1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Whole wheat pasta and brown rice

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Filling and Healthy' started by the_last_time, 13 March 2014 Social URL.

1. the_last_time

the_last_time Well-Known Member

Hello!

I'm thinking of having a go at healthy & filling, but my husband won't eat whole wheat pasta or brown rice. I am lazy by nature & so cooking two lots of pasta/rice seems a nuisance. So....does anyone tweak the plan & have the white stuff? If so do you find you still have good losses??

Thank you :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. sammi.g

sammi.g Well-Known Member

i'd agree with ur husband on the brown rice but i eat wholewheat pasta all the time and it doesn't taste or look (once cooked) any different, if it was me i would just cook him some without saying and see if he notices any difference lol i must admit i dont like brown rice myself as i find it hard so if i wanted white rice i would just point it but ive got a feeling it might be quite high so i'd probably have bombay potatoes if i was having a curry instead or wholewheat noodles (blue dragon-tesco) are free if i was doing chinese :) i personally don't tweak as i tend to think things are pointed for a reason :) x

4. the_last_time

Thanks Sammi! I like brown rice but I do prefer white!! I'll definitely try wholewheat pasta on him again, there was one that he didn't hate not so long ago, I'll have to find it again!

I think I'm going to give it a go next week, or at least have some F&H days and see how I get on :)

5. sammi.g

sammi.g Well-Known Member

i really like it and manage to eat really well on it, i had fajitas last night with homemade tortillas altho you can have ww ones which are on the F&h list.

i'm having lamb shank tonight with veg and a few roasted new potatoes.

good luck x

6. the_last_time