Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Whisk-Mugs

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by clairelesley, 27 November 2007 Social URL.

1. clairelesley

clairelesley Fairy Princess to Be

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've noticed a lot of people swear by 'em and I'm tempted to try coz I feel like I'm losing half of my packs getting stuck in my blender stick-thing. The only one I've spotted online is the 'Coffee Magic' one?
    I know Leah said she got hers from EBay but I think someone said they'd got one from a pound-saver shop and I wondered which one? I can't find the post now and delivery (ergo EBay or Amazon) isn't a convenient option for me here.
    So, has anyone seen these or similar in shops and, if so, where?
    Many thanks in advance
    :thankyou:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    Hi Claire

I love my coffee magic mug and look everywhere I go (and I travel to over 40 town centres some weeks) in case I can buy one from the high street anywhere, but not had any luck yet.

I now have 4 - all from ebay, although my first one is past it's best and needs binning.

I will keep my eyes open though and let you know what I come accross on my travels.

A
    x

4. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Wooo!!! I got a mention.
    I could buy one and send it to you if that helps? xxx

5. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I must be doing something wrong with mine, because I used it and it just got clogged up with lumps of powder :sigh:. Haven't tried it again since. Amber34 - any tips on where I'm going wrong would be well received, how do you use yours?

thanks

6. clairelesley

clairelesley Fairy Princess to Be

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you guys!
    Thanks Leah - the problem is actually the delivery aspect coz I'm out at work and if I miss delivery all the depots seem to be miles away and there doesn't even seem to be a post office near enough to where I work at the moment to arrange collection from there.
    Hopefully someone will spot something (thanks Amber) and if not I can do it online when I get home in a couple of weeks.
    :wavey:

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I think they are completely useless. I really don't understand how anyone manages to get them to get rid of the lumps with them. When I try (holding it at all different angles, with more and less water) the lumps just move around and bounce out of the whisky thing. I would say, don't waste your money. I would glady send you the one I bought free of charge - which shows how much I think it was a waste of money but you are welcome to try mine.

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

if you are looking for something that you can use at home then I HIGHLY recommend the kenwood frothie maker. It perfectly blends and it makes them cold or hot (it heats the water in very little time) i just wish they could create a smaller battery powered version

9. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    gotta be honest
    i got a coffee magic mug off ebay and loved it - - - for two days - - then teh swirly wheely whizzer thing fell off AND when i tried to unscrew the mug into two halves so i could wash the non mechanical part - the actual mug bit cracked

since then ive managed with an aerolatte and a fork

but i wont judge - perhaps i got a faulty one!

10. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    I usually put just enough cold water in to cover the whisk, a little buit of hot then add my sachet. Once that is smooth, I add the rest of the hot water, whisking all the time. I have never tried to make a cold shake in them though and always use my smoothie maker for cold ones so I can add ice - I wonder if that is what is different?

I must admit I received one from ebay that didn't work properly, but I dropped him a quick email and had a new one within a few days and didn't have to return the faulty one. Basically, they are a cheapo, non-quality product that have potential to fall apart very quickly, but they cause a lot less fuss and washing up than using my smoothie maker or even stick blender.

11. blue_grapefruit

I had lumps at the beginning but i tried various ways of mixing.

I put the right amount of water in the cup, and press the whisk button. I then add the sachet into the "whirlpool" bit by bit and voila - No lumps.
    Been using it for months now, hot or cold!

12. blue_grapefruit

And with washing, mine has been accidentaly submerged a few times and still works brilliantly.

It keeps getting scratched cos i keep my engagement ring on while washing dishes so the diamond has cut a few nice big scratches.
    I tend to fill it to the brim with hot water and washing up liquid and whizz!!! Hahaha brilliant xxxx

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ok I pledge to try again with mine with different amounts of water ... maybe mine just doesn't twirl around quickly enough??

14. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save

That's exactly what I did - but I ended up with a lumpy mess! I'll give it another go before I consign it to the bin!

15. slimangel

slimangel Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    HI I just bought two in town on monday. They are brill for work!!! they cost me £1.oo each and I got them from pound city not pound land. P.s I live in glasgow so it was glasgow city centre.
    i'm sure there are others around though!!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.