have done before. Once people are on these diets they might look at finances and look for cheaper versions or decide they want more variety or they can do it alone. Then the versions such as S&S come in that aren't as well advertised.

that sounds about right to me!
I pretty much went with each one when Id heard of it and it got progressively cheaper as I started with LL -although the group sessions did really appeal to me and help at the time, I think maybe as Ive gone along Ive got more confident to go alone.

I tried exante first, it was my first attempt at a VLCD. I hated the soups from the go, they made me gag and the the shakes were ok, bearable I think the one I disliked the most was the chocolate I can't remember exactly. I then tried slim and save mainly because it worked out cheaper but was so happy to find I liked all their products I tried and had so much more to choose from back then compared to exante.

I'm currently doing slim and save again mainly for price but also the flexibility of the plan. If I ever do another VLCD in the future I'm sure it will be slim and save.

Back