Who thinks I can reach my goal?

Sahara

Hello all,

I am completely new to forum sites, (not so new to dieting!) so bare with me.

I have been on a diet or binge since I was about 18 yrs. I told myself that if I wasn't at goal by age 30 I would give up, but that was 3 years ago and I can't stand being fat. My weight fluctuates around 12 and a half to 13 and a half. I'm 5'3".

I lost nearly 3 st with lighter life about 5 years ago and got down to 9st 12, but put it all back on (and more) when my hubby said he prefers me bigger!!

Tried ww and sw but I need to see quick results or I give up.

I feel really positive that I'm gonna do great things this time. I'm on day 4 and have been 100% good! Yippee!

I'm hoping this forum will be the kick up the bum I need when I'm having a bad day.

Am a bit worried about the weekend as I can't remember the last time I didn't eat crap and drink loads of alcohol!

I certainly think you can reach you goal Sahara, just make sure to keep us all up to date on your progress especially when your having a bad day and we can keep each other motivated.

good luck xxx:D

Still 100% good and feeling fab. Trousers already feel a bit looser. Looking forward to all those size 12 clothes I'm gonna buy in a few months
X

Felt really hungry for the first time this afternoon. Think it might be as I've done loads of walking in last few days? Had already had 2 shakes. Considered eating scrambled egg or chicken, but managed to avoid it. I ate a bit of my husbands broccoli in the end, so hardly a big cheat! I know as soon as I start cheating I'll be doing it all the time, so trying to be 100% for as long as possible.
Feeling good and really happy, completely opposite to when I'm binge eating. Need to remember that!

I dont think broccoli is cheating, it wont affect your ketosis, but I know what you mean about starting to cheat, it opens up the flood gates so im trying to keep them shut and not cheat at all, its bloody hard tho aint it, it will be worth it in the end xx

Hi Sahara 2012,
your and mine circumstances are same. I,m on diet for last 12 years and still fat. I lose little and put back even more. I did not want to be fat in my 30 but I turned 30 last month and still FAT. Hope to lose some with the help and support from this forum.

Welcome to the forum, The results are fast and fab so should keep you on track. Good luck and keep us posted x x

Well, I've still been good which has really shocked me. I've usually eaten by now. I did have a bit of broccoli and I licked a pringle but that doesn't count! Does it?
I feel so happy. Am already fitting better in my clothes and it's only been a week. Usually that would take months on sw or ww but I always give up before then.
I think when I'm bingeing and generally eating crap, not only do I feel guilty that I'm such a greedy fat pig, I also feel crap inside because the food is seriously lacking in any nutrition and not doing anything good. Well last time I checked mcdonalds was! So now I not only feel happy because I'm seeing some changes, but my body is thanking me for treating it to some vitamins and minerals for a change.
I now I'll have a down day soon, but long may this mood continue.
Have a good Monday everyone
xXx

Thank you Faith. And good luck for day 1. Remember it takes a few days to get into it. I'm really finding this forum a great help so thank you everyone. We can kick each others butts to get there.
Go Redhead! Well done.

Sahara2012 said:
Thank you Faith. And good luck for day 1. Remember it takes a few days to get into it. I'm really finding this forum a great help so thank you everyone. We can kick each others butts to get there.
Go Redhead! Well done.

Thank you sweetie. Everyone seems so nice here. Here to butt kick! Lol

Hi Sahara :D

Well done for doing so well so far! It's sooo hard going but will be totally worth it in the end! Shall keep up to date with how you're getting on! :D

My day has been fine. Nothing really to report! Been good.
Watching Olympic ceremony from last night and getting emotional that it's all over. I'm totally not sporty but loved every minute of it. So inspiring to see proper real people (who aren't skinny celebrities with no talent) really achieve something through hard work. But you know why Britain won so many medals? Because it was in London and they had the crowds cheering for them.
Let's copy them and cheer for each other through this weight loss journey and we'll ALL get there!

I'm emotional! Must be the ketosis!

xXx

I loved the Olympics too and no way am I a sporty person. Everytime our national anthem would come on, I'd be in tears. The closing ceremony was great x

First weigh in after 8 days and I'm 9lb lighter. Yippee! I haven't made a ticker thing, do this from my phone, but I was 12st12lb last week and now I'm 12st3. I've treated myself by trading my last shake for some scrambled egg, broccoli and mushrooms. I know how to party!! Cdc said it shouldn't take me out of ketosis. To be honest I didn't enjoy as much as I was looking forward to it.
Back on it 100% tomorrow. I want to try to get into the 11s next week.
Off now to try and dye my mousey browny greyey hair blonde. Slightly concerned it will go green or fall out.
How is everyone else doing?
xXx

Woo hoo, well done hunnie, I'm so proud of you... I think you can reach your goal :woohoo:

Thank you redhead. Am on cloud nine. I lost 3st with llighter life 5 yrs ago and put it all and more back on. Have tried all sorts of other diets since then, but I've never lost 9lb before and never got this far without a major cheat. Think I didn't really have a major reason to do it before. My husband prefers me bigger. But I have a new job were I'm going to have to go back into a uniform, and it's really making me kick my fat but!
I know this level of motivation won't last forever, especially if this hair dye makes my hair fall out, but for now I'm happier than I've been in ages.
xXx

LOL, you'll be fine... tomato sauce (lots of) will take the green out if it goes a bit strange coloured ;) I tried to dye mine blonde once, and ended up looking like a belisha beacon... message to self, red hair does not dye well with a home bleaching kit :giggle:

I always used to dye it blonde, but went darker a few years ago. But now I'm soooo grey I'm hoping blonde will make it show less. My roots are really blonde and the ends look a bit odd! I would love red hair. No need to dye!

Back