• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Why are all dresses so short :[email protected]

big bear

A bear on a mission!
S: 14st7lb
I'm looking for a dress to wear to my children's christenings on the 1st May. I've looked at loads of shops & all the dresses are really short.

I've got knobbly knees & I'm size 16/18 hourglass shape so it's either fitted dresses or prom style that suits me. I just want one that goes to my knees or just below.

I don't suit long dresses or maxi dresses & leggings look really stupid on me.

What am I going to do? :cry:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

lucylupin

S: 13st5lb C: 10st1lb G: 10st8lb BMI: 25 Loss: 3st4lb(24.6%)
Ive just bought my daughter a lovely dress, its from bhs, the sophie grey range. There are some really nice dresses there, she got a white one with black and grey flowers on it x

Crys

S: 15st13lb C: 15st2.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 0st10.5lb(4.71%)
put it over smart black skinny jeans.

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
I'm looking for a dress to wear to my children's christenings on the 1st May. I've looked at loads of shops & all the dresses are really short.

I've got knobbly knees & I'm size 16/18 hourglass shape so it's either fitted dresses or prom style that suits me. I just want one that goes to my knees or just below.

How about something like these from Monsoon

There are so many to choose from on their website. These are just a few of the 1950's ones which would look great dressed up for the christening and then be great for after.

big bear

A bear on a mission!
S: 14st7lb
How about something like these from Monsoon

There are so many to choose from on their website. These are just a few of the 1950's ones which would look great dressed up for the christening and then be great for after.
Oh I like those I'll have a proper look at Monsoon, thanks X

I can't help with dresses but I feel your pain. I have a long body and short legs and nearly all (low end) high street dress hems stop at my bum or a an inch or two below. I like Monsoon for posh frocks :)

cherry-pie

Trying again in 2012
S: 25st8lb C: 24st6lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 52 Loss: 1st2lb(4.47%)
Those monsoon ones are gorgeous, I love that whole vintage look. I have a dress upstairs that one day I am determined to wear - its a fifties original, pale blue silk with a star / polka dot pattern all over, to the knee with a matching belt. Its probably a size 20 - and best of all it belonged to my gran! I even have a photo of my great uncle's wedding where she is wearing it!

Maximus

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 6st11lb(38.78%)

Can I just say as a (relatively) normal male, they're not!!

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Wow, those dresses are AMAZING. I have never been a dress sort of person but I need to find something that I can wear for a family wedding in September. I think those prices are out of my range - but they are so lovely!!!
(May have to start a secret slush fund :D :D)

Lucky7

Gold Member
S: 10st4lb C: 10st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
They often come up on e-bay, as people buy them for occasion wear. Just be careful of the sizings and check the website, and double, double check measurements with e-bay sellers!!

I find their 'vintage' 16 is like a modern 12.

S: 16st12lb C: 16st13lb G: 12st3lb Loss: -0st1lb(-0.42%)
my bro gettin married in june, hoping to wear a dress for it too. will be the first time i've worn a dress since i got married 8 years ago :( would love to feel feminine and sexy for once, not frumpy and covering up every inch!!