White Wine Spritzer

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Louisep3, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Louisep3

Louisep3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All
    I am new to SW this week and a little bit confused on how many syns are in a spritzer, the book says a 250ml spritzer is 5.5 syns, if i asked at my local for that i'd be given a large measure of wine (250ml) topped up with ice and soda...
    this doenst seem right thoguh as generally a large galss of wine is about 9 syns.

Also whats the view on saving your syns for the weekend rather than using all 15 every day?

Thanks in advance
    Lou

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That will be for a small wine I think. It would be more if they use a large wine

SW don't recommend saving your syns because it can lead to binging but a lot of people do it and it works for them. Depends if you are able to get back on the wagon after a syn splurge.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The only syns in a spritzer are for whatever wine is in it so if your local serves you 250ml of wine then you need to syn that - 9 syns.

Normally a spritzer would be half and half wine and sparkling water, adding up to 250ml in total - so only 125ml wine, which would be about 5.5 syns.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.