Why are Slimming World leaders fatter than WW ones?!

samsmum1

Silver Member
I know that WW leaders have to get weighed in front of the area managers and stay so many pounds within target,so you,d think that there would be a similar rule for SW?I rejoined WW this week but hate it-prefer SW but it really doesnt give me much faith when every leader i,ve has has been obese! Haaving said that my last leader was EXCELLENT at her job and has massive classes.You,d think though that if the plan is SO fab she,d at least try to stick to it! She came into the shop where I work wearing an 'I love Slimming World' t shirt in what must have been a size 26/28 and I could see other customers in the queue stifling giggles when she talked about her meeting.I dont want to sound mean cos she is lovely but also making shedloads of cash out of us?
Sal

I haven't seen any obese consultants, I've known some fluctuate at certain times, putting on weight after a holiday or putting on weight at a stressful time ect. but then loosing it again like we all do :/

I LOL'd at this thread thinking "just say it as it is" lol ;)

When I did Sw in 2009 the consultant was about a size 24.
It shocked me when She passed me a photo and I asked who it was and it was a photo of her from years ago being a size 10. Lol. It's like why you showing me that when your now twice the size!

she was crap too so didn't make me feel motivated. Whenever you asked questions she never knew the answer and most of the time never got back to you or gave you duff information!

Now I've rejoined I made sure I didn't go back to her class because I couldn't stand the woan and now I have a great consultant who has lost loads of weight and looks great :)

shes much more motivating and actually knows more about the plan and I like how she texts you in the week asking how your getting on etc xxxx

What an awful thread!!!

I know people who are at target and still overweight. The beauty of SW is that you can set your own target.

I don't know what else to say really. *shocked*

WW consultants hve to have a target within the healthy BMI range.

SW consultants have to be at target or close to target, but they can set their own target.

When I reach target I'll have lost 3st but still be classed as obese. Lots of people have targets that aren't within healthy BMI but feel right to them.
I understand what you,re saying but to have a consultant who just seems to gain and gain IS no encouragement!=I did say she was excellent at her job if you noticed but everyone at group who have known her forever say she.s never been any different,and it was her quote about making shedloads of money because she was talking about how busy classes are after Christmas compared to now (she has MASSIVE classes-like I said she is excellent at her job-justcan,t see why that in itself wouldn,t be motivation!)She was only saying how she had had McDonalds a couple of days before!

Last edited:
Classes are busier after Xmas but they are quiet now and in the summer, it's ups and downs! The money you see isn't hers, SW take a fair old chunk!!!

What an awful thread!!!

I know people who are at target and still overweight. The beauty of SW is that you can set your own target.

I don't know what else to say really. *shocked*

Sorry-I,m upset that you,re shocked.I really didn,t mean to offend.I really want to shift my weight and it just confuses me that if the plan is so fabulous the they all should be no more than 2or 3 stones from target-is that too much too ask?Obviously it is!

The plan is fabulous but sticking to any plan , no matter how fabulous, is hard.

I kind of see where you are coming from, I guess it was the brusqueness of your comment which took me aback.

As long as she motivates you, you're onto a winner because so many people say they have consultants who don't!!

I really don't understand why you would leave a plan that you like, SW and move to a plan you hate, WW. I understand that your saying she doesn't give you much faith in the plan but it's not what she puts in her mouth that counts.

Everyone struggles at some point being a cons doesn't exclude you from life's difficulties it doesn't magically make you able to resist the foods that made you big in the first place.

If she's no good at her job doesn't motivate YOU to follow the plan properly then move groups. I have struggled with the plan in the past but that's my problem. It hasn't stopped me from giving advice to others about how it should be done. In fact it gives me a greater understanding of how difficult it can be.

How do you think she felt with those people laughing at her? Do you think she didn't notice. I bet she did. Maybe talking about her macD's was a way of giving them the finger saying I don't care?

She is there to help YOU to lose weight not to be judged. Cause shes making money SW like any other slimming club is a business.

I could go on but think ive ranted enough. Maybe you didn't mean your post to come across as it did.

What a shallow narrow minded thread! You don't know her or anyone else's circumstances so who are you judge. Concentrate on your own weight loss. Plus If your team ww why don't you have a winge on there Iam sure you'll get the response you want!

What a shallow narrow minded thread! You don't know her or anyone else's circumstances so who are you judge. Concentrate on your own weight loss. Plus If your team ww why don't you have a winge on there Iam sure you'll get the response you want!
I,m most definately NOT team WW,that,s the whole point!

This topic comes up time after time and there's no right or wrong answer. Some people stick by the 'she might have already lost loads of weight' and others think we should have slim consultants. Now I'm not on either side really. I'm sort of inbetween. I do think consultants should strive to follow the plan themselves, like I wouldn't particularly take a consultant seriously if he/she was constantly gaining and was morbidly obese. But I don't think being in the correct BMI bracket is really important either. I realise they're all human. Just I like a consultant that tries to follow the plan. Its fine for me if they're a couple of stone over a healthy weight but if they were say 10stone overweight I might think they don't practice what they preach.

So although I thought the title of this thread was a little harsh, and love and agree with the fact that SW let's us choose our own target, I still agree with some points the OP said. At the same time though, everyones target weight is completely personal to them.

Well, you may not have wanted to sound mean, but I am afraid you did. You don't know her personal circumstances, whether she has lost weight already and used to be much bigger, or what her story is.

And how rude of people in the shop to giggle at her - why shouldn't she wear her Tshirt if she wants to?

And I very much doubt if she is making "shedloads of cash". There are some high-earning consultants, but very few (and they have to work very hard for it, with lots of large groups). But most consultants do not make huge amounts of money - from what you pay SW takes its cut, then there are the costs of hiring the venue, buying all the supplies, petrol, insurance, data protection coverage, etc., etc.

Its right that they have to pay upfront for all of their shop stock. My poor consultant covered another group last week and hifi bars and recipe books were stolen :( it all has to come out of her pocket. I bet she doesn't take her shop next time she covers there

I really don't understand why you would leave a plan that you like, SW and move to a plan you hate, WW. I understand that your saying she doesn't give you much faith in the plan but it's not what she puts in her mouth that counts.

Everyone struggles at some point being a cons doesn't exclude you from life's difficulties it doesn't magically make you able to resist the foods that made you big in the first place.

If she's no good at her job doesn't motivate YOU to follow the plan properly then move groups. I have struggled with the plan in the past but that's my problem. It hasn't stopped me from giving advice to others about how it should be done. In fact it gives me a greater understanding of how difficult it can be.

How do you think she felt with those people laughing at her? Do you think she didn't notice. I bet she did. Maybe talking about her macD's was a way of giving them the finger saying I don't care?

She is there to help YOU to lose weight not to be judged. Cause shes making money SW like any other slimming club is a business.

I could go on but think ive ranted enough. Maybe you didn't mean your post to come across as it did.

Crikey! It just shows how (as in text messages) you can come across totally differently to how you meant to most definately wouldnt want to hurt or offend her as we get on really well and as for the people laughing it wasnt out loud and she most definately wasnt aware of it.I know only too well how agonising and difficult it is to lose weight (i,ve been trying for 30 years!) but was just making an (obviously) badly worded observation.I apologise for any offence as non was intended.I,ll crawl back into my corner now!:sad0071:

If you are a consultant you should look healthy, im not saying be inside your BMI either as i dont believe in BMI but surely they should look healthy and relatively fit.

Thanks Craig-thats all I meant to say but I obviously went about it the wrong way!
Sal

Samsmum we all have an opinion. I think yours came across as being a little judgemental and harsh?

Why have you given up on SW just because of this one cons? Your not going to stick to WW if you hate it. Why not just go to another group?

Back