who is naughty on weigh in day!!

Leeanne910

Gold Member
Just crossed my mind... I used to treat on days i got weighed....

Anyone do.this?

Start:: 217lb current:: 219lb...Goal:: 154lb 65lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 24lb to go!!

When i first joined SW i used to get weighted on a Thursday Evening, at 5pm, and i used to treat myself to a chinese, then would be back on plan on Friday....

but now i get weighted on a Thursday Morning at 9am, and i dont treat myself because its now just a normal on plan day

I also think that its helps my weight loss for not having that chinese very week...

JD

I get weighed on a Monday at 4.30pm, and after class I'll have a SW friendly meal as usual, and will use any syns I have on treats. Sometimes I'll have a Chinese (within my syns). Tonight, I'm going out for a meal with a friend to a Harvester, so I know already what I'll be having and it will be within the syns I have left for this week. I think it's a bit bonkers to sabotage next week's weight loss by going off plan after weigh in!

I weigh on an evening and usually have some sort of chocolatey treat after.... I know at lot of people frown in it but it's my way of stayin in control.... If I didn't have that treat I know I would lose it during the week and it would be a million times worse.

I weigh on an evening and usually have some sort of chocolatey treat after.... I know at lot of people frown in it but it's my way of stayin in control.... If I didn't have that treat I know I would lose it during the week and it would be a million times worse.

I understand that- and I think that if you're going to have an 'off plan' treat, then the best time to do it is after weigh in!

I think i.might stick.to.a.little treat i also have choc....or i might go crazy all week. But once my weightloss is affected and.is like.non exisistant i will.stop.it.... :)

Start:: 217lb current:: 219lb...Goal:: 154lb 65lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 24lb to go!!

clairebrookes said:

I absolutely agree. By wi on an tea time I have to stay in control all day to be good. Then by time I wi I don't have much time to fall off track but having some nice chocolate or a nice treat keeps me feeling like I've had a proper treat and stay on track til the next week. Also we usually get a take away on a Thursday night after shopping which would be good after my wi to go shopping and maybe have a half portion take away as a treat so its within my syns x

I normally have a takeaway on wi night, helps me get rid of cravings for the up coming week. In my house we have takeaway once a week an iv managed to wangle it to my wi night of Monday now so works out well :) I don't think it affects my losses at all as I aim not to have any other meals out/takeaways etc through the rest of the week only home cooked food

i don't but if I am eating out I try and arrange to be on Tues/Weds after my monday weigh in, but I always opt for a carvery or harvester.

Urm this isn't something i do. Possibly because i made up my mind to stop using food as a treat. If i want to treat myself if its been a good weigh in, ill get me some makeup, have a scour through the sales or charity shops, or what i tend to do put a couple quid, sometimes more, into a
Jar for every pound loose. So when i get to target got some money saved to get me some new threads :)

When I did WW weigh in was a wed evening and I would have a blow out afterwards. Eventually though I found that it was really difficult to get back on plan and despite doing this numerous times with numerous diets I did not make the connection! Now I weigh in on Tuesday morning and the rest of the day is a normal day. I also think when I had an evening weigh in I would starve all day so after weigh in I would end up bingeing which became such a dreadful cycle trying to get back on track. So I don't do it now and if I want to "treat" myself I do it with things that are not food based and it helps me remain happier with my weight loss and not get into the binge starve cycle again which is so destructive for me. I am determined this time to make it work and I have sabotaged my progress in the past with having my head in the wrong place that I have had to do things very differently this time round. For people that this works for without the negative consequences, why not if it keeps you on track. Just does the opposite for me :-(

PurpleSky said:
Urm this isn't something i do. Possibly because i made up my mind to stop using food as a treat. If i want to treat myself if its been a good weigh in, ill get me some makeup, have a scour through the sales or charity shops, or what i tend to do put a couple quid, sometimes more, into a
Jar for every pound loose. So when i get to target got some money saved to get me some new threads :)

Our replies crossed PurpleSky. I totally agree with you and might try some of your treats

Using food in that manner was the thing which made me get so big. I've stopxped eating in an emotional sense. And also with the weight loss you feel better about your self so treating yourself to things which make you feel good ie pair of shoes are a good way of saying well done without being something which could effect your losses. Before i get shouted at i can see peoples pov on it. Its just for me it would be a terribly negative thing

I weigh in on a saturday morning, and I go for my lunch after, which I usually class as a treat, even though its normally just a baked potato with tuna mayo and salad. I think I class that mayo as a treat because I barely have mayo any more. I used to have it all the time, and I dont think I have bought any for about two years now!
I will sometimes have a treat midweek, but will save syns for that day to have it - usually a chicken kebab or chow mein. They are treat enough without breaking the syn budget really.

Using food in that manner was the thing which made me get so big. I've stopxped eating in an emotional sense. And also with the weight loss you feel better about your self so treating yourself to things which make you feel good ie pair of shoes are a good way of saying well done without being something which could effect your losses. Before i get shouted at i can see peoples pov on it. Its just for me it would be a terribly negative thing

Yes - I agree. I have tried to stop using food in an emotional way too. For example not viewing it as a treat or a reward and not considering certain foods as "naughty" so I don't get a cheap thrill eating them. I try to have neutral feelings about food so I am not on a cycle of cheap thrills/rebellion/guilt from it. That doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy it - I do. But I try to enjoy it for it's own sake, not as something to liven up my life. And I have varying degrees of success, mind you. I can still talk myself into eating something as a treat, because I deserve it etc.

pudnpie said:
Yes - I agree. I have tried to stop using food in an emotional way too. For example not viewing it as a treat or a reward and not considering certain foods as "naughty" so I don't get a cheap thrill eating them. I try to have neutral feelings about food so I am not on a cycle of cheap thrills/rebellion/guilt from it. That doesn't mean to say I don't enjoy it - I do. But I try to enjoy it for it's own sake, not as something to liven up my life. And I have varying degrees of success, mind you. I can still talk myself into eating something as a treat, because I deserve it etc.

One of my main aims in joining slimming world is to change my relationship with food. I went from a huge bag of maltesers everyday (along with other crap like crisps, biscuits etc) to having a bag of sharing maltesers only after weigh in... That's now been reduced to a marsbar after weigh in. I hope to eventually get to the point where I can just leave the chocolate and feel satisfied enough with a Hifi bar.
I hope I can eventually drink tea again soon since I had to stop drinking it because I associate it so closely with biscuits and chocolate that even one cup brings on the cravings..... It's strange the amount of power food has over you!

I do :) I don't see it as a treat though. Last week I went the gym after WI and needed something quick so I chose some Italian food as it's quite synny but not too crazy like a takeaway. I've saved it for after WI tomorrow as well and made sure it's a green day tomorrow so I can use things as hexs. If you can control it and not binge then there's no harm. But I think putting it on your food diary is good as then it's not 'secret' food. 'secret' food was totally my downfall.

Meliososo said:
I do :) I don't see it as a treat though. Last week I went the gym after WI and needed something quick so I chose some Italian food as it's quite synny but not too crazy like a takeaway. I've saved it for after WI tomorrow as well and made sure it's a green day tomorrow so I can use things as hexs. If you can control it and not binge then there's no harm. But I think putting it on your food diary is good as then it's not 'secret' food. 'secret' food was totally my downfall.

Absolutely everything I eat goes in my food diary..... I used to be a secret food type to the point of snesking my bedroom rubbish bin out at night so no one in the house saw all the empty packets and agree that it was my downfall too..... It just adds to the stigma of food IMO!

I don't specifically 'treat' myself after I've weighed in with food as some kind of reward for weightloss but I do treat myself every single night with weightwatchers choc wafers/alpen light choc orange/alpen light double chocolate bars. (Total chocoholic here!) - it's just my way of using my syns. Like other posters every morsel of food that passes my lips is recorded in my lifelineonline diary, even things like water!

I have been doing slimming world for over a month now and I make sure that every main meal, breakfast lunch and dinner is totally free - so when I treat myself at night in front of the telly I do so using my syns and/or my healthy extras and remain totally on plan whilst feeling that I'm not missing out on the good stuff every day. I don't mind having totally free meals at all and always feel satisfied :)

If I fancy a chinese or anything then I will have it - but the key thing is I don't order it from the takeaway, I make it myself - found a great recipe online for syn free chicken fried rice, better than the real thing IMO! It makes me feel good knowing I can remain totally on plan and still eat stuff like this!

I weigh on a morning, with a full day of work afterwards, so it's always been just another on plan day for me, think I prefer to get every week off to as perfect a start as possible to set me up for a good result the next week.

Back