White bread

Estrella

Has any of you used a lesser amount of white bread instead of wholemeal? I've had a slice from the tiny loaf of warburtons white toasty bread. Would it be ok to use one of these as a heb? I know you're not supposed to but would it make a terrible difference to my weight loss? X

I personally changed to wholemeal when I started sw and tbh I wouldn't go back to white bread now as I honestly don't think there's an overly big difference in taste (none at all if toasted which is how I eat mine)
I'd say the general response to this would be no, it's not outlined as ok by sw and the reason (as far as I can gather) is due to the greater nutritional content including fibre in wholemeal. I'd say give wholemeal a go and you'll soon forget about white bread. Good luck.

No sorry it would not count as a HEB - if you want white bread why not just use one of the white options on the list hun :)

Thanks guys. No I do always normally eat wholemeal as I prefer it. But today I am at work and this bread was the only one available and I only have a tin of spaghetti. But I ate it! Grr now I'm annoyed. Lol. Been so bad the last few days coz works been chaos (I'm a florist) and working late nights. So been eating take aways and chocolates for quickness :( trying to be good today and stuffed it up already!!!

At the end of the day hun, regardless of what SW rules say, all diets work on the basis that calories in must be less than calories burnt off for weight loss to happen. The calorific value of the white bread isn't going to be vastly different to that of wholemeal, so don't bead yourself up over something you had no control over at the time. Spaghetti on toast is a far better choice than a lot of choices at this time of year, so you should feel pleased about that :) xx

Thanks girls. Although I failed again. Haha. Standing for 14 hours with 2 breaks isn't great for the diet especially customers bringing in home made cookies and tablet. Only just finished work. Had a take away again tonight! Damn my job!! Lol :( x

At the end of the day hun, regardless of what SW rules say, all diets work on the basis that calories in must be less than calories burnt off for weight loss to happen. The calorific value of the white bread isn't going to be vastly different to that of wholemeal, so don't bead yourself up over something you had no control over at the time. Spaghetti on toast is a far better choice than a lot of choices at this time of year, so you should feel pleased about that :) xx

I totally agree with this too xxx

I have either wholemeal or some weeks multi seeded brown bread. I have kept a food diary since I started and I cannot tell by my weight which weeks I eat the "banned" multiseeded!! Enjoy and just forget any small "cheats".

I know your not meant to but if im off out for a meal and know im gonna use extra syns i dont have my h extras hextras are 5-6 syns each so if I dont have them thats 12 syns .... Sometimes if im out i have White instead of wholemeal because thats the only choice i just make sure the White bread Is only 6 syns worth .... Then any extra weight i add more syns ....

Back