why am I so down today?

onlyme!

is a naughty girl...
I woke up this morning and I am just feeling down, there is no rhyme and reason for this. I am also one of the happiest people I know, genuinely happy. I just feel so fat and ugly even though I know I am thinner than I have been in YEARS! And to top it off I have just recieved a massive spot from my body, thank you body!

I find it all strange, has anyone else had days like this? what do you do to cheer yourself up? :sigh:

I get days like this. I also have a massive spot on my forehead. I am 35 years old! I should not be getting spots!

I find that exercise is the only thing that cheers me up. I find swimming a real stress reliever. Apart from that - shopping works :D

Hi Megan,don't think the weather and long dark nights help at this time of year. Sorry to sound like a bloke, but I feel rubbish and get spots with pmt, could it be that time?
Must admit Mr T been away since Monday and not back til 10pm tomorrow or fri and Master T temp and non-stop cough in night so I feel a bit horrid, but luckily the scales are keeping me happy at the mo.
Hope you feel better, maybe treat yourself to a little on-line shopping x

I also get days like this and the spots never had one as a teen but hit 30 and its horrible. I think we are a bit hard on ourselves yes we have doen so well losing weight and feel great about it but we can still have our down days, PMT is my worse time I never suffered before losing weight but I tend to get a little bit down and self loathing. It will pass have a look through old photos and see how far you have come that helps me I keep an pre CD photo on my phone as a reminder, I also think exercise really helps life my mood. Hope you help better soon xx

thanks guys....Its not PMT because I don't get periods but maybe it is my bodies way of reminding me what it use to feel like! as for the spot it is massive right by my mouth and hurts to talk. hehe

I think some of this is down to a so called friend of mine.

I hadnt seen her in 3 months so I was expecting a complement or at least 'you look lovely megan' however this is what happened....

'Friend'- are you still doing that stupid diet?
Me- Yes and I think it is the best thing!
'Friend' - have you actually lost any weight?
Me- leaving

I just feel so angry I am so close to 4 stone gone - although havent been weighed in for 2 weeks. Can she actually not see any difference.

I hope I feel better soon because I am actually thinking about quitting! :(

BIG GREEN EYED MONSTER! That is what she is!

You have done so brilliantly! Don't let her get you down x

Don't give up I had a few bad weeks where I picked at food and felt deprived of nice food things so I have a break for a week not a eat what i like break just a if I feel like I want it have it not bad things just some chicken here and there if i felt hungry. This week I have sorted my head and decided I am going to SS till i get to goal. Your friend doesn't sound like a good friend I am sure she noticed but was just jealous of how good you were looking. Focus on the positives I did a list of why I should do CD and why I shouldn't and that helped me focus n what i wanted. Hope you feel better soon xx

Last edited:
i shall come and join you in the down in the dumps club

oh and the so called friend? of course she can see the loss, shes just jealous

thanks guys, I dont know what is wrong I never feel like this. She has no reason to be jealous she is a size 10! Sumayyah come sit with me and we can moan together :D

Maybe threatened then rather than jealous? I know I have one "friend" in particular who likes having me as the fat friend - it makes her look good.

yep, ive been the fat friend to a few skinny girls and a few with a little they want to lose
those with a bit to lose seem to go on a diet as soon as i start losing weight and the skinny ones dont like the shift. hey if there having a fat day they can stand next to me and instantly feel tiny

I really do think that some people use other people's faults to boost their own self esteem and sense of superiority - whether that be what they look like, how rich they are, how clever they are, how good they are sports etc etc. I think it may be a question of their own insecurities.

yep all my skinny friends have told me maybe i should stop now I am not at goal yet still 12 stone 2lbs only a size 12/14 bmi 27, but as I become the same size/weight as them they all start to panic and my friends who i have over taken weight wise are the fat friends are all like but we loved you before we didn't judge you or we didn't notice, its like they are saying come back and join us no bloody way I am afraid women are harsh.

thanks guys....Its not PMT because I don't get periods but maybe it is my bodies way of reminding me what it use to feel like! as for the spot it is massive right by my mouth and hurts to talk. hehe

I think some of this is down to a so called friend of mine.

I hadnt seen her in 3 months so I was expecting a complement or at least 'you look lovely megan' however this is what happened....

'Friend'- are you still doing that stupid diet?
Me- Yes and I think it is the best thing!
'Friend' - have you actually lost any weight?
Me- leaving

I just feel so angry I am so close to 4 stone gone - although havent been weighed in for 2 weeks. Can she actually not see any difference.

I hope I feel better soon because I am actually thinking about quitting! :(

Oh Megan come on girl!!! Of course she could bloody tell you have lost weight. You know I have the same problem with my Auntie - she used to be big herself and lost weight about 10 years ago now with ww (about 4 stone altogether) She has always been very much adamant that she wont compliment me at any point in time. I always remember as a teenager, I started getting into make up and hair (as girls do) she just called me a 'tart' (in a joking way, but still...) and said that I 'loved myself' (which was so far from the truth it is unbelievable) Then at a family party EVERYONE commented on my weight loss - not her though. Not until the next day when she came round to my Mum's house (where me and hb stayed over) and she commented "you can see a difference in your hands Em! (WTF!!!!!!) Honestly Megan, DON'T give up hun. You have done brilliantly and you CAN tell a difference with the weight you have lost so far. Please ignore your friends comments (or lack of) and just enjoy the comments you do get!!! She is probably green with envy. I will never understand why people (esp women) are so jealous of other women's figures - if you care so much, sort your own body out so you have nothing to be envious of! I just think it is appauling that friends and family will not encourage, motivate and praise you for doing the best thing that you can for your own health. YOU GO MEGAN!!! REACH OUT FOR THAT HEALTHY BMI - IT'S A SMALL HURDLE AWAY !!!! :):):):) Hugs x x x

hey megan.... awwww hope youve managed to pick yourself up a littel bit since your post? Guru is right in what she says, i went swimming this morning and afterwards i feel so good, that keeps me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the day, i think if you push your boundarys, get out of comfort zone, once acheived you feel great and successful! unlike all the horrors that get themselves off on looking down on others as oyurve all been discussing, its just one of those extre hard days for you, we all get one, dont let it beat you though!!!!!! keep fighting today, it will all be worth it tomo! :)

also you freind is way way jelous of you!!!!!! a very bitter thing to do too! :( xxxxx ignore it and feel good thats shes jelous! ;)

Oh hunni, some people just suck!
You've lost so much weight it would be impossible for anyone not to see that you've lost weight. Some slim friends 'do' tend to feel threatened by the fact that we're getting slimmer (more competition for male (or female) attention maybe?) but i do put emphasis on the word some. I found everyone to be very supportive of my weight loss with lots of compliments but CD seems to have a stigma attached to it that makes people hate the diet if they're not actually doing it themselves. I have no idea why this is but it does get you down when people call it stupid and unhealthy. YOU know its doing you the world of good health wise, YOU know that you've lost LOADS of weight, and YOU know that you look better than you have in ages (not that you looked bad before though!) All that matters is that YOU feel great. It is nice to get compliments from people but we're not doing it for that reason, we're doing it for us!

Aside from that, its that grey and gloomy time of year when we all feel a bit bleugh! Exercise always help lift your mood, shopping, make a date with your funniest friend and have them make you laugh until your sides hurt...............
Whatever you do STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!!
*BIG HUGS* and i hope you're feeling brighter soon. xx

Thank you everyone I have just put on some loud music and danced my socks off feeling better for it :D xxx

Back