Total Solution Who Knows??

yumymumywanabe

Fat be-gone
Ok so im starting my exante diet in 4 days time and i just wanted to know... Who knows you are on this diet, i think it is so drastic that i haven't told anyone apart from my husband who i live with so couldn't even if i wanted to and also my sister who lives 200 miles away she lives across the road from my parents but is on the strictest of orders not to tell anyone, i dont know why i dont want any one to know i think its mainly because i dont want to be explaining every 10 minutes to different people what is involved how it wont kill me ect, so was wondering am i the only one thats keep this diet a secret, im no way ashamed and its my choice how i lose weight, i just dont want to be telling the story of how and what every day

My husband is the only one I've told too! I just can't be doing with being told how bad it is that I won't keep the weight off etc then family trying to tempt me with food!!

Everyone knew about me doing a VLCD. I couldn't be bothered hiding it from anyone or explaining fast weight loss. It was just easier for me to tell everyone and be done with it- yes I got questions but I was clearly still healthy doing it. I got the odd 'it's not healthy, why don't you just exercise etc' but just ignored it to be honest. My mum was the worst but she's struggling along on weight watchers losing 2 pounds a month...

yumymumywanabe said:
Ok so im starting my exante diet in 4 days time and i just wanted to know... Who knows you are on this diet, i think it is so drastic that i haven't told anyone apart from my husband who i live with so couldn't even if i wanted to and also my sister who lives 200 miles away she lives across the road from my parents but is on the strictest of orders not to tell anyone, i dont know why i dont want any one to know i think its mainly because i dont want to be explaining every 10 minutes to different people what is involved how it wont kill me ect, so was wondering am i the only one thats keep this diet a secret, im no way ashamed and its my choice how i lose weight, i just dont want to be telling the story of how and what every day

I told about 300 people that follow me on twitter :)

My wife knows, I'll be letting my family and friends know from Monday. I eat infront of people on a daily basis so I'm sure some will start gettin a bit curious when they see me pulling out a sachet 3 times a day.

I didn't tell many people, to begin with. One housemate who I barely knew, my two closest friends and that was about it to begin with. I then started a small blog with a limited number of friends able to view it, then told my family out of necessity as I was coming home. I didn't tell any work colleagues apart from one girl in my new office as dieting came up and she said she was on lighter life light - she's now saving herself a shed load and using exante instead :) before I moved here I just said I was on cuppa soups to save money instead of buying sandwiches each day. I didn't have a blanket rule about telling people, it depended on the individual. I don't broadcast it now, and I eat enough salads that people don't question me anyway - I only have shakes or soups in my hotel room or at home.

lovely to see lots of different answers coming in, i know i wont be able to keep this to myself for to long, i weigh 296lbs so as soon as any serious weight starts to come off people will ask but for now im happy with just me and hubby knowing and it will be easy for the time being as the kids are off school so have no lunch dates, or going out planned, nice to see how others are getting on, oh another reason my parents cant be told yet as, they would not be happy in the slightest, darn those parents for being so caring hehe x

I don't tell anyone who doesnt have to know (boyfriend/close friends) as you know ;) I just chose to keep it a secret so compliments were genuine and I'd know when it started showing for real. Also like you said, there's only so many times I could explain that it's going to be okay and that I'll still be healthy. I HATE when people tell me stories of other people they've known 'putting it all back on, plus extra'. So unsupportive, so condescending, so bloody irritating! X

Lucy it was actually you that got me wondering as i thought maybe it was just me lol then when i saw u was not telling many people wanted to know how everyone else went about it, x

I've got quite an active social life so it's been difficult for me to keep it as discrete as I'd like! One friend keeps forgetting and invites me round for wine or out for dinner. Bit annoying!

Most of my friends disapprove, but have learned to just keep quiet.

My boyfriend definitely didn't approve at first, but he's been so supportive. If people really care about you, they should understand that it's what you want to do, and you want support not advice.

Back