whos just starting

chickelette

I am just starting this journey of the Dukan is anyone else just starting out? or is there any tips from others that are on it? In my first week i lost. 2.kg but i am afraid i might of already put it back on after having a bad weekend. I need to loose weight before I get prenant and there is nothing worse than being pregnant when you are already obese.

Morning Chick

You'll find the boards busy with oldies and newbies alike, so have a flit around for some inspiration and start chatting.

Have a good Dukan day :D

P x

Hi chick, I am on my first Dukan Day!! How are you doing? Are you struggling or finding this ok? I am doing pretty ok so far, but ive only had breakie and lunch!! I am struggling a wee bit to think of interesting meal combinations!! I also find it a bit tricky coz Im not a huge fan of meat!! Sticking to prawn, salmon, chicken and beef really i recon.

I gained most of my weight during my 2 pregnancies. After my first I had gained 3 stone then vowed I would loose it. Lost 2 stone then got preggers again and gained another 2 stone!! Urgh!! no more pregnancies for me!!!! good luck, you've got the right idea loosing weight now, but be careful when you do fall pregnant!! xxx

Definately worth reading the book and understanding it before you get started. Stock up on protein, eggs and cottage cheese are ace to keep as stand bys. Look on the diaries for food ideas, a lot of us post out day to day food menus so you can see what sort of thing we eat. I googled as well for recipes, and stock up on herbs/spices in the cupboard and for the freezert. So worth it. i've used more spices in the last 9 months than I have in the last 9 years. A lot of cooking too LOL.

Thanks. So far so good although stinking headache but I did expect it. Had my 2tbsp of oat bran with fat free Greek yogurt and really enjoyed it. Filled the gap as a snack.

Yay there is more of us just starting. when i read through the board it was like everyone had been doing it for ages. I weighted myself this morning and its looks like i have put on what i lost last week. I think this is because i just went crazy in the weekend and ate what i wanted and pigged out at a childs bday party. This was a big no no. My other problem now is i found i get rather constipated (sorry ladies to much info) how can you get around this.

For breakfast i find it good to take the yoghurt and oat bran to work to have. Its nice and easy. Not to mention fulling :).

Want to be skinny mummy - I know what you mean with the preg weight i piled the weight on with my two. I think i put on 35kg with my first and bout 15kg with my second. I lost some but i seem to be gaining it all again. I m bad with the when you are skinny you are on the skinny side. when you are in a relationship you pile it on. I have not been this big since I was pregnant last.

Want to be skinny mummy - I know what you mean with the preg weight i piled the weight on with my two. I think i put on 35kg with my first and bout 15kg with my second. I lost some but i seem to be gaining it all again. I m bad with the when you are skinny you are on the skinny side. when you are in a relationship you pile it on. I have not been this big since I was pregnant last.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!! Lets blame it on the men!! its their fault we are overweight!!xxx

Don't forget your oatbran will make porridge which is lovely and filling. I have 1tbsp oatbran and half of wheatbran every single morning, and a yogurt for my breakfast. Keeps me going till nearly 1pm these days.

constipation is a problem we all suffer from, you will find you won't need to go too often either, I used to be twice a day, now its once every other day. Rhubarb is excellent for helping with that. You can have 100g stewed rhubarb on PP days as a tolerated, and unlimited on PV days as its a veg. I add it to my porridge on PV days. tend not to have it on PP days unless I really really am stuck.

Don't forget the muffins - once you're in cruise (cos they have wheatbran in) they are an absolute lifesaver and I couldn't have survived the diet without them!! Good luck guys xx this is the best diet in the world!! :)

Is wheat bran an alternative to oat bran or something you can have later in the diet? I am using oat bran to make the pancakes most nights because night times are when Im most hungry and will struggle if i dont fill myself!

Ive been coping through the mornings mostly on meat & cottage cheese concuctions, and this seems to be getting me through till lunch, but then I never used to eat breakfast so im finding it a struggle to remember and is sometimes a late mid-morning snack rather than breakie. Will this affect my weightloss much?

x

thats what i want to know to. i see people making all these things but i cna't work it out. I thought you wre cutting out like your breads potatoes etc. But isee people making breads some how or pancakes, muffins. how do you make these with our flour? I brough natural bran the other day but i have not used it. Is this the same as wheatbran people talk about?

My typical day is oatbran and yoghurt for breaky ( I can eat it on the run at work)
A can of Tuna for lunch. (sometimes i will buy sushi and eat that (with out eating the rice), or buy a quiche or sausage roll with out the pastry (well at work)
Then for lunch i have a read meat (mince, sausage or steak) with mixed veges or beetroot.

In the weekend i go totally off and eat anything lately as i get bored at what im eating during the week.

MY partner is getting sick of the same thing and not sure what to cook either as he trying to be supportive of me. But he normally has pototoes, pasta, breads in his meals.

I have just brought the complete dukan recipe book online to help but that won't get here until middle of April.

Have a good look through the dukan recipe thread their are some good things to make including the recipes for bread and pancakes but also some good meal ideas for all phases my favourite is the dukan lasagna iv found a variety through googling or just reading through the diaries of the more experienced Dukaners if you see any food ideas that you like just ask everyone is happy to share and help out! And if you've got a sweet tooth I highly recommend the chocolate mug cake or the floating islands both are on the Dukan recipe thread! Good luck and don't be afraid to ask everyone is lovely and have helped me loads! X

The bread and muffins are made using the oatbran and wheatbran.

Wheatbran is additional to the oatbran.

In cruise we can have 2tbsp of Oatbran and 1tbsp of Wheatbran. I use half of each of the allowances to make breakfast porridge with 120ml milk and sweetner. Microwave for 1 min, stir it, put on for another 30s and watch it....make sure it doesn't bubble over. On PV days add some stewed rhubarb to it, makes it into a bigger portion LOL. I also have a yogurt with my breakfast with a cuppa and this will keep me going to lunchtime, I used to have lunch at 11.30 now I can go til 1pm.

The other half of the bran allowances, i put with 2tbs of Skim Milk Powder, 1tsp of Baking powder, 2tbs Quark and 1 egg. Mix really really well and then pour into a microwaveable container (I use chinese takeway tub lined with greasproof) Microwave for 3 mins on 600W setting. This produces a nice bit of 'bread' I have half as a sandwich and half with dukan lemon curd and sweetened quark as a cake.

So thats my bran allowances, and I still got two meals out of it. I have this nearly every single day. It is very very filling. More so than the pancakes I personally think. You could always sweeten the bread, add some flavourings and make it into a cake that you could eat for supper. Slice it into portions and it makes a lovely yummy meal.

We all make things 'fake', bread and cake are not as you know them. Potatoes and Rice are really things like Butternut squash and Cauliflower....but cooked in a way as to resemble the fake and added to a meal.

Look around the site, there are lots of ideas. Google what you aren't sure about as there is a lot of lovely recipes out there too.

Good luck newbies xxx Fab advice there from Karin xxx Karin you have gien some fantastic in depth advice on hear and its just a thought but you could cut and paste these points into a thread or sticky so the infomation is in one place. There are faq but your comments are great advice and something I would have loved when I started xxx What do others think???

Hellooooooo I'm starting again in the morning I've been poorly and feeling a bit sorry for my self I managed to loose 5 stone on dukan but put a stone on since I have been recovering from my operation but i am feeling a lot better so here to the 2 stone I will loose ! :))

Good luck tomorrow and well done with your fantastic loss so far back on the Dukan bus for your last two stone xxx

welcome back hope. its good you know what to do and can get straight back on that bus.

Sid, thanks for comment, I will go do that.

Back