Who was I kidding?!

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Its been a bit of a year where I have been on SnS in between surgeries and have had to stop and start but still managed to lose a stone and a half, which is great but I need to lose that amount again! I recently posted that my son was going into hospital and i had all my SnS packs ready to take with me. I don't know why I was kidding myself that it was the right time to be continuing SnS. Son had major cardiac surgery, but not before it was postponed by two days (Birmingham Children's Hospital is extremely busy and not without its emergencies). The whole experience was very stressful and I couldn't continue on SnS, we were literally eating on the run, grabbing something when we could, even eating ridiculously late at night.
He's now home and I restarted on Friday when i returned back to work (I find it easier to start SnS when I'm at work). I managed to gain 7lbs in 2 weeks, given the rubbish I ate and the wine I gave into once he was out, that's not bad and since I restarted, I've lost 5lbs.
Sooooooooo.......there are no more surgeries in the way (had three this year myself), I have a hot and sunny holiday booked for September, so I have seven weeks to lose 19lbs. I'm not sure it can be done but I will keep going now :)
Sorry for the long post but good to be back on track. Here's to the rest of 2013, it has to be better :)

I'm glad that he is ok now, it must have been a really a stressful time for you. At least you tried and circumstances were beyong your contro for the majority of it, I wouldn't worry too much, most of that 7lbs will be water weight anyway. Good luck on this next leg of your journey.

Gosh, I think you deserve a medal for everything you and your son have gone through. It's bad enough going through surgery yourself (I know, I've had it set me back this year), but when your kids are really ill that's so much harder to deal with.

For what its worth I think you are right to recognise when the time is not right and not to punish yourself for it. You need to be able to focus on sns to make it successful... well at least that's what I find! I always describe this diet as the easiest and hardest way to lose weight...lol.

Good luck although I'm sure you don't need it ;)

Gosh what a lot of stressful times going on. Good luck with the weight loss journey now and hope that you reach your goal. I would like to have lost a similar amount by September too.

Back