Who else Is Being good over xmas?

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Ok ive seen so many going off track posts and hardly any people seem to be trying to keep the naughtyness to a minimum at mo ..... I had a mince piè yesterday but counted the 12 syns and have not touched the Big box of celebrations thats going round

My Xmas Dinner Is Being cooked by me and Is TOTALLY SYN FREE

ok so im not totally perfect yesterday having strepsils took me 2 syns over my 15 and im out for a meal to chinese on thurs but saving all my syns and not drinking so that should help reign it in

Is anyone else trying hard to keep on straight and narrow

Me:) I really don't want to gain loads of weight over Xmas and have to shift it in the new year. I'm planning on flexi-sinning Xmas and boxing day (25 syns max per day) but I'm still planning on doing some body magic on both days. Thank you for making this thread, I was just about to go sod it I'll eat what I want but I know I'll regret doing that. I'm not expecting to lose but I will be happy with a maintain.

Me! Last year I put 6lb on over Christmas - not to mention the extra I put on over New Year! I really don't want that to happen again this year. Since September, I've been working on getting the same 8.5lb off and I'm just about there now (1lb to go!!). I really don't want to undo all of that hard work.

So, what's my plan? My normal WI is a Tuesday, and obviously next Tuesday will be the big day! Thankfully, my lovely C is putting on a drop in session on Sunday, just to help keep us all on track ahead of Christmas. I'm going to be extra good in the next 5 days to make sure that the last pesky 1lb is gone by then. After that, our next WI is another drop in on the following Sunday (30th). I plan to be super good for the whole week, and the only day I'm actually planning on going off plan is Boxing Day!

I've sat and written out my meal plans for the whole week and am going to be trying desperately to stick to them. I find that I can get away with saving all of my weeks Syns for one or two days, and still manage a loss. I know not everyone can get away with this but I do this on a regular basis so I know I will be fine! I have worked out that my Christmas dinner will be roughly 3 Syns, and then I'll have a drink and maybe a chocolate or two, using up a few more of my weekly Syns. Boxing day will be the day I will use up the majority of my Syns - I have people coming over for food (all SW style so will be Syn free) & drinks (not so Syn free lol!), and then we're going out on the town. The day after boxing day I'll be straight back on plan and will continue to be so for the rest of the week!

I would love a little loss after Christmas, but would equally be happy with a maintain. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

How I admire you all for your strength and dedication. You all deserve to reach target sooner rather than later.

I am afraid I am a real baddy but at nearly 70 years old I think a bit of what I fancy will not do me any harm.

We have 10 people here for lunch on Boxing Day and the food will be sumptious and naughty. I will hold back a fair bit but will not be missing out on my superduper menu. I certainly will not be pigging out but will not miss out on anything.

I am going to try and stick to plan the best i can, although over xmas time it is not always easy as we are out visiting friends and family for dinner so will have to just try and choose wisely.
I am on my first night out too this friday, whereas loads of people at my class have been out a few times a week over Dec, i have not yet been out.
So thinking i deserve a good night with the girls :)

As for xmas at home, i have got tons of salad, meats, veg, fruit stocked up and some low calorie beer for me too. xxx

Its the alcohol with me! Everything revolves around drink lol, even tho I'm probably only gonna drink xmas day and then im working boxing day, will prob stick to vodka diet tonics, but i would rather save my syns for that, i sound like an alchy ha im not i promise ;)

wish they weren't empty calories :(

Ive made Xmas Dinner totally syn free so I have syns for booze lol syn free paté healthy extra toast full roast with syn free gravy even bought syn free sausages and sausagemeat I am synning my pud got baileys choc pots to make from novembers mag think theyre 4 syns and sticking to vodka

Ive made Xmas Dinner totally syn free so I have syns for booze lol syn free paté healthy extra toast full roast with syn free gravy even bought syn free sausages and sausagemeat I am synning my pud got baileys choc pots to make from novembers mag think theyre 4 syns and sticking to vodka

Cant go wrong with vodka ;)

Me! Last year I put 6lb on over Christmas - not to mention the extra I put on over New Year! I really don't want that to happen again this year. Since September, I've been working on getting the same 8.5lb off and I'm just about there now (1lb to go!!). I really don't want to undo all of that hard work.

So, what's my plan? My normal WI is a Tuesday, and obviously next Tuesday will be the big day! Thankfully, my lovely C is putting on a drop in session on Sunday, just to help keep us all on track ahead of Christmas. I'm going to be extra good in the next 5 days to make sure that the last pesky 1lb is gone by then. After that, our next WI is another drop in on the following Sunday (30th). I plan to be super good for the whole week, and the only day I'm actually planning on going off plan is Boxing Day!

I've sat and written out my meal plans for the whole week and am going to be trying desperately to stick to them. I find that I can get away with saving all of my weeks Syns for one or two days, and still manage a loss. I know not everyone can get away with this but I do this on a regular basis so I know I will be fine! I have worked out that my Christmas dinner will be roughly 3 Syns, and then I'll have a drink and maybe a chocolate or two, using up a few more of my weekly Syns. Boxing day will be the day I will use up the majority of my Syns - I have people coming over for food (all SW style so will be Syn free) & drinks (not so Syn free lol!), and then we're going out on the town. The day after boxing day I'll be straight back on plan and will continue to be so for the rest of the week!

I would love a little loss after Christmas, but would equally be happy with a maintain. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Ive got my wi on the next two sundays too cant wait

Me! I just got my Five Stone award and don't want to loose it!
We have weigh in on Christmas Eve and NYE, I am trying to be 100% on plan this week, even going to try some success express days, I want a good loss on Monday if I can.

Christmas day I have planned a syn free meal, and tea will be home made syn free scotch eggs and salmon sandwiches with my hex b, my favourites. Got in plenty of Pomegranates to keep me busy.

Me :D I am determined to lose half a stone by New Years Eve - that's my goal date. I have 3lbs off so far, so 4lbs to go - should be doable, just got Christmas standing between me and my goal date.

It's my birthday on Christmas day too, so I'm not going to be totally on plan that day, I am going to flexy syn it. I am having prawn cocktail for starter for which I'll make the marie rose sauce myself with FF fromage frais, steak and salad for main (never was a turkey fan!) and sticky toffee pud for dessert - that's my main indulgence but I'm making it myself so I shall be able to carefully manage the synnage.

well went out for tea tonight as hubby is working alot over xmas (chef) so we just went to sizzler i had steak and chicken combo with a side salad and jacket it came with piri piri sauce and the salad had a little honey and mustard dressing on it only used a bit of piri piri so called that 2 syns and the salad dressing called that 2 syns to be safe too so (4 syns) total then had a choc bar when i got home (11 syns)

so in total today ive had bang on 15 :)

got a meal out at the chinese tomorrow with the lads from work i always tend to have my fave fillet steak in cantonese sauce with extra peppers and onions and boiled rice

DO YOU THINK 15 SYNS WILL BE ENOUGH FOR THE CANTONESE SAUCE?

im prob not gonna have my hextras tomorrow to help compensate for chinese too so will have extra veg (fibre) and more yogurt (calcium)to make up for it

I will be! Working nights all over xmas so can't get too excited about food so only buying food for a SW xmas dinner! However, NY eve DH is cooking a scrummy off plan meal, nibbles NY day & then back on plan from the 2nd. So, 2 days off plan over the holidays isn't too bad!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Really hope ive done enough for my meal out tonight ive not had my hextras or any syns and had no carbs today either ..... Im having fillet steak in Cantonese sauce and boiled Rice i know i can have Lower syn sauces than Cantonese but I dont see the point in Eating something i dont like :)

I think this is a great thread! When I said I said I wanted a loss in group tonight (only 0.5lb to take me back to my 1st loss) some members were shocked! I don't plan on going overboard for just one day!

My mum is cooking Christmas dinner and she has recently joined SW too so is planning on making it as SW friendly as she can - all bar the gravy, I know she wont change that!

I am going to start the day with a nice big SW breakfast, eggs smoked salmon, bacon, mushroom etc and lucky for me I don't drink a huge amount. I'm not a big chocolate eater, way more into savoury stuff so I am going to take a small bag of popcorn to snack on and some hi-fi bars (perfect for watching christmas movies!!). Christmas dinner is early evening in my house so I just need to plan a tasty mid afternoon snack!

Its just the cheese I will need to watch out for - especially at my boyfriends parents! I am going to try and save my HEA for this!

Good luck everyone!

I think this is a great thread! When I said I said I wanted a loss in group tonight (only 0.5lb to take me back to my 1st loss) some members were shocked! I don't plan on going overboard for just one day!

My mum is cooking Christmas dinner and she has recently joined SW too so is planning on making it as SW friendly as she can - all bar the gravy, I know she wont change that!

I am going to start the day with a nice big SW breakfast, eggs smoked salmon, bacon, mushroom etc and lucky for me I don't drink a huge amount. I'm not a big chocolate eater, way more into savoury stuff so I am going to take a small bag of popcorn to snack on and some hi-fi bars (perfect for watching christmas movies!!). Christmas dinner is early evening in my house so I just need to plan a tasty mid afternoon snack!

Its just the cheese I will need to watch out for - especially at my boyfriends parents! I am going to try and save my HEA for this!

Good luck everyone!

Cheese mmmmm if you like blue cheese the laughing cow light blue cheese triangles are awesome and you get 4 for a hex a really tasty and perfect for 4 hex B ryvitas

Cheese mmmmm if you like blue cheese the laughing cow light blue cheese triangles are awesome and you get 4 for a hex a really tasty and perfect for 4 hex B ryvitas

Oh I never thought about taking those! I love the blue cheese one! Thank you. I think I will make my own cheese and 'crackers' lunch box to take with me! And a pot of homemade hummus ;)

I love them but can not buy them here so my lovely sis brought about a dozen packs when she came over 2 weeks ago. They have such a long sell by date so they are o.k. They make a fantastic blue cheese dressing for hot meats.

I am so looking forward to Christmas now and will be as good as possible but as Christmas day is at the Chinese it will not be that easy. Boxing day I have the reins in my hands as I am doing all the cooking . As previously said earlier in this thread I will have a little of what I fancy without going to mad.

i-love-christmas-red.jpg

Is anyone having a buffet over Xmas?
Im making one on Xmas eve and making it mostly SW friendly so that I can tuck in without feeling guilty too.
my buffet will consist of:

Fresh meats such as ham, beef, chicken
Sainsburys chicken satay sticks (0.5 syns each and they are gorgeous)
Mini homemade quiches
Ritz crackers (2 syns each)
Cheeses such as laughing cow light blue, babybels, low fat cheddar
Massive bowl of salad
fresh melon and satsumas
Sw chunky chips/wedges made in the Actifry
Batchelors savoury rice
Velvet Crunch crisps (4 syns a pack)
Mullerlight yogurts
Sainsburys low alcohol Czech lager, 500ml bottle (1 syn)
Lots of nice diet pops such as diet coke, cherryade, lemonade, pineapple & grapefruit.

And for the non SW'ers the only extras will be:
Walkers crisps
chocolates
sausage rolls
Tiger bread
Carling cans
Chardonnay wine

I want to keep it as simple as I can with not too much to choose from so we don't go crazy.
Then on Xmas day we are having a 3 course meal in a hotel therefore I will eat whatever is put in front of me xxx

Last edited:
Back