Why are thin people so mean!!

I was at work the other day, and was having to transfer a patient from a theater trolly to her bed. We had to do this in a small side room, which didn't leave much room for me, the other staff nurse and porter to move around. There was a small gap at the bottom of the bed, which i needed to get past, the other nrse siad " YOU WON'T FIT THROUGH THERE WILL YOU!?".... i got through with no prob i might add!! And whilst i was picking my jaw up off the floor, from utter shock:eek::eek::eek: that she thought it was ok to say that! She then added " WELL YOUR DIET MUST BE WORKING THEN!!
How rude!!! i wouldn't dare say anything like that and i can't beleive she was been like that!!!

That is shocking, absolutely disgusting. I think weight subjects are probably the last non taboo.

now that race/religion/colour etc are all catered for.

Good grief!! Well you can lose the weight, but she'll clearly always be rude. Sounds like you handled it very well.
Keep up the great work! X

Oh dear, I hope you can feel able to rise above it. Take a tip from good old Churchill:

Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.

You can lose your weight (and are!) but she will always be tactless.

I wish i could have come up witha whitty comment about her... but then again i'm not that mean!!!!

Not all thin people are mean, its just mean people who are mean!

I mean, you wont be mean when you are thin will you? (if you see what I mean...) :)

Its disgraceful that she thinks that it is acceptable to pass such a comment. It also demonstrates her lack of respect for others and her lack of manners.

I've been through something similar in the last few weeks and so I understand how you must have felt.

(((((HUGS)))))

xxx

She sounds like a very shallow individual to me and you should just ignore her!!! Unhappiness in her life may make her this rude and nasty so maybe instead of being annoyed at her maybe you should feel sorry for her and just be proud of the person you are instead x

What a nasty person. You should of said to her i maybe not be slim YET but i can diet and loose it. Whereabouts you will always be a nasty cow!

Could I just say something, don't be stereotypical. Like it has been said before she did not say what she said because she is thin, just because she is a nasty piece of work. Everyone around me is tiny and they are the nicest people ever. Plus soon we will all be thin and still lovely :)

Could I just say something, don't be stereotypical. Like it has been said before she did not say what she said because she is thin, just because she is a nasty piece of work. Everyone around me is tiny and they are the nicest people ever. Plus soon we will all be thin and still lovely :)
I was being steriotypical with her as that is how she was with me.... i obviously know all thin peple are not like this, most of my friends are thin. It was a point to put accross to make people read the thread. A nasty person is a nasty person regardless of weight..... but think of it this way would any one who has had, or continues to have a weight problem feel it was exeptable to comment so flipantly about another persons weight.... the answer is NO, because we all know how hard it is to lose it and to be dedicated enough to stick to a diet when we have people like that around us!!
Sorry for going off on one!!!!

Sorry, but I just don't like it when people make stereotypical statements (personal experience). I can understand why you said it, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Good evening.

That is shocking, absolutely disgusting. I think weight subjects are probably the last non taboo.

now that race/religion/colour etc are all catered for.

this is totally correct! It's the last thing people think they can comment on and not get into trouble for. So annoying!

I said this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating...

I honestly believe that people who don't have issues with their weight have no idea what people who do have problems go through. I think it's really easy for naturally thin people to look at us heavier people and think "oh, well if they just didn't eat so much, they wouldn't be fat."

The truth is, it's not that simple. If it were that easy, we would have all lost weight and kept it off from the first diet we tried.

Regardless of what the scale tells me, I know that I am always going to struggle with my weight. Even if I lose everything I want, I'll still have to work very hard to keep it off. Even though I might look like a skinny person who doesn't have to work at it, inside, I'll really be a fat person who will get fat again if I don't watch myself very carefully.

Regardless of what the scale tells me, I know that I am always going to struggle with my weight. Even if I lose everything I want, I'll still have to work very hard to keep it off. Even though I might look like a skinny person who doesn't have to work at it, inside, I'll really be a fat person who will get fat again if I don't watch myself very carefully.

Spot on Oinks, that is me 100%.

I have lost the weight, but I don't dare take my eye off the ball for 1 second.

I think people in general are probably sick of their own lives and are always angry because something is not working in their own lives. If instead of getting hurt by their comments we try to understand why they are behaving in such a way and talk to them about their issues not only are we going to be much happier but will also be able to help others.

Its the shift of our own perspective which will make us realize that everyone is fighting some kind of battle therefore we should be kinder than neccesary :)

And lastly we are the commanders of our own ships so don't let the comments of people around you bring you down. You know u are the BEST so to hell with what everyone thinks..your body does not define you as a person. If being thin made people happy then how come lot of skinny people are so miserable all the time?:confused:

Back