Which way to go .....

yoyo-ohno

Hi Ladies,

Appreciate your thoughts on the following:

If your BMI is under 30 & you are struggling to remain abstinent on LL, is it better to switch to LLL or stick with LL?

I'm sure I will stay with LL as I have 3 weeks pre-paid but I'm wondering if an adult choice would be to swap as I am struggling with abstinence since lapsing a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure I'll get your honest thoughts ;)

... maybe the only differnence is the time it will take to get to goal & pehaps this would be the deciding factor ...?

hhhmmmmmm ........................

thoughts?

yoyo
xx

Hey Yoyo,

we actually discussed something similar at group tonight. One lady is losing so fast on abstinence that she is considering RTM before the 12 weeks is up.
She wants to get to 12 stone as she is very tall and her Dr is comfortable with her at that weight.

I guess it depends on what you feel is right for you ~ if you are struggling and quite happy to go onto LLL, then that's surely better than coming off the diet altogether. :)

Good luck hun. xx

Umm, tough one, as its got to be the right choice for you.

My gut reaction was, an adult choice would not be to take a way out that makes "cheating/lapsing" legal....but to stay the course and keep learning why you are lapsing, etc. As you willl need to conquer that at one point for maintenance, etc. Ya know? I hope that makes sense?

But you know yourself better then anyone, and you have to do this for YOU. If that means LLL, and you do it for the right reasons, then good on you. :) But - just be sure it is for the right reasons, and you don;t regret it later.

Good luck with you decision making - never an easy thing. :)

Thoughts from me

Stick with LL,
23lbs to go. You'll be there by Christmas.
No lapsing,no cheating.
You can't kid yourself.
You can do it. Get the support from your LLC and your group and focus on your goal.
You can do it.

Hey Yoyo

Have to say I agree with BL and SB. Stick it out, it's not long to go and you might always wonder what had have been, if you move onto light and still continue with the lapseing etc. As BL says perhaps you need to address the issue of why you lapse asn that could sabotage you long term.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Jez
xx

Yoyo, it does sound like you need to work on the CBT and need to abstain to do that effectively. Use the skills of your LLC and ask for a pop-in one-one session to discuss where your issues lie and possible strategies you could use.

You CAN do this!

I almost lapsed last night - I had already had four packs, but had an extra pack lined up - poured the powder into a bowl, put the kettle on - and then popped on to Minimins. I read BLs post on here and went and covered the bowl and made a hot flavoured water instead. Thanks BL!

Yoyo, it does sound like you need to work on the CBT and need to abstain to do that effectively. Use the skills of your LLC and ask for a pop-in one-one session to discuss where your issues lie and possible strategies you could use.

You CAN do this!

I almost lapsed last night - I had already had four packs, but had an extra pack lined up - poured the powder into a bowl, put the kettle on - and then popped on to Minimins. I read BLs post on here and went and covered the bowl and made a hot flavoured water instead. Thanks BL!

Yay for you TI!!!! WELL DONE! Happy I helped!! :D :D

xx

Although I'm agreeing with everyone here.... what about your finding it hard sticking to the full LL not by eating conventionally, but finding it a struggle getting all foodpacks in?

I had the same problem when I was on CD and even off abstinance can have times when I completely forget to eat for a few days (and other times where I eat wayyy way too much - lol)....
As far as switching to LLL whats your thoughts in that situation? I'm trying to work out if its some form of unconcious self-sabotage (ie. If I'm not giving myself the right nutrition then I shouldnt be on LL - which is a lot better excuse to tell yourself than not being able to stick to it.) or if its just a forgetting thing and the LLL programme would be better...

Any thoughts?

Hi,
Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to reply .... deep down for me, i know i need to suss out why the lapsing. So LL it is:)

Today is a new day, lets call it day 1 & I'll attack it with the same enthusiasm as I did 8 weeks ago:)

Thanks again

yoyo
xx

Brilliant way to think yo-yo!

You can do this, just remind yourself why you wanted it int he first place and you will get that great buzz feeling you have today!

Enjoy day 1 ;)

Kat xx

good luck on your 'day 1' today!
daisy x

Good on you Yoyo...you are doing so well. And the loss this week will help. Onwards and downwards. xx :p

Back