why am i not losing weight argh!! opinions on my diary welcome!!

jojo30

Hi All,!
I am brand spanking new to this site and am so please I found it! I have been at slimming world nowfor 5 weeks and have only lost 4.5 pounds:(. I must admit I do not have a great deal to lose but surely this shouldnt be a massive prob should it? I am not certain that im even optimizing my food to how it should be so I have a big favour for any one whois willing to help.Could you please take a look at my food intake and please tell me what you think! I presonally think im scoffing far far far too much! hehe:wave_cry:
Ok so:
Wednesday- Breakfast, Melon and 1 mullerlight with 1 alpen cereal bar! (B Choice).
Lunch Melon, Banana, Strawberry and 1 mullerlight.
Snacks 2 hard noiled eggs, 1 lunch size pack of ham.
Dinner - 1 jacket with slimming world burgers and mushy peas.
Snacks 3 more muller lights!
Syns- 1 meringue nest and 1 kit kat - totals 8.5 syns. oh and my a option is skimmedmilk per day in my cups of coffee!!

As a general rule the above is pretty much what i eat every day, the yoghurts are to a ridiculous amount but i keep thinking that if they are free then i wont hurt 2 fill up on them

with regards to my syns i do use them on alcohol over a weekend and often save them most days for extra wine on a saturday
all opinions are more than welcome and thanks for reading xxxxx:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Hi Jojo! Welcome to the site, and congrats on your loss so far :) Sounds like the scales are moving well for you, even if not as quickly as you'd like! What weight/height are you, and how much do you want to lose?

There are a few things I'd say about your food diary:
1. Are you on Extra Easy? It doesn't look like you're eating your healthy A choice, and you need to have 2 Alpen Light bars to make up your healthy B choice.
2. Again, if you're on extra easy, you need to have 1/3 superfree (so your non-starchy fruits and veggies) with each meal.
3. I'm not sure you're eating enough - your lunch, for example, is just fruit. This would explain why you're reaching for so many mullerlights.

If I were you, I'd up the quantity of food you're eating at mealtimes (more carbs and lean protein), which I suspect will help you naturally cut down on the mullerlights. Try reaching for superfree foods between meals instead and see how you go :)

Hope this helps!

Hello & Welcome! :)

All weight loss is great so don't beat your self up over 4.5 lbs that is fantastic :D

Your food diary looks really good I don't think I would do anything different. Except remember you can have 2 Alpen Lights in a day to make up your full ExB so if you can add an other one in somewhere so you are getting your full ExB

Me
x

My honest opinion is that your food for the day looks a bit 'wonky' (technical term) in that you are eating superfree at meals then snacking of free (particulary your lunch)

As you are doing EE I would suggest eating more free food at meal times (dont forget your 1/3 of superfree). Snacks, in theory, should come from the superfree list not free, but if you eat more at meal times you should be able to do this.

Wacth out for the muller lights, yes they are free but they do contain calories (you are effectively eating 500 calories a day just on them) and there are 'better' choices you could make

As you get closer to your goal weight (which I assume you are) then it will get harder to lose the pounds, there isnt much difference between the dieting and maintaining side of SW, just additional B choices.

Have a browse through some peoples diaries,and see what they are eating. It will come off eventually, but it may be slow. Good luck.

Hi

I know that technically you can have as many mullerlights as you like but I try and have two a day (three if I really need it and think I would be in danger of going off plan if I didn't).

350 ml of skimmed milk is quite a lot just to use in coffee - are you sure you are actually using it all?

I would try and swap your HeB choice to a HH choice - personally I have 42g of All bran (with a banana and half of my milk allowaance for breakfast).

Are you eating lots of veg/salad with your lunch and dinner?

If you don't have much to lose then 4.5 lbs really isn't bad though! Congratulations on that loss!

I'm new here too but have done SW before and I would agree with the others; too many muller lights, and you haven't REALLY had a b choice with only 1 Alpen bar, technically you should be counting that 1 bar as 6 syns.

I dont think you ar eating too much, just a bit wonky as someone else said!! Maybe for lunch you could have a ham and Egg salad with some fruit for afters instead of having the ham and eggs as snacks.

So, I would swap 1 of the mullers for the other Alpen bar from your B choice and have the ham and eggs as the basis for a meal (add salad, or SW chips, pasta etc) and then use your fruit more as snacks (Make sure it's 1/3rd size of your meal even if you are eating it later on).

Congrats on what you have lost so far!!! keep up the good work.

:D

Hi hun just as said already youre not eating very much in the way of what i would call a 'proper' meal. Swap the snacky things like muller lights for a decent filling meal like eggs or ceral at breakfast. Also with your tea you could do with your one third superfree - peas arent sorry.

you haven't REALLY had a b choice with only 1 Alpen bar, technically you should be counting that 1 bar as 6 syns.

That's not true. If you eat half a hexb that just means you've eaten half your allowance. You absolutely don't have to syn it. It's better to eat a little of your healthy extras than none at all! (Though obviously having your full allowance is best - they're called 'healthy' for a reason :))

Back