Whole chicken in Slow Cooker

shezam

Silver Member
Hi! Planning on doing a whole chicken in the slow cooker today, does anyone have any tips? Was just thinking of cutting 2 onions in half and putting them on the bottom then placing the chicken on top, putting it on high for 4-5 hours. Does this sound ok? xxx

shezam said:
Hi! Planning on doing a whole chicken in the slow cooker today, does anyone have any tips? Was just thinking of cutting 2 onions in half and putting them on the bottom then placing the chicken on top, putting it on high for 4-5 hours. Does this sound ok? xxx

Never done that but have friends that have cooked a whole chicken in slow cooker but be warned the juice will prob be high fat therefore high syn as it will come off the chicken but if you place juicrs in a jug leave to settle and skim fat off it should be ok

Never done that but have friends that have cooked a whole chicken in slow cooker but be warned the juice will prob be high fat therefore high syn as it will come off the chicken but if you place juicrs in a jug leave to settle and skim fat off it should be ok

Well i'm not using the juice for anything, i'm literally just putting that in the slow cooker to cook! doing veggies/tatties in the oven :) Thanks!

You could scrunch up some tin foil and put it under the chicken. It reflects some of the heat and browns the skin a bit. I know you won't be eating the skin (probably lol) but it's much more aesthetically pleasing than an anaemic looking white chicken.

You could scrunch up some tin foil and put it under the chicken. It reflects some of the heat and browns the skin a bit. I know you won't be eating the skin (probably lol) but it's much more aesthetically pleasing than an anaemic looking white chicken.

Thanks! I defo won't be eating the skin. But yes to have it brown would be nice. I put 2 onion halves on the bottom to lift it up a bit. I can't wait for tea time. x

shezam said:
Well i'm not using the juice for anything, i'm literally just putting that in the slow cooker to cook! doing veggies/tatties in the oven :) Thanks!

Freeze it in a dish then scrape off fat don't let that fab stock go to waste just get rid of fat in it I regularly save my stock freeze and use for soups I just skim off the naughty bit

Back