Who is SS-ing thru Christmas!!

Who is SS-ing through Christmas?? I am!! I initially wanted to *allow myself to enjoy Xmas* but then I thought to myself: and then what?? I will have gained a lot of lbs that I worked so hard to lose! And then I will probably feel like I messed up so much already, why not just keep eating? I've been through this cycle sooo many times with so many diets. I always find an excuse to break my diet and then stuff myself! But this stops now!!! I deserve to be healthy!! I don't need food to enjoy myself!! I need food as fuel and nutrition, not as entertainment! It's time I treat my body with respect! It might take me a very long time for me to get to my goal, but I WILL DO IT!!!!
Sorry for my passionate post, I had a very motivating epiphany just now lol! :D:p

Hey! It's really nice to hear of your dedication! It was my birthday the first week I started and I had loads planned to enjoy it but I said to myself no, if I'm going to do this diet, I'm going to do it properly! My friends kept trying to make me drink but I didn't so I know exactly what you mean. I'm going away over Christmas so I can't say I'll be joining you in the continuous SSing but I'll hopefully restrain myself (a bit) and pick up where I left off in the new year! Good luck on your journey, I hope you stick to your guns and enjoy Christmas for what it really is :) xxx

I definetly will be having some roasties and a yorkie and a pudding! Won't be eating as much as I used to but I am going to enjoy Christmas and have a few wines with the family. I think I'm gonna move up to step 3 on Boxing Day but I'm definetly having Xmas off x

Wow Healthy&Strong that's brilliant dedication! I will not be SSing from 22nd Dec which is my
Wedding anniversary through to New years day, although I plan on having some days SS in the middle of that just to try and limit the damage I'll have been SSing 5 weeks by then and I think it will be an interesting test for me. I'd like to see if I can manage to have a sensible attitude towards food and enjoy what I'm cooking for the family (having people to ours this year) without going crazy and stopping when satisfied and also not wanting to undo my hard work.
I really admire your dedication though, fantastic. You deserve extra big losses that week!

the only two days i wont ss is xmas and boxing day! i will still stay on plan and i will have a shake for two meals and then enjoy one meal with the family but just try avoid really high carb foods such as rice and potatoes etc!!

Protein and low fat foods as much as possible!! i'm not expecting a loss but as long as i dont gain i can live with that!!

good luck to you my dear u deserve to have the losses and i'll be cheering for you when you do!! xx

I'm going to attempt to ss over christmas because I no if I stop I'll struggle to restart and I have to lose as much as possible before April. I don't really celebrate christmas, in fact I don't like it. But with all the goodies around there is always temptation but I will endevour to be strong

I'm sole sourcing through Christmas this year as I don't want to fall off track (it's so hard from my past experience to get back on after going back to 'normal' eating). Who'd of thought that being on my own this Christmas has a positive! (Not having to be surrounded by food/people stuffing themselves).

Same here, I'm ss-ing over Christmas. I don't see the point in stopping and putting on a few lbs that I worked so hard for only for the rest of the week to work those off again. If I stick to it I also don't have to go through 'getting into ketosis-hell' again.

I'm also SSing through Christmas I know if I take a break I can't get back on track so just staying 100% no matter what. Though I might be done with SS by Christmas - depending on how fast I lose this last stone.

I'm there! I started back on as today after havin my first baby. He is 17 weeks today. I currently weigh less than when I did Cambridge the first time but weigh more than when he was born! Time to think Thin and get back into all my lovely clothes. Christmas is an excuse to eat ridiculous amounts of food and then feel awful afterward. That's why I'm starting now. Damage limitation. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband who doesn't expect anything!

It was my 22nd birthday back in May, i pigged out and had a few treats and didn't put a single pound on.

I've also just had 3 months off plan, again, not put a pound on, infact i lost weight!

So for me, i shall deffinately be off plan christmas eve, christmas day & boxing day. 3 days off to enjoy myself with all the festive goodies! Can't wait to have a nice roast with gravy and all the trimmings, i'll probably skip pudding as i've lost all cravings for sweet things since losing 7 stone!

Can't wait :)

I'm probably not going to SS through Christmas. But at the moment, I do have good intentions. I'm not planning on troughing everything in sight (for once) because I always, always regret it because of how uncomfortable and ill it makes me feel. Soooo not worth it. So I'm probably going to give myself a calorie allowance and stick to it.

The first time I did Cambridge I did a slight variation of 790 - there was no such thing as SS+ back in 2007 (790 was the predecessor to 810). On Christmas Day I just had turkey, broccoli, cauliflower and a little bit of sausage meat (cos I lurve it!) and to my annoyance found I'd gained a pound at next weigh in, despite being so "virtuous". :D But I seem to recall I had a 5lb loss the next week once I was back on plan, so it didn't make much difference in the longer term.

I'm actually starting to get a bit nervous re Xmas. I am so looking forward to it, especially as I have my parents coming to us for xmas day for the first time in aaaages.But I'm scared I'm going to lose control of my eating. I honestly don't think I can SS through xmas. I don't want to be miserable but at the same time I desperately don't want to undo all my hard work and risk not being able to get back on it again. I'm also worried about not being in ketosis - I haven't felt this good and light and alert in sooo long. I don't want to go back to the old sluggish me!Maybe an Atkins xmas of meat veg and cheese is the way to go....I guess I'll just have to man up and dust off that will power!

Marshflower that sounds like a plan!!! i intend to do the same!! i'm taking my shales with me for breaky and dinner and i know for sure there will be plenty of chicken at the table so that and veg will be the way to go and i shall leave promptly after lunch on boxing day (which will most likely be fish!!) to avoid any temptations!! my brother struggles with diabetes so cuz of that there are always high protein low carb options at the table!! its two days two meals and for the rest i shall stay on track!!

i need to gain some of your guys will power im a defeatist! i am new to all this and im in a vicious circle i normally get called fat on an eve out either by the demons in my head or men on street... so i eat to comfort my self im sure many people do this...
but now im on a path of self help and want to help me be me and g back to my pre baby bodY! if this is possible!
it has been lovely coming a cross this site & to be enlightened that im not alone in a weight loss effort .. so here goes i guess ... xx

Beth x

aaww beth my dear i need to use all the energy within me to summon all the will power in the world and i will still give in a little here or there!! my target is to not gain simples!!

Back